Obama, Master Strategist or One Term Wonder?

On Monday, I posted a piece on the Banter arguing that President Obama was still a major force for progressive change in America. I linked to a video interview of one of my favorite writers, Robert Greene, the author of ‘The 48 Laws of Power’ and ‘The 33 Strategies of War’ and thought I’d post the video in full. Greene is a modern day Machiavelli and Sun Tzu and writes brilliantly on the power games humans play against one another. His take on Obama’s Presidency is fascinating to say the least, as he looks at his Presidency through the perspective of power, and asks whether Obama a master tactician or a one hit wonder. Having read Obama’s book ‘Dreams from my Father’, I have absolutely no doubt that he is acutely aware of the problems facing America and is a progressive at heart. I still want to believe that a lot of his political moves, many of which I have vehemently disagreed with, are part of a broader strategy that will leave the country in a far better place than it was before he arrived in office. Greene is of a similar belief and gives me confidence that despite his many flaws, Obama still gets it and is doing his best to further progressive politics in America. Decide for yourself, and weigh in with your comments below!

Enhanced by Zemanta

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

More on the Banter:

Now We Can See How Homophobic, Racist and Misogynist "Friends" Really Was

Now We Can See How Homophobic, Racist and Misogynist "Friends" Really Was

When we revisit Friends on Netflix now that all ten seasons are available to stream -- looking at itRead more...
Ted Nugent Still Thinks Obama is a "Subhuman Mongrel"

Ted Nugent Still Thinks Obama is a "Subhuman Mongrel"

One year later, he not only stands by the insult, but said in an interview that it was "too delicateRead more...
Why People Are Frightened To Say 'Super Bowl' On Television

Why People Are Frightened To Say 'Super Bowl' On Television

Ever notice how some people on TV call the Super Bowl the "Big Game?" The popular understanding is Read more...
Here's the Bizarre Online Trail Left by the Ex-Employee who Killed Himself Outside Fox News HQ

Here's the Bizarre Online Trail Left by the Ex-Employee who Killed Himself Outside Fox News HQ

Given that it was such a sad and desperate act, it would be nice to be able to say that Phillip PereRead more...
Sorcerer Bill Belichick Summons Massive Blizzard To Distract Country From Deflategate

Sorcerer Bill Belichick Summons Massive Blizzard To Distract Country From Deflategate

For the first time in a week, all eyes are off the Patriots. And it's no accident.Read more...