Obama on Colorado Shooting: “Life is Fragile”

Obama addresses the nation on Colorado shooting

President Obama dropped his planned campaign speech in Florida over the weekend and instead held a moment of silence for the victims of the Aurora, Colorado shootings.

Said the President: “And if there’s anything to take away from this tragedy it’s the reminder that life is very fragile. Our time here is limited and it is precious. And what matters at the end of the day is not the small things, it’s not the trivial things, which so often consume us and our daily lives. Ultimately, it’s how we choose to treat one another and how we love one another.”

Watch the speech below:

Enhanced by Zemanta

Feminist Poet Solves Most Pressing Issue In Feminism

Feminist Poet Solves Most Pressing Issue In Feminism

The pantheon of feminist goddesses houses a formidable gallery of thinkers, visionaries, and revolutRead more...
Sorry, Indiana Conservatives, There's Nothing in the Bible that Forbids Selling Things to Gay People

Sorry, Indiana Conservatives, There's Nothing in the Bible that Forbids Selling Things to Gay People

Gov. Mike Pence (R-IN) signed legislation on Thursday that allows business-owners to discriminate agRead more...
Republican Congresswoman Asks Facebook Fans to Diss Obamacare, Fails Spectacularly

Republican Congresswoman Asks Facebook Fans to Diss Obamacare, Fails Spectacularly

The problem with living in an alternate reality is that every now and then, actual reality slaps youRead more...