Ann Romney, Chris Christie: Mitt Romney’s Heart and Spine

The Daily Banter Headline Grab (via Yahoo! News):

Ann Romney, resplendent in red, vouched for Mitt Romney’s heart. Chris Christie vouched for the Republican presidential candidate’s spine.

The potential future first lady and the blunt-talking New Jersey governor capped the second day of the Republican National Convention with a pair of much-anticipated speeches seemingly designed to counter two of Mitt Romney’s perceived weaknesses. Ann tackled his difficulty connecting to voters, especially women. Christie confronted head-on Romney’s flexibility on issues the party’s base regards as non-negotiable.

“I want to talk to you tonight not about politics and not about party,” said Ann Romney, long her husband’s best asset on the campaign trail. “Tonight I want to talk to you about love.”

“Tonight, we choose respect over love,” Christie said, describing how his late mother “told me there would be times in your life when you have to choose between being loved and being respected.”

Enhanced by Zemanta

Watch President Obama and Cecily Strong Play the Worst Room in Comedy at WHCD

Watch President Obama and Cecily Strong Play the Worst Room in Comedy at WHCD

Saturday night's White House Correspondents' Association Dinner (also known as "Nerd Prom" by annoyiRead more...
Sam Harris Hits Back At Cenk Uygur, Says He 'Systematically Acts In Bad Faith'

Sam Harris Hits Back At Cenk Uygur, Says He 'Systematically Acts In Bad Faith'

Last month, Cenk Uygur trashed Sam Harris after the two had a lively but amicable three hour conversRead more...
President Obama Brings Out Keegan-Michael Key To Be His "Anger Translator" at the White House Correspondents' Dinner

President Obama Brings Out Keegan-Michael Key To Be His "Anger Translator" at the White House Correspondents' Dinner

The second most amazing thing about this clip from Saturday night's White House Correspondents' DinnRead more...