Is CNN Implying it is Fair to Target Muslims?

Feminist Poet Solves Most Pressing Issue In Feminism

Feminist Poet Solves Most Pressing Issue In Feminism

The pantheon of feminist goddesses houses a formidable gallery of thinkers, visionaries, and revolutRead more...
Sorry, Indiana Conservatives, There's Nothing in the Bible that Forbids Selling Things to Gay People

Sorry, Indiana Conservatives, There's Nothing in the Bible that Forbids Selling Things to Gay People

Gov. Mike Pence (R-IN) signed legislation on Thursday that allows business-owners to discriminate agRead more...
Republican Congresswoman Asks Facebook Fans to Diss Obamacare, Fails Spectacularly

Republican Congresswoman Asks Facebook Fans to Diss Obamacare, Fails Spectacularly

The problem with living in an alternate reality is that every now and then, actual reality slaps youRead more...
  • Christopher Foxx

    In a word: No.

    In two words: Clearly not.

    In more words: While he does describe the Sikhs as “unfairly targeted” I don’t see that he’s thereby suggesting that he thinks Muslims are fair game. What should he have said instead? “Incorrectly targeted”? “Mistakenly targeted”? If one wanted to they could wring out an interpretation from either of those that he’s saying it’s correct or not a mistake to target Muslims.

    Based on what I’ve read elsewhere, the current understanding is that the killer was probably mad at Muslims and didn’t realize that the Sikhs were someone different. Clearly the speaker is trying to communicate that and used “unfairly” to do so. I think one needs to be looking for something to see it as an endorsement of attacks on Muslims.