Video of the Day: Ron Paul on Why Everything is Unconstitutional

If you add up all the things that Ron Paul believes are unconstitutional, there would literally be no reason to have a government at all:

Why on earth this man is viewed as being a serious candidate is anyone's guess, but then looking at the rest of the GOP field, it isn't that far fetched. I'm still with Andrew Sullivan on his assertion that Paul's ideological consistency and honesty makes him the best candidate to face Obama – but that's purely from an intellectual point of view. I'd probably rather Newt Gingrich got in over Paul in terms of winning the actual Presidency. At least he believes in some sort of government, even if it were completely rigged to benefit oil companies and Wall St. If Ron Paul became President of the United States and enacted 25% of his proposals, the country would fall apart over night.

Paul might be ideologically consistent and honest, but he is also completely nuts.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Reporter Ken Silverstein Confirms What Critics Have Said About 'The Intercept' From the Beginning

Reporter Ken Silverstein Confirms What Critics Have Said About 'The Intercept' From the Beginning

From the beginning, several of us here at The Daily Banter have questioned not only the editorial apRead more...
Somebody Should've Knocked Bill O'Reilly on His Ass Years Ago

Somebody Should've Knocked Bill O'Reilly on His Ass Years Ago

Quite a while back I was the producer on a show, the anchor of which was a powerhouse in the businesRead more...
MEMBERS ONLY: The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag: Racism and Geckos

MEMBERS ONLY: The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag: Racism and Geckos

On this week's edition of the NSFW Video Mail Bag, Ben, Chez and Bob discuss Brittney Cooper, the OsRead more...
  • Treading_Water

    Crazy Uncle Liberty lost me when he started talking about how disaster relief was unconstitutional. He says that people living in areas that might be visited by disasters should be required to carry extra insurance for the privilege of working in America’s port cities (which could be hit by hurricanes or tsunamis) or the heartland of America’s farming country (which could be hit by devastating blizzards, droughts, or tornadoes) or pretty much anywhere near a major faultline (the west coast, the east coast, and the center of the country spanning from Missouri to Iowa to Mississippi). Apparently he wants a mandated extra insurance cost for the people working our ports, our farms, and pretty much anywhere else subject to “weather”. Why does Crazy Uncle Liberty love insurance companies but hate the “United” part of the United States of America?

    I feel the same about Crazy Uncle Liberty as I do about Alex Jones. Sometimes they have a good point, but it’s quickly lost in all the extra conspiracy noise they bring to the conversation.