Quote of the Day: Romney “Terrified By His Own Mouth”

Romney

Romney: Can't keep quiet about his wealth

Joe Klein on team Romney’s extraordinary efforts to stop reporters talking to him:

Mitt Romney is clearly a candidate terrified by his own mouth. What other explanation for his campaign’s extreme efforts to prevent reporters from asking him questions? I know that there isn’t much public sympathy for journalistic whining–including my own occasional, stupid laments–about the lack of access. But Romney’s staff has clearly taken this to a new level, preventing reporters from even watching the candidate’s mini-town meeting with middle-class voters at one stop.

When Romney speaks off the cuff, it’s usually to inadvertently tell people how rich he is and how little he understands their concerns, so it’s probably a good thing his campaign team want to control his exposure as much as possible.

Enhanced by Zemanta

More on the Banter:

MEMBERS ONLY: The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag: My Little Pony Sex Dolls, Marriage Advice and Batman Movies!!

MEMBERS ONLY: The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag: My Little Pony Sex Dolls, Marriage Advice and Batman Movies!!

On this week's NSFW Video Mail Bag, Ben, Chez and Bob discuss My Little Pony Sex Dolls, bank accountRead more...
The Daily Banter Video Mail Bag: The GOP Contenders, Links from Bill Maher, and Andrew Sullivan

The Daily Banter Video Mail Bag: The GOP Contenders, Links from Bill Maher, and Andrew Sullivan

On this week's edition of The Daily Banter Video Bag, Ben, Chez (who was dressed up as a frog...) anRead more...
Bristol Palin: Sarah Palin's Speech Didn't Suck Because Martin Luther King, Jr.

Bristol Palin: Sarah Palin's Speech Didn't Suck Because Martin Luther King, Jr.

There aren't enough MLK quotes on record to have rescued that train wreck.Read more...
Texas Republicans Want To Limit Cancer Screenings Because They Have Fetal Derangement Syndrome

Texas Republicans Want To Limit Cancer Screenings Because They Have Fetal Derangement Syndrome

Everything is bigger in Texas, including the Fetal Derangement Syndrome.Read more...
MEMBERS ONLY: Tony Robbins And The Bullsh*t Behind 'Self Help' America

MEMBERS ONLY: Tony Robbins And The Bullsh*t Behind 'Self Help' America

Of all the bullshitters in the industry, the most dangerous are the most seemingly genuine, and TonyRead more...
  • merl

    Bush didn’t like questions either, unless the were preapproved by Rove or someone