Quote of the Day: New Spider-Man Movie a Remake of a Remake of a Remake

The Amazing Spider-Man

The Amazing Spider-Man (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

David Cox on the new Spider-Man movie that if calculated properly, is a remake of a remake of a remake (and I’m including the old 70’s movie as well here):

Enthusiasm for The Amazing Spider-Man has been tempered by a caveat. In the words of Roger Ebert, “We didn’t really need to be told Spidey’s origin story again.” It’s only five years since the same studio gave us the third instalment of a different version of the same arachnid hero’s exploits. The pace of cinematic coprophagia seems to be hotting up. So does its volume.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Dear George Bush, Kindly F*ck Off and Leave Foreign Policy to the Grown Ups

Dear George Bush, Kindly F*ck Off and Leave Foreign Policy to the Grown Ups

Dear George Bush, It has come to our attention that you have been expressing views on foreign polRead more...
White House and Fox News Reporter Spar Over George W. Bush's Anti-Obama Comments

White House and Fox News Reporter Spar Over George W. Bush's Anti-Obama Comments

Former President George W. Bush made headlines this weekend when remarks he made at a closed-door meRead more...
Harrowing Road Rage Attack on Bike Rider Caught on Video

Harrowing Road Rage Attack on Bike Rider Caught on Video

As Summer rolls around and bike riders like me begin to wedge ourselves into our ill-fitting, garishRead more...