Obama warns Syria of military ‘red line’ on chemical weapons

President Obama during yesterday's press conference.

The Daily Banter Headline Grab (via Yahoo! News):

President Barack Obama warned Monday that he would consider military force if Syria’s Bashar Assad either tries to relocate his regime’s arsenal of chemical and biological weapons or attempts to use them on his own people in a bid to crush an uprising that could topple him from power.

“I have, at this point, not ordered military engagement in the situation,” Obama told reporters during a surprise question-and-answer session in the White House briefing room.

“We have been very clear to the Assad regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized. That would change my calculus. That would change my equation,” he said.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Reporter Ken Silverstein Confirms What Critics Have Said About 'The Intercept' From the Beginning

Reporter Ken Silverstein Confirms What Critics Have Said About 'The Intercept' From the Beginning

From the beginning, several of us here at The Daily Banter have questioned not only the editorial apRead more...
Somebody Should've Knocked Bill O'Reilly on His Ass Years Ago

Somebody Should've Knocked Bill O'Reilly on His Ass Years Ago

Quite a while back I was the producer on a show, the anchor of which was a powerhouse in the businesRead more...
MEMBERS ONLY: The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag: Racism and Geckos

MEMBERS ONLY: The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag: Racism and Geckos

On this week's edition of the NSFW Video Mail Bag, Ben, Chez and Bob discuss Brittney Cooper, the OsRead more...