Quote of the Day: New Spider-Man Movie a Remake of a Remake of a Remake

FILED TO: Media and Entertainment

The Amazing Spider-Man

The Amazing Spider-Man (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

David Cox on the new Spider-Man movie that if calculated properly, is a remake of a remake of a remake (and I’m including the old 70’s movie as well here):

Enthusiasm for The Amazing Spider-Man has been tempered by a caveat. In the words of Roger Ebert, “We didn’t really need to be told Spidey’s origin story again.” It’s only five years since the same studio gave us the third instalment of a different version of the same arachnid hero’s exploits. The pace of cinematic coprophagia seems to be hotting up. So does its volume.

Enhanced by Zemanta

If you love what we do here at the Banter, please consider becoming a Banter Member and supporting independent media! Readers get access to the Magazine and unlimited monthly articles

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!

Subscribe to the Banter Newsletter!