Ten Stupidest Things Mitt Romney has Said About Money

Mitt Romney at one of his presidential campaig...

Romney Just Can't Connect

By Ben Cohen: Watching Mitt Romney attempt to ‘connect’ with voters is akin to watching your Grandfather parallel parking. No matter how hard they try, it never quite works and everyone is left feeling a little embarrassed at the end of it. ‘Never mind Grandpa’ I used to say as my Grandfather drove off to look for a spot at least two cars long. ‘The space was too small anyway’. After Mitt Romney finishes a rally, supporters no doubt offer similar condolences – ‘Well, he’s a great business man!’ Or ‘Isn’t his wife just lovely!’ Because Romney, no matter the circumstance, manages to come off as an out of touch, absurdly rich douchcebag.

Finding unbelievably stupid things Mitt Romney has said wasn’t difficult as it seems to happen literally time Romney appears on television.

Here are the top 10 quotes from Romney on money – a topic his team should advise him to avoid like the plague:

1. “I’m not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there.”

2. “I have some great friends who are NASCAR team owners.”

3. “I know what it’s like to worry about whether or not you are going to get fired. … There are times when I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip.”

4. “Rick [Perry], I’ll tell you what: 10,000 bucks? $10,000 bet?” (It takes 50% of Americans 5 months to earn $10,000)

5. “Ann [Romney’s wife] drives a couple of Cadillacs.”

6.  “Corporations are people, my friend.”

7. “I’m not concerned about the very poor. … We have a safety net there.”

8. “I’m also unemployed,” (Romney’s net worth is estimated to be over $200 million)

9. “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me.”

10. “I get speaker’s fees from time to time, but not very much,”  (Romney’s fees are $374,000)

Enhanced by Zemanta

More on the Banter:

Shock in the Blogosphere as Andrew Sullivan Shuts Down the Dish

Shock in the Blogosphere as Andrew Sullivan Shuts Down the Dish

The blogosphere was in a state of shock last night as pioneer blogger Andrew Sullivan, almost compleRead more...
MEMBERS ONLY: Sam Smith Sounds Like Tom Petty Because There's No Way To Do a Truly Original Song Anymore

MEMBERS ONLY: Sam Smith Sounds Like Tom Petty Because There's No Way To Do a Truly Original Song Anymore

I think there's actually another reason a song recorded in the year 2014 by a British guy who soundsRead more...
Best of Banter: Sarah Palin Got Crazier, 'Friends' Was Racist, and Ted Nugent Is Still An Asshole
Rand Paul Flip-Flops on Drones Again: They Should Be Legal But He'd Shoot One Down Anyway

Rand Paul Flip-Flops on Drones Again: They Should Be Legal But He'd Shoot One Down Anyway

Rand Paul's chief liability is his consistent lack of consistency, and this new statement on drones Read more...
Meet New Fox News White House Correspondent Kevin Corke

Meet New Fox News White House Correspondent Kevin Corke

December saw the unfortunate retirement of Fox News White House Correspondent Wendell Goler, but thiRead more...