Obama warns Syria of military ‘red line’ on chemical weapons

President Obama during yesterday's press conference.

The Daily Banter Headline Grab (via Yahoo! News):

President Barack Obama warned Monday that he would consider military force if Syria’s Bashar Assad either tries to relocate his regime’s arsenal of chemical and biological weapons or attempts to use them on his own people in a bid to crush an uprising that could topple him from power.

“I have, at this point, not ordered military engagement in the situation,” Obama told reporters during a surprise question-and-answer session in the White House briefing room.

“We have been very clear to the Assad regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized. That would change my calculus. That would change my equation,” he said.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

The most childish yet entertaining policy initiative out of the tea party is the idea of abolishing Read more...
MEMBERS ONLY: Rand Paul Gives the Koch Brothers a Big Wet Kiss in TIME Because He Wants Their Money

MEMBERS ONLY: Rand Paul Gives the Koch Brothers a Big Wet Kiss in TIME Because He Wants Their Money

We have officially reached the point in which Republican presidential candidates no longer even put Read more...
Britt McHenry Would've Gotten Off Easier Had She Choked Someone To Death On Video

Britt McHenry Would've Gotten Off Easier Had She Choked Someone To Death On Video

If you've been on your computer or watched cable news in the past 24 hours, you probably know who BrRead more...