Romney Snags Key Endorsement

Official portrait of US Senator Marco Rubio of...

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio officially threw his support behind Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney Wednesday night in an appearance on Fox News' "Hannity" show.

"It's evidently and increasingly clear that Mitt Romney's going to be the Republican nominee," Rubio told Sean Hannity. "I am going to endorse Mitt Romney."

"He offers such a stark contrast to the president's record," he added.

Rubio said that the primary needed to come to a close and that Republicans must avoid a "floor fight" in Tampa this summer: "I don't think there's anything good about that."

"I think it's a recipe for disaster."

"I think all the candidates in this race have a lot to be proud of," speaking of the other Republicans running for the party's nomination, but he called Obama a "disastrous president" and suggested the GOP should begin to focus on the general election.

Read more at YahooNews.com

Enhanced by Zemanta