Quote of the Day: The Fight Against Stupidity

Chez Pazienza outlines why the never ending fight against Republicanism is tiring, thankless task:

How do you even begin to call out a movement which has made itself nearly bulletproof by virtue of its unwillingness to subscribe to facts — facts that anybody not currently tied to a bed at Bellevue accepts as a jumping off point for his or her opinions? It's no secret that conservatism as a political ideal is a shadow of its former, somewhat respectable self, having long ago been hijacked from within by its most lunatic fringe. All that remains now is that fringe and those who cater to it, and to extend the metaphor, you just can't argue with a crazy person — nor with the person who will do or say anything to inexplicably appeal to that person. The American political right, at this point in our history, is so thoroughly shameless and hypocritical — and so detached from the world that everyone else on the planet inhabits — that attempting to refute its nonsense with logic and reason is a fool's errand. And while I've been a hell of a lot of questionable things throughout my lifetime, I hope a fool was never one of them.

Enhanced by Zemanta

(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)

More on the Banter:

Plus-Size Model Can Try Redefining 'Beauty' But She Can't Redefine 'Healthy'

Plus-Size Model Can Try Redefining 'Beauty' But She Can't Redefine 'Healthy'

The diversity of bodies shouldn't be encouraged if it's going to facilitate a diversity of physical Read more...
MEMBERS ONLY: The Real Reason Why Anti-Obamacare CEOs Are Allegedly Cutting Employee Hours

MEMBERS ONLY: The Real Reason Why Anti-Obamacare CEOs Are Allegedly Cutting Employee Hours

If this theory is accurate, it's difficult to point to another chapter in history when major billionRead more...
Now We Can See How Homophobic, Racist and Misogynist "Friends" Really Was

Now We Can See How Homophobic, Racist and Misogynist "Friends" Really Was

When we revisit Friends on Netflix now that all ten seasons are available to stream -- looking at itRead more...
Ted Nugent Still Thinks Obama is a "Subhuman Mongrel"

Ted Nugent Still Thinks Obama is a "Subhuman Mongrel"

One year later, he not only stands by the insult, but said in an interview that it was "too delicateRead more...
Why Can't You Say 'Super Bowl' On TV?

Why Can't You Say 'Super Bowl' On TV?

Ever notice how some people on TV call the Super Bowl the "Big Game?" The popular understanding is Read more...