Quote of the Day: The Fight Against Stupidity

Chez Pazienza outlines why the never ending fight against Republicanism is tiring, thankless task:

How do you even begin to call out a movement which has made itself nearly bulletproof by virtue of its unwillingness to subscribe to facts — facts that anybody not currently tied to a bed at Bellevue accepts as a jumping off point for his or her opinions? It's no secret that conservatism as a political ideal is a shadow of its former, somewhat respectable self, having long ago been hijacked from within by its most lunatic fringe. All that remains now is that fringe and those who cater to it, and to extend the metaphor, you just can't argue with a crazy person — nor with the person who will do or say anything to inexplicably appeal to that person. The American political right, at this point in our history, is so thoroughly shameless and hypocritical — and so detached from the world that everyone else on the planet inhabits — that attempting to refute its nonsense with logic and reason is a fool's errand. And while I've been a hell of a lot of questionable things throughout my lifetime, I hope a fool was never one of them.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Baltimore is the America We Asked For

Baltimore is the America We Asked For

Back in 2013, creator of the HBO hit The Wire David Simon wrote a scathing attack on American capitaRead more...
Fox News Priest Defames Atheists As People Who Can't Be Trusted To Hold Office

Fox News Priest Defames Atheists As People Who Can't Be Trusted To Hold Office

One of the more noxious opinions about humans is the belief that without a deity, we homo sapiens woRead more...
WATCH: Shepard Smith Has Had Enough of Fox News's Baltimore Blame Game Bullsh*t

WATCH: Shepard Smith Has Had Enough of Fox News's Baltimore Blame Game Bullsh*t

As you no doubt know by now, all afternoon parts of Baltimore have been something akin to a war zoneRead more...