I Agree with Newt….

English: Former Congressman Newt Gingrich of G...

I hate to say this, but Gingrich's evisceration of John King last night on CNN was entirely justified. In response to a question about his treatment of his ex wife (he apparently asked her for an open relationship), Gingrich shot back with the following:

I think the destructive, vicious, negative nature of much of the news media makes it harder to govern this country, harder to attract decent people to run for public office. And I am appalled that you would begin a presidential debate on a topic like that.

Regardless of what one may think of Gingrich as a human being (and given his record of horrific personal behavior, it shouldn't be much), he should be judged on his political record and ability to lead. Bill Clinton had a deeply troubled personal life, but his abilities as a politician resonated with voters and his sins were largely forgiven – as they should have been.

I don't like Newt Gingrich as a person, or a politician, but no one should vote against him because he was unpleasant to his ex wife. Electing a President is about the job he or she will do, and it is a serious one. George W. Bush was by most accounts a faithful and loving husband, but one of the worst Presidents in history.

Let's judge Newt by his public record, not his personal one. That should be enough.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Bill Maher Defends Common Sense By Telling PC Liberals, 'Shut the F*ck Up'

Bill Maher Defends Common Sense By Telling PC Liberals, 'Shut the F*ck Up'

Few things are more enjoyable to listen to than Bill Maher going demolition derby on the Left's PC fRead more...
MEMBERS ONLY: The After Party Podcast! Millennials vs Gen-X, the Big Star Doc on Netflix, The Feels and Chez's New Music Countdown

MEMBERS ONLY: The After Party Podcast! Millennials vs Gen-X, the Big Star Doc on Netflix, The Feels and Chez's New Music Countdown

Download the MP3 75 minutes, 32MB Not Safe For Work! This week: Number 1 Album: Chez's New Read more...
Feminist Poet Solves Most Pressing Issue In Feminism

Feminist Poet Solves Most Pressing Issue In Feminism

The pantheon of feminist goddesses houses a formidable gallery of thinkers, visionaries, and revolutRead more...