Obama warns Syria of military ‘red line’ on chemical weapons

President Obama during yesterday's press conference.

The Daily Banter Headline Grab (via Yahoo! News):

President Barack Obama warned Monday that he would consider military force if Syria’s Bashar Assad either tries to relocate his regime’s arsenal of chemical and biological weapons or attempts to use them on his own people in a bid to crush an uprising that could topple him from power.

“I have, at this point, not ordered military engagement in the situation,” Obama told reporters during a surprise question-and-answer session in the White House briefing room.

“We have been very clear to the Assad regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized. That would change my calculus. That would change my equation,” he said.

Enhanced by Zemanta

MEMBERS ONLY: To Boldly Go Where WhiteHouse.gov Dares Not!

MEMBERS ONLY: To Boldly Go Where WhiteHouse.gov Dares Not!

Happy Monday, my faithful Banterduckens, and welcome to this week's Members Only visit to the White Read more...
Alabama Bill Would Allow Children To Possess Handguns Because That's a Great Idea

Alabama Bill Would Allow Children To Possess Handguns Because That's a Great Idea

Alabama might rank 49th in K-12 public education, but soon the kids in the state's school system couRead more...
Here's How Scientology Is Trying (and Failing) To Control the Damage Done by <em>Going Clear</em>

Here's How Scientology Is Trying (and Failing) To Control the Damage Done by Going Clear

If you watched Going Clear last night on HBO, you know how powerful it was. The Alex Gibney documentRead more...