How Easy is it to Buy Ammunition Online? Pretty Damn Easy

The Daily Banter headline grab (from the Guardian):

Spend just a few minutes browsing the internet and it becomes clear how James Holmes was able to stockpile 6,000 rounds of ammunition without any alarms sounding. Huge amounts of ammunition can be purchased online in a matter of minutes and can be shipped straight to customers’ doors, no questions asked.

Yet those familiar with gun ownership in the US are unlikely to have been surprised.

BulkAmmo.com is one of many websites which allow for the purchase of lots of rounds at knockdown prices. On the website one can buy 1,000 .223, 62grain TulAmmo rounds, which can be fired by an AR15 assault rifle, for just $250, or 25 cents a round.

The website, like others the Guardian explored on Monday, offers incentives in the form of discounts the more ammunition you buy – four cases of 1,000 rounds comes to $980, or 24.5 cents a round.

Customers can essentially buy as much ammunition as they like. BulkAmmo.com had 18 cases of 1,000 .223 TulAmmo rounds “ready to ship”. The Guardian selected all 18 – 18,000 rounds – and was just a healthy credit card away from completing the transaction. It is illegal to ship ammunition to New York City, where our office is based, so we entered the address of a hotel in Aurora and were promptly told that in return for $4,737.30 (including a $327.30 shipping and handling fee) the 18,000 rounds could be delivered within days.

Enhanced by Zemanta

MEMBERS ONLY: It's Time To Stop Giving a F*ck

MEMBERS ONLY: It's Time To Stop Giving a F*ck

"And then, something happened. I let go. Lost in oblivion. Dark and silent and complete. I found freRead more...
Reza Aslan Was Interviewed By C.J. Werleman Because There Is No God

Reza Aslan Was Interviewed By C.J. Werleman Because There Is No God

This week, renowned scholar of religious gobbledygook Reza Aslan was interviewed by renowned copy-anRead more...
What Would Ben Carson Think If Being Black Was A Choice?

What Would Ben Carson Think If Being Black Was A Choice?

The political outrage of the day for Wednesday centers around remarks that brain surgeon and RepubliRead more...