Ann Romney, Chris Christie: Mitt Romney’s Heart and Spine

The Daily Banter Headline Grab (via Yahoo! News):

Ann Romney, resplendent in red, vouched for Mitt Romney’s heart. Chris Christie vouched for the Republican presidential candidate’s spine.

The potential future first lady and the blunt-talking New Jersey governor capped the second day of the Republican National Convention with a pair of much-anticipated speeches seemingly designed to counter two of Mitt Romney’s perceived weaknesses. Ann tackled his difficulty connecting to voters, especially women. Christie confronted head-on Romney’s flexibility on issues the party’s base regards as non-negotiable.

“I want to talk to you tonight not about politics and not about party,” said Ann Romney, long her husband’s best asset on the campaign trail. “Tonight I want to talk to you about love.”

“Tonight, we choose respect over love,” Christie said, describing how his late mother “told me there would be times in your life when you have to choose between being loved and being respected.”

Enhanced by Zemanta

Reporter Ken Silverstein Confirms What Critics Have Said About 'The Intercept' From the Beginning

Reporter Ken Silverstein Confirms What Critics Have Said About 'The Intercept' From the Beginning

From the beginning, several of us here at The Daily Banter have questioned not only the editorial apRead more...
Somebody Should've Knocked Bill O'Reilly on His Ass Years Ago

Somebody Should've Knocked Bill O'Reilly on His Ass Years Ago

Quite a while back I was the producer on a show, the anchor of which was a powerhouse in the businesRead more...
MEMBERS ONLY: The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag: Racism and Geckos

MEMBERS ONLY: The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag: Racism and Geckos

On this week's edition of the NSFW Video Mail Bag, Ben, Chez and Bob discuss Brittney Cooper, the OsRead more...