Romney Beating Obama Badly in Fundraising

Romney

Romney: Raking it in (Photo credit: Talk Radio News Service)

The Daily Banter headline grab (from Boston.com):

Can President Barack Obama raise the money he needs to hold onto the White House?

Money wasn’t supposed to be a worry for the president’s campaign, which smashed fundraising records in 2008. But Mitt Romney’s team has hauled in more than Obama and his allies for a third straight month, raising the once-unthinkable question.

While the race for voter support is tight, according to polls, Romney’s robust fundraising and a crush of money from Republican-leaning political action committees have forced the president’s campaign to spend heavily through the summer.

Highlighting the challenge for Obama, Romney on Monday reported a July fundraising haul of more than $101 million along with the Republican National Committee, compared to the $75 million that Obama’s campaign said it had brought in along with the Democratic National Committee.

During a fundraiser in Stamford, Conn., Obama said Romney’s tax proposal would benefit the wealthy at the expense of many middle-class families. ‘‘It’s like Robin Hood in reverse,’’ he said. ‘‘It’s Romney Hood.’’ Romney campaign spokesman Ryan Williams countered that Obama was the only ‘‘candidate in this race who’s going to raise taxes on the American people.’’

The president also warned that his campaign faced a deluge of Republican money.

‘‘Over the course of the next three months, the other side is going to spend more money than we have ever seen on ads that basically say the same thing you’ve been hearing for the past three months,’’ Obama said, then summarized their argument as ‘‘the economy is not where it needs to be and it’s Obama’s fault.’’

Before Romney’s summer surge, Obama had not been outraised by an opponent since 2007.

In an email to supporters after the July numbers were announced, the Obama campaign said, ‘‘If we don’t step it up, we’re in trouble.’’

Enhanced by Zemanta

Like Us On Facebook!

More on the Banter:

The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag

The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag

Fox News Thinks 'The Interview' Flap Is Obama's Fault

Fox News Thinks 'The Interview' Flap Is Obama's Fault