Ten Stupidest Things Mitt Romney has Said About Money

Mitt Romney at one of his presidential campaig...

Romney Just Can't Connect

By Ben Cohen: Watching Mitt Romney attempt to ‘connect’ with voters is akin to watching your Grandfather parallel parking. No matter how hard they try, it never quite works and everyone is left feeling a little embarrassed at the end of it. ‘Never mind Grandpa’ I used to say as my Grandfather drove off to look for a spot at least two cars long. ‘The space was too small anyway’. After Mitt Romney finishes a rally, supporters no doubt offer similar condolences – ‘Well, he’s a great business man!’ Or ‘Isn’t his wife just lovely!’ Because Romney, no matter the circumstance, manages to come off as an out of touch, absurdly rich douchcebag.

Finding unbelievably stupid things Mitt Romney has said wasn’t difficult as it seems to happen literally time Romney appears on television.

Here are the top 10 quotes from Romney on money – a topic his team should advise him to avoid like the plague:

1. “I’m not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there.”

2. “I have some great friends who are NASCAR team owners.”

3. “I know what it’s like to worry about whether or not you are going to get fired. … There are times when I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip.”

4. “Rick [Perry], I’ll tell you what: 10,000 bucks? $10,000 bet?” (It takes 50% of Americans 5 months to earn $10,000)

5. “Ann [Romney’s wife] drives a couple of Cadillacs.”

6.  “Corporations are people, my friend.”

7. “I’m not concerned about the very poor. … We have a safety net there.”

8. “I’m also unemployed,” (Romney’s net worth is estimated to be over $200 million)

9. “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me.”

10. “I get speaker’s fees from time to time, but not very much,”  (Romney’s fees are $374,000)

Enhanced by Zemanta