Chart of the Day: The 1% in Congress

A stunning chart that maps the financial wealth distribution in the US as a percentage of Congress and the Senate (via Andrew Sullivan):

27c2c88a-97dd-49e5-8756-d059fb8cd4eb

The notion that the US is a representative democracy is now something of a sick joke – it is a country run by millionaires for millionaires. How do we change the wealth distribution in America? Simple – elect politicians who represent the interests of working people, not the mega wealthy.

Enhanced by Zemanta

WATCH: Shepard Smith Has Had Enough of Fox News's Baltimore Blame Game Bullsh*t

WATCH: Shepard Smith Has Had Enough of Fox News's Baltimore Blame Game Bullsh*t

As you no doubt know by now, all afternoon parts of Baltimore have been something akin to a war zoneRead more...
The Profound Unfairness of the Baltimore Riots

The Profound Unfairness of the Baltimore Riots

(Photo: AP Photo/Patrick Semansky) There's something grossly, profoundly unfair happening in BaltRead more...
Dear George Bush, Kindly F*ck Off and Leave Foreign Policy to the Grown Ups

Dear George Bush, Kindly F*ck Off and Leave Foreign Policy to the Grown Ups

Dear George Bush, It has come to our attention that you have been expressing views on foreign polRead more...