Ann Romney, Chris Christie: Mitt Romney’s Heart and Spine

The Daily Banter Headline Grab (via Yahoo! News):

Ann Romney, resplendent in red, vouched for Mitt Romney’s heart. Chris Christie vouched for the Republican presidential candidate’s spine.

The potential future first lady and the blunt-talking New Jersey governor capped the second day of the Republican National Convention with a pair of much-anticipated speeches seemingly designed to counter two of Mitt Romney’s perceived weaknesses. Ann tackled his difficulty connecting to voters, especially women. Christie confronted head-on Romney’s flexibility on issues the party’s base regards as non-negotiable.

“I want to talk to you tonight not about politics and not about party,” said Ann Romney, long her husband’s best asset on the campaign trail. “Tonight I want to talk to you about love.”

“Tonight, we choose respect over love,” Christie said, describing how his late mother “told me there would be times in your life when you have to choose between being loved and being respected.”

Enhanced by Zemanta

More on the Banter:

Meet New Fox News White House Correspondent Kevin Corke

Meet New Fox News White House Correspondent Kevin Corke

December saw the unfortunate retirement of Fox News White House Correspondent Wendell Goler, but thiRead more...
Requiem for a Nightmare: With a Growing Measles Outbreak, Is the Anti-Vaxxer Movement Finally Finished?

Requiem for a Nightmare: With a Growing Measles Outbreak, Is the Anti-Vaxxer Movement Finally Finished?

There are those among us who've thought all this time that vaccines were the problem rather than theRead more...
The New 'Ghostbusters' Has An All-Female Cast and You Will Deal With It

The New 'Ghostbusters' Has An All-Female Cast and You Will Deal With It

But much like the dinosaurs breeding in Jurassic Park, the new 'Ghostbusters' movie, uh, found a wayRead more...
GoDaddy Pulled Its Super Bowl Puppy Ad Because the Internet Is Dumb

GoDaddy Pulled Its Super Bowl Puppy Ad Because the Internet Is Dumb

Everybody, please take the rest of the day off. It's the least you deserve for having overcome everyRead more...
Conservative Smear-Merchant Chuck C. Johnson Continues to Destroy Journalism, Target Rape Victims

Conservative Smear-Merchant Chuck C. Johnson Continues to Destroy Journalism, Target Rape Victims

What makes Johnson especially vile is that he's completely unaware of his awfulness.Read more...