How Neo Cons Get Out of Lying

Chief neo-con propagandist Charles Krauthammer has been doing the rounds defending Romney’s time at Bain Capital. Here he is lying about Romney’s record:

Obama starts with the attack on the [Romney] outsourcing. It’s shown to be false. If there was any, it happened after Romney left Bain. So then the Obama people return with a second falsehood that Romney was running Bain until 2002. All the evidence is he was not.

Krauthammer is simply making this up, as admitted by Romney himself, and Bain’s public record (from Boston.com):

Romney’s team has not wavered from its position that he had no involvement with Bain Capital after Feb. 11, 1999. The firm has backed him, despite submitting Securities and Exchange Commission filings that name Romney as “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president” long after that date.

Krauthammer is continuing the neo con tradition of inventing reality to fit its ideology, no matter how blatant the truth is. Writes Andrew Sullivan:

What’s striking here is the lack of any relationship to reality. “All the evidence?” Is it simply impossible for neocons to admit they have made a mistake? Or do they have to keep on lying for ever?

Yes, they do. An aid to the Bush White House (later suspected to be Karl Rove) once told a reporter about the neo conservative version of reality:

We’re an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you’re studying that reality — judiciously, as you will — we’ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.

Neo cons are convinced that if they keep lying, at some point, the lie becomes reality no matter how absurd. Want to create a capitalist utopia in Iraq despite mass opposition and civil war? Just say its working and it is! Want Mitt Romney not to be involved with Bain when he clearly was? Just say so, and magically, he wasn’t! Krauthammer has discovered a very neat debating trick that allows him to pedal his gibberish without fear of being wrong. Even if you prove he is, it doesn’t matter, because Krauthammer will just say otherwise.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Like Us On Facebook!

More on the Banter: