WikiLeaks/Anonymous to Expose Millions of Intelligence Emails

Deutsch: Alexander Klimov als Anonymous-Aktivi...

Image via Wikipedia

WikiLeaks has begun releasing a cache of what it says are 5.5m emails obtained from the servers of Stratfor, a US-based intelligence gathering firm  with about 300,000 subscribers.

The whistleblowing site has released 167 emails in its initial release. WikiLeaks says it has partnered with 25 media organisations around the world, including Rolling Stone, McClatchey, the Hindu and Russia Reporter.

Unlike previous WikiLeaks releases, this latest email cache was apparently obtained through a hacking attack on Stratfor by Anonymous in December 2011 rather than through a whistleblower. Read more at the Guardian…

Enhanced by Zemanta

Like Us On Facebook!

More on the Banter:

'Redefining Beauty' Is a Great Idea Until You Actually Think About What It Means

'Redefining Beauty' Is a Great Idea Until You Actually Think About What It Means