Rick Santorum Suspends His Campaign

speaking at CPAC in Washington D.C. on Februar...

The end of Santorum's Presidential campaign?

Rick Santorum suspended his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination on Tuesday, bowing to the inevitability of Mitt Romney’s nomination and ending his improbable, come-from-behind quest to become the party’s conservative standard-bearer in the fall.

“We made a decision over the weekend, that while this presidential race for us is over, for me, and we will suspend our campaign today, we are not done fighting,” Mr. Santorum said.

Mr. Santorum made the announcement at a stop in his home state of Pennsylvania after a weekend in which he tended to his three-year-old daughter, Bella, who had been hospitalized with pneumonia.

About 20 aides stood around Mr. Santorum on the edge of the room as he spoke. Their eyes were red. John Brabender, his long-time media adviser and strategist, was choking back tears.

The decision abruptly ends his quest for the Republican presidential nomination after weeks in which he has struggled to compete with Mr. Romney’s well-financed, highly-organized campaign apparatus.

Read more at the NYTimes…

Reporter Ken Silverstein Confirms What Critics Have Said About 'The Intercept' From the Beginning

Reporter Ken Silverstein Confirms What Critics Have Said About 'The Intercept' From the Beginning

From the beginning, several of us here at The Daily Banter have questioned not only the editorial apRead more...
Somebody Should've Knocked Bill O'Reilly on His Ass Years Ago

Somebody Should've Knocked Bill O'Reilly on His Ass Years Ago

Quite a while back I was the producer on a show, the anchor of which was a powerhouse in the businesRead more...
MEMBERS ONLY: The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag: Racism and Geckos

MEMBERS ONLY: The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag: Racism and Geckos

On this week's edition of the NSFW Video Mail Bag, Ben, Chez and Bob discuss Brittney Cooper, the OsRead more...