Michael Musto not Helping Gay Rights with Republican/Nazi Comparison

Marina Levitis Michael Musto Luann de Lesseps ...

It's hard to know whether to take The Village Voice columnist Michael Musto's political writing seriously as he aims to offend and entertain more than anything else, but his latest post on Gay Republicans went way beyond the boundaries of acceptable commentary.

He wrote in a post titled: "GOProud Is A Bunch Of Jewish Nazis":

So, here's to you and your bizarre contradictions, GoProud.

You're like Jewish Nazis!

Black Klan members!

Women who campaign for Rush Limbaugh

Mexican Republicans!

Roaches who moonlight as exterminators!

Blech, go away.

I do think being Gay and voting Republican is a little weird and self defeating, but then people shouldn't have to vote for a candidate on single issues, and certainly shouldn't be compared to Nazis. I'm sure Musto would like to see people who believe in economic fairness but not abortion vote Democrat, putting aside religious beliefs for an arguably greater cause. Gay conservatives may not agree with Romney on social issues, but they are entitled to support him for his economic policies.

The Nazis exterminated 6 million Jews and tried to turn Europe into a fascist utopia. Gay Republicans are voting for tax breaks. It's not a fair comparison.

Enhanced by Zemanta