Obama, Master Strategist or One Term Wonder?

On Monday, I posted a piece on the Banter arguing that President Obama was still a major force for progressive change in America. I linked to a video interview of one of my favorite writers, Robert Greene, the author of ‘The 48 Laws of Power’ and ‘The 33 Strategies of War’ and thought I’d post the video in full. Greene is a modern day Machiavelli and Sun Tzu and writes brilliantly on the power games humans play against one another. His take on Obama’s Presidency is fascinating to say the least, as he looks at his Presidency through the perspective of power, and asks whether Obama a master tactician or a one hit wonder. Having read Obama’s book ‘Dreams from my Father’, I have absolutely no doubt that he is acutely aware of the problems facing America and is a progressive at heart. I still want to believe that a lot of his political moves, many of which I have vehemently disagreed with, are part of a broader strategy that will leave the country in a far better place than it was before he arrived in office. Greene is of a similar belief and gives me confidence that despite his many flaws, Obama still gets it and is doing his best to further progressive politics in America. Decide for yourself, and weigh in with your comments below!

Enhanced by Zemanta

Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

The most childish yet entertaining policy initiative out of the tea party is the idea of abolishing Read more...
MEMBERS ONLY: Rand Paul Gives the Koch Brothers a Big Wet Kiss in TIME Because He Wants Their Money

MEMBERS ONLY: Rand Paul Gives the Koch Brothers a Big Wet Kiss in TIME Because He Wants Their Money

We have officially reached the point in which Republican presidential candidates no longer even put Read more...
Britt McHenry Would've Gotten Off Easier Had She Choked Someone To Death On Video

Britt McHenry Would've Gotten Off Easier Had She Choked Someone To Death On Video

If you've been on your computer or watched cable news in the past 24 hours, you probably know who BrRead more...