Quote of the Day: New Spider-Man Movie a Remake of a Remake of a Remake

The Amazing Spider-Man

David Cox on the new Spider-Man movie that if calculated properly, is a remake of a remake of a remake (and I'm including the old 70's movie as well here):

Enthusiasm for The Amazing Spider-Man has been tempered by a caveat. In the words of Roger Ebert, "We didn't really need to be told Spidey's origin story again." It's only five years since the same studio gave us the third instalment of a different version of the same arachnid hero's exploits. The pace of cinematic coprophagia seems to be hotting up. So does its volume.

Enhanced by Zemanta