I Agree with Newt….

English: Former Congressman Newt Gingrich of G...

I hate to say this, but Gingrich's evisceration of John King last night on CNN was entirely justified. In response to a question about his treatment of his ex wife (he apparently asked her for an open relationship), Gingrich shot back with the following:

I think the destructive, vicious, negative nature of much of the news media makes it harder to govern this country, harder to attract decent people to run for public office. And I am appalled that you would begin a presidential debate on a topic like that.

Regardless of what one may think of Gingrich as a human being (and given his record of horrific personal behavior, it shouldn't be much), he should be judged on his political record and ability to lead. Bill Clinton had a deeply troubled personal life, but his abilities as a politician resonated with voters and his sins were largely forgiven – as they should have been.

I don't like Newt Gingrich as a person, or a politician, but no one should vote against him because he was unpleasant to his ex wife. Electing a President is about the job he or she will do, and it is a serious one. George W. Bush was by most accounts a faithful and loving husband, but one of the worst Presidents in history.

Let's judge Newt by his public record, not his personal one. That should be enough.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

The most childish yet entertaining policy initiative out of the tea party is the idea of abolishing Read more...
MEMBERS ONLY: Rand Paul Gives the Koch Brothers a Big Wet Kiss in TIME Because He Wants Their Money

MEMBERS ONLY: Rand Paul Gives the Koch Brothers a Big Wet Kiss in TIME Because He Wants Their Money

We have officially reached the point in which Republican presidential candidates no longer even put Read more...
Britt McHenry Would've Gotten Off Easier Had She Choked Someone To Death On Video

Britt McHenry Would've Gotten Off Easier Had She Choked Someone To Death On Video

If you've been on your computer or watched cable news in the past 24 hours, you probably know who BrRead more...