Obama warns Syria of military ‘red line’ on chemical weapons

President Obama during yesterday's press conference.

The Daily Banter Headline Grab (via Yahoo! News):

President Barack Obama warned Monday that he would consider military force if Syria’s Bashar Assad either tries to relocate his regime’s arsenal of chemical and biological weapons or attempts to use them on his own people in a bid to crush an uprising that could topple him from power.

“I have, at this point, not ordered military engagement in the situation,” Obama told reporters during a surprise question-and-answer session in the White House briefing room.

“We have been very clear to the Assad regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized. That would change my calculus. That would change my equation,” he said.

Enhanced by Zemanta