Obama on Colorado Shooting: “Life is Fragile”

Obama addresses the nation on Colorado shooting

President Obama dropped his planned campaign speech in Florida over the weekend and instead held a moment of silence for the victims of the Aurora, Colorado shootings.

Said the President: “And if there’s anything to take away from this tragedy it’s the reminder that life is very fragile. Our time here is limited and it is precious. And what matters at the end of the day is not the small things, it’s not the trivial things, which so often consume us and our daily lives. Ultimately, it’s how we choose to treat one another and how we love one another.”

Watch the speech below:

Enhanced by Zemanta

(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)

More on the Banter:

Plus-Size Model Can Try Redefining 'Beauty' But She Can't Redefine 'Healthy'

Plus-Size Model Can Try Redefining 'Beauty' But She Can't Redefine 'Healthy'

The diversity of bodies shouldn't be encouraged if it's going to facilitate a diversity of physical Read more...
MEMBERS ONLY: The Real Reason Why Anti-Obamacare CEOs Are Allegedly Cutting Employee Hours

MEMBERS ONLY: The Real Reason Why Anti-Obamacare CEOs Are Allegedly Cutting Employee Hours

If this theory is accurate, it's difficult to point to another chapter in history when major billionRead more...
Now We Can See How Homophobic, Racist and Misogynist "Friends" Really Was

Now We Can See How Homophobic, Racist and Misogynist "Friends" Really Was

When we revisit Friends on Netflix now that all ten seasons are available to stream -- looking at itRead more...
Ted Nugent Still Thinks Obama is a "Subhuman Mongrel"

Ted Nugent Still Thinks Obama is a "Subhuman Mongrel"

One year later, he not only stands by the insult, but said in an interview that it was "too delicateRead more...
Why Can't You Say 'Super Bowl' On TV?

Why Can't You Say 'Super Bowl' On TV?

Ever notice how some people on TV call the Super Bowl the "Big Game?" The popular understanding is Read more...