Reports Indicate Robert F. Kennedy’s Wife Hung Herself

Mary Kennedy was tragically found dead yesterday

Mary Richardson Kennedy, wife of Robert F. Kennedy Jr., was found dead at her Bedford home Wednesday afternoon, officials said.

Her official cause of death has not been released, but a source close to the investigation told The Journal News that she hanged herself.

Bedford Police responded to 326 South Bedford Road about 1:36 p.m. Wednesday and found a body inside an outbuilding on the property, officials said.

Officials at the Westchester County Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed that Kennedy’s body had been removed from the property Wednesday afternoon, but would not discuss how the 52-year-old died. An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday, officials said.

Kerry Lawrence, a White Plains attorney who had previously represented Kennedy in a drunken-driving case, also confirmed Kennedy’s death, but he, too, would not discuss details surrounding the tragedy.

“We deeply regret the death of our beloved sister Mary, whose radiant and creative spirit will be sorely missed by those who loved her,” the family said in a statement issued through Lawrence. “Our heart goes out to her children who she loved without reservation.”

South Bedford Road was closed heading toward Interstate 684 Wednesday afternoon. Helicopters hovered near the house.

Read more at Lohud.com

Enhanced by Zemanta
  • merl

    She didn’t love her kids that much or she wouldn’t have killed herself