Rick Santorum Suspends His Campaign

speaking at CPAC in Washington D.C. on Februar...

The end of Santorum's Presidential campaign?

Rick Santorum suspended his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination on Tuesday, bowing to the inevitability of Mitt Romney’s nomination and ending his improbable, come-from-behind quest to become the party’s conservative standard-bearer in the fall.

“We made a decision over the weekend, that while this presidential race for us is over, for me, and we will suspend our campaign today, we are not done fighting,” Mr. Santorum said.

Mr. Santorum made the announcement at a stop in his home state of Pennsylvania after a weekend in which he tended to his three-year-old daughter, Bella, who had been hospitalized with pneumonia.

About 20 aides stood around Mr. Santorum on the edge of the room as he spoke. Their eyes were red. John Brabender, his long-time media adviser and strategist, was choking back tears.

The decision abruptly ends his quest for the Republican presidential nomination after weeks in which he has struggled to compete with Mr. Romney’s well-financed, highly-organized campaign apparatus.

Read more at the NYTimes…

Age of Outrage: Was Joss Whedon Just Run Off Twitter By the Usual Angry Mob?

Age of Outrage: Was Joss Whedon Just Run Off Twitter By the Usual Angry Mob?

Joss Whedon left Twitter today. He deactivated his account completely. It's the second time he's donRead more...
Rush Limbaugh: Garland, TX Shooting Was 'Green-Lit' by Obama

Rush Limbaugh: Garland, TX Shooting Was 'Green-Lit' by Obama

In spite of the "Thanks, Obama" meme's dwindling efficacy, the far-right continues to go there. LastRead more...
Here's What It Looks Like When 200 Paranoid Idiots Try To Get the Army To Admit It's Planning To Take Over Texas

Here's What It Looks Like When 200 Paranoid Idiots Try To Get the Army To Admit It's Planning To Take Over Texas

Last week we brought you a story that would be barely believable were it not for the fact that A) itRead more...