Quote of the Day: The Herman Cain Hypocrisy

HE IS NOT THE FIRST TO BE ACCUSED OF SEXUAL HA...

Oliver Willis on Republicans blatant hypocrisy over the Herman Cain sexual harassment scandal:

It is sort of hilarious to watch the same people who quite literally caused a constitutional crisis over half-baked allegations against Bill Clinton now insist that not only is Herman Cain innocent of the charges against him, but in fact that the very concept of sexual harassment is suspect.

Even better, they get to play the race card they’ve bitched and moaned so much about in the most disingenuous way ever.

Your modern conservative movement, rotten to its very core and then some.

I'm not weighing in on the scandal itself - I don't know enough to make a judgment and I would advise others to refrain from taking sides on the issue. However, watching Republicans squirm over the case is pretty funny. It just goes to show that in modern American politics, truth and justice are irrelevant - your job is to cheerlead your candidate regardless of their behavior and to ignore any of their short comings. This isn't to say that Cain shouldn't be defended, but attacking Clinton for the exact same offence and letting Cain of the hook is pretty ridiculous.

Image by roberthuffstutter via Flickr

Enhanced by Zemanta