Is CNN Implying it is Fair to Target Muslims?

MEMBERS ONLY: A President Walks Into a Helicopter....

MEMBERS ONLY: A President Walks Into a Helicopter....

Happy Monday, Banterers, and welcome to this week's Members Only column, in which you will learn, foRead more...
This Year's CPAC Speakers: Three Generations of Stupid

This Year's CPAC Speakers: Three Generations of Stupid

Sadly, the 2015 Conservative Political Action Conference is over. And while none of the speakers useRead more...
Reporter Ken Silverstein Confirms What Critics Have Said About 'The Intercept' From the Beginning

Reporter Ken Silverstein Confirms What Critics Have Said About 'The Intercept' From the Beginning

From the beginning, several of us here at The Daily Banter have questioned not only the editorial apRead more...
  • Christopher Foxx

    In a word: No.

    In two words: Clearly not.

    In more words: While he does describe the Sikhs as “unfairly targeted” I don’t see that he’s thereby suggesting that he thinks Muslims are fair game. What should he have said instead? “Incorrectly targeted”? “Mistakenly targeted”? If one wanted to they could wring out an interpretation from either of those that he’s saying it’s correct or not a mistake to target Muslims.

    Based on what I’ve read elsewhere, the current understanding is that the killer was probably mad at Muslims and didn’t realize that the Sikhs were someone different. Clearly the speaker is trying to communicate that and used “unfairly” to do so. I think one needs to be looking for something to see it as an endorsement of attacks on Muslims.