Huge Liberal Hypocrisy on Constitutional Violations

Español: Sello de la NSA English: The seal of ...

Glenn Greenwald rips into liberals who defend President Obama's dismal record on civil liberties:

A core plank in the Democratic critique of the Bush/Cheney civil liberties assault was the notion that the President could do whatever he wants, in secret and with no checks, to anyone he accuses without trial of being a Terrorist– even including eavesdropping on their communications or detaining them without due process. But President Obama has not only done the same thing, but has gone much farther than mere eavesdropping or detention: he has asserted the power even to killcitizens without due process. As Bush's own CIA and NSA chief Michael Hayden said this weekabout the Awlaki assassination: "We needed a court order to eavesdrop on him but we didn't need a court order to kill him. Isn't that something?" That is indeed "something," as is the fact that Bush's mere due-process-free eavesdropping on and detention of American citizens caused such liberal outrage, while Obama's due-process-freeexecutionof them has not.

Greenwald points to a poll that shockingly shows mass left wing support for Obama's counter terrorism policies despite them being completely unconstitutional.

I must admit that I tend to brush over many of Obama's highly questionable policies because of the danger of letting another Republican into the White House. It's election time and I generally think the left should get behind Obama in order to block whichever lunatic makes it through the GOP primaries. However, there is absolutely no excuse for liberal's unquestioning support of Obama because it is an issue that should supercede party politics. An illegal, unconstitutional activity is an illegal, unconstitutional activity no matter who does it. The law is blind and should be enforced without regard to politics.

Obama won't stop because the current political climate does not allow him to. Obama has to be more militant on 'terrorism' issues than the opposition because he will be painted as a soft liberal. And that is why the public must hold him to account and stop him.

Enhanced by Zemanta