Breaking: Paul Ryan is Romney’s VP Pick

Paul Ryan pick announced via twitter

The Daily Banter Headline Grab (via the Guardian):

Mitt Romney has confirmed his selection of Paul Ryan as his vice-presidential running mate, stating that he is “proud” to have the Wisconsin congressman on the Republican White House ticket.

In a tweet sent out ahead of a formal announcement Saturday, the presidential candidate said: “I am proud to announce @PaulRyanVP as my VP. Stand with us today.”

Via his newly created Twitter handle @PaulRyanVP, the vice-presidential candidate tweeted: “I’m honored to join @MittRomney on America’s Comeback Team. mi.tt/Romney-Ryan #RomneyRyan2012″

The surprise pick comes after months of speculation over who the former Massachusetts governor would pick as his running mate ahead of November’s election.

Ryan, a 42-year-old conservative who has become the leading Republican voice on spending cuts, was earlier confirmed by a Romney campaign app.

“Mitt’s choice for VP is Paul Ryan. Spread the word about America’s comeback team,” it stated.

It confirmed rumours that had been circulating since late Friday, when it was announced that Romney’s VP pick would be made public today.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Quote of the Day: Here's Why Jon Stewart's Leaving <em>The Daily Show</em> (Hint: It's What We Thought)

Quote of the Day: Here's Why Jon Stewart's Leaving The Daily Show (Hint: It's What We Thought)

(Photo: Action Press/Rex) “Watching these channels all day is incredibly depressing. I live in a coRead more...
Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

The most childish yet entertaining policy initiative out of the tea party is the idea of abolishing Read more...
MEMBERS ONLY: Rand Paul Gives the Koch Brothers a Big Wet Kiss in TIME Because He Wants Their Money

MEMBERS ONLY: Rand Paul Gives the Koch Brothers a Big Wet Kiss in TIME Because He Wants Their Money

We have officially reached the point in which Republican presidential candidates no longer even put Read more...