Quote of the Day: Romney “Terrified By His Own Mouth”

Romney

Romney: Can't keep quiet about his wealth

Joe Klein on team Romney’s extraordinary efforts to stop reporters talking to him:

Mitt Romney is clearly a candidate terrified by his own mouth. What other explanation for his campaign’s extreme efforts to prevent reporters from asking him questions? I know that there isn’t much public sympathy for journalistic whining–including my own occasional, stupid laments–about the lack of access. But Romney’s staff has clearly taken this to a new level, preventing reporters from even watching the candidate’s mini-town meeting with middle-class voters at one stop.

When Romney speaks off the cuff, it’s usually to inadvertently tell people how rich he is and how little he understands their concerns, so it’s probably a good thing his campaign team want to control his exposure as much as possible.

Enhanced by Zemanta
  • merl

    Bush didn’t like questions either, unless the were preapproved by Rove or someone