Rick Santorum Suspends His Campaign

speaking at CPAC in Washington D.C. on Februar...

The end of Santorum's Presidential campaign?

Rick Santorum suspended his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination on Tuesday, bowing to the inevitability of Mitt Romney’s nomination and ending his improbable, come-from-behind quest to become the party’s conservative standard-bearer in the fall.

“We made a decision over the weekend, that while this presidential race for us is over, for me, and we will suspend our campaign today, we are not done fighting,” Mr. Santorum said.

Mr. Santorum made the announcement at a stop in his home state of Pennsylvania after a weekend in which he tended to his three-year-old daughter, Bella, who had been hospitalized with pneumonia.

About 20 aides stood around Mr. Santorum on the edge of the room as he spoke. Their eyes were red. John Brabender, his long-time media adviser and strategist, was choking back tears.

The decision abruptly ends his quest for the Republican presidential nomination after weeks in which he has struggled to compete with Mr. Romney’s well-financed, highly-organized campaign apparatus.

Read more at the NYTimes…

Like Us On Facebook!

More on the Banter: