Is Capitalism Devouring the Planet?

My friend Alyona Minkovski and Chris Hedges discussing Hedge's new book 'Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt' that reports on the devastating effects consumer capitalism is having on the world's eco-systems:

I'm always a bit reticent to read Chris Hedge's work because it is so alarmist (the title of his book sounds like a Mel Gibson movie), but it's hard to disagree with his logic. I can't help but think his message might meet more people if he toned down the 'everyone is going to die' language, but he's still a brilliant guy and a fantastic reporter - and thankfully one with a platform.

Enhanced by Zemanta