How Obama Matches up Against the GOP Field

Caricatures: GOP Presidential Debate Participa...

According to a Quinnipiac poll, Obama is now matching up rather nicely against the current GOP field:

  • 47 - 42 percent over Romney, compared to a 46 - 42 percent Romney lead October 5;

  • 52 - 36 percent over Perry, up from a 45 - 44 percent tie last month;

  • 50 - 40 percent over Cain, who was not included in a matchup last month;

  • 52 - 37 percent over Gingrich, who was not matched last month.

There are competing theories as to why this is happening, including the death of Gaddafi and slightly improving economic figures, but I think it's most likely a result of the lunacy of the Republican field. Herman Cain, Rick Perry and Michele Bachmann are doing their utmost to turn the race into a clown show, and it looks like the majority of Americans are getting nervous. Writes Taylor Marsh:

Never have Republicans had a better chance to fulfill their dream of making Mr. Obama a one-term president. But with these bozos, who keep proving they’re not fit for 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., the American people are getting a sense that though Obama isn’t inspiring at his job at this point, these people would be far worse.

The lesser of two evils bites again, at least so far.

As I've said before, I continue to be strongly pro Obama - not because I think he's doing a terrific job, but because the alternative is absolutely horrifying.

Image by DonkeyHotey via Flickr

    Enhanced by Zemanta