WikiLeaks/Anonymous to Expose Millions of Intelligence Emails

Deutsch: Alexander Klimov als Anonymous-Aktivi...

Image via Wikipedia

WikiLeaks has begun releasing a cache of what it says are 5.5m emails obtained from the servers of Stratfor, a US-based intelligence gathering firm  with about 300,000 subscribers.

The whistleblowing site has released 167 emails in its initial release. WikiLeaks says it has partnered with 25 media organisations around the world, including Rolling Stone, McClatchey, the Hindu and Russia Reporter.

Unlike previous WikiLeaks releases, this latest email cache was apparently obtained through a hacking attack on Stratfor by Anonymous in December 2011 rather than through a whistleblower. Read more at the Guardian…

Enhanced by Zemanta

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

More on the Banter:

Now We Can See How Homophobic, Racist and Misogynist "Friends" Really Was

Now We Can See How Homophobic, Racist and Misogynist "Friends" Really Was

When we revisit Friends on Netflix now that all ten seasons are available to stream -- looking at itRead more...
Ted Nugent Still Thinks Obama is a "Subhuman Mongrel"

Ted Nugent Still Thinks Obama is a "Subhuman Mongrel"

One year later, he not only stands by the insult, but said in an interview that it was "too delicateRead more...
Why People Are Frightened To Say 'Super Bowl' On Television

Why People Are Frightened To Say 'Super Bowl' On Television

Ever notice how some people on TV call the Super Bowl the "Big Game?" The popular understanding is Read more...
Here's the Bizarre Online Trail Left by the Ex-Employee who Killed Himself Outside Fox News HQ

Here's the Bizarre Online Trail Left by the Ex-Employee who Killed Himself Outside Fox News HQ

Given that it was such a sad and desperate act, it would be nice to be able to say that Phillip PereRead more...
Sorcerer Bill Belichick Summons Massive Blizzard To Distract Country From Deflategate

Sorcerer Bill Belichick Summons Massive Blizzard To Distract Country From Deflategate

For the first time in a week, all eyes are off the Patriots. And it's no accident.Read more...