Newt Gingrich: "CNN is Less Biased than Fox"

English: Newt Gingrich

Newt Gingrich’s blistering attack on Fox News, in which the former House speaker accused the network of favoring Mitt Romney in its coverage, has drawn the ire of at least one of its on-air personalities.

“I think Fox has been for Romney all the way through,” Gingrich said Wednesday during a meeting with Delaware tea party leaders, according to RealClearPolitics, which was given access to the private meeting. “In our experience, Callista and I both believe CNN is less biased than Fox this year. We are more likely to get neutral coverage out of CNN than we are of Fox, and we’re more likely to get distortion out of Fox. That’s just a fact.”

Several spokespeople at Fox did not immediately respond to a request for comment, but one on-air personality at the network took to Twitter to respond to the candidate’s remarks.

“Such sentiments nowhere apparent in my intvu w/him on Fox News Sunday. New Newt. Seems Old Newt loose again,” Brit Hume wrote on Twitter Wednesday evening.

In another tweet, Hume wrote, “Newt griping about Fox News, like Rick before him, is reminder: winners take responsibility; losers blame.”

During Wednesday’s meeting, Gingrich had also accused News Corporation CEO Rupert Murdoch of perpetuating the network’s slanted coverage of the 2012 race.

“I assume it’s because Murdoch at some point said, ‘I want Romney,’ and so ‘fair and balanced’ became ‘Romney,’” Gingrich said, according to RealClearPolitics. “And there’s no question that Fox had a lot to do with stopping my campaign because such a high percentage of our base watches Fox.”

Read more at Politico....

Enhanced by Zemanta