Ann Romney, Chris Christie: Mitt Romney’s Heart and Spine

The Daily Banter Headline Grab (via Yahoo! News):

Ann Romney, resplendent in red, vouched for Mitt Romney’s heart. Chris Christie vouched for the Republican presidential candidate’s spine.

The potential future first lady and the blunt-talking New Jersey governor capped the second day of the Republican National Convention with a pair of much-anticipated speeches seemingly designed to counter two of Mitt Romney’s perceived weaknesses. Ann tackled his difficulty connecting to voters, especially women. Christie confronted head-on Romney’s flexibility on issues the party’s base regards as non-negotiable.

“I want to talk to you tonight not about politics and not about party,” said Ann Romney, long her husband’s best asset on the campaign trail. “Tonight I want to talk to you about love.”

“Tonight, we choose respect over love,” Christie said, describing how his late mother “told me there would be times in your life when you have to choose between being loved and being respected.”

Enhanced by Zemanta

Trevor Noah's Tweets Saved Comedy Central From Making Huge Mistake

Trevor Noah's Tweets Saved Comedy Central From Making Huge Mistake

The virtual ink was barely dry on the tweet announcing Trevor Noah as Jon Stewart's replacement in tRead more...
Indiana Woman Convicted to 20 years on Largely Unproved Charges of Neglect and "Feticide"

Indiana Woman Convicted to 20 years on Largely Unproved Charges of Neglect and "Feticide"

A prosecutor and jury in Indiana decided that 33-year-old Purvi Patel didn't simply have a still-borRead more...
San Francisco TV News Runs Crawl That Says "F*cking Bullsh*t," Will Soon Be Firing Somebody

San Francisco TV News Runs Crawl That Says "F*cking Bullsh*t," Will Soon Be Firing Somebody

There are a couple of jobs in TV news that give a person autonomy, which means that no matter how muRead more...