Quote of the Week: Are Conservatives Dumber than Liberals?

George Monbiot certainly thinks so.

It's not as nasty an argument as you might think - Monbiot divides conservative into two divisions: The clever manipulative ones who have created a conveniently self serving ideology, and the not so clever ones who swallow it. While I have many very intelligent conservative friends, I think there is some truth to Monbiot's assertions. He writes:

Any party elected by misinformed, suggestible voters becomes a vehicle for undisclosed interests. A tax break for the 1% is dressed up as freedom for the 99%. The regulation that prevents big banks and corporations exploiting us becomes an assault on the working man and woman. Those of us who discuss man-made climate change are cast as elitists by people who happily embrace the claims of Lord Monckton, Lord Lawson or thinktanks funded by ExxonMobil or the Koch brothers: now the authentic voices of the working class.

He kinda has a point...

Enhanced by Zemanta