Shocker: Paedophiles Using Children’s Website

Children's virtual games: Not so innocent

From Channel 4 News:

Seemingly innocent, Habbo Hotel, with its bright colours, pink teddy bears, flashing lights, and roaming ponies, is one of a growing number of virtual worlds created for kids. And with 10 million unique visitors a month, it is “the world’s largest social game and online community for teenagers”.

The game is set in a virtual hotel, where kids create avatars with which they can move around rooms, chat to other users in public or privately and even buy credits in the real world to furnish their virtual hotel room.

Channel 4 News producer Rachel Seifert spent two months playing this seemingly innocent game posing as a young girl. She found alongside the balloons and teddies, chats and interactions of an explicit sexual nature. The ease with which this happened was shocking.

Rachel said: “The chat was very sexual, perverse, violent, pornographic, overtly sexual acts, people saying they were going to do things to others, and it was very graphic.

“Within two minutes I was being asked individually ‘do you have a webcam?’, ‘can we chat on (instant messenger service) MSN, on Skype?’ I was also within a couple of minutes asked to strip, fully naked, and asked what would I do on a webcam.”

Rachel played the game 50 times and on each occasion had similar experiences.

Watch the shocking report from the UK’s Channel 4 below:

Enhanced by Zemanta

MEMBERS ONLY: Football, NASCAR, and Dave Weigel Come To White House

MEMBERS ONLY: Football, NASCAR, and Dave Weigel Come To White House

Good morning, loyal Banter members, and welcome to your weekly look behind the scenes of our White HRead more...
Ted Cruz: Gay Activists and Marriage Equality Supporters Are 'Liberal Fascists'

Ted Cruz: Gay Activists and Marriage Equality Supporters Are 'Liberal Fascists'

Arguably the most ludicrous book to emerge during the George W. Bush era was hilariously titled, LibRead more...
Watch President Obama and Cecily Strong Play the Worst Room in Comedy at WHCD

Watch President Obama and Cecily Strong Play the Worst Room in Comedy at WHCD

Saturday night's White House Correspondents' Association Dinner (also known as "Nerd Prom" by annoyiRead more...