Chart of the Day: The 1% in Congress

FILED TO: Uncategorized

A stunning chart that maps the financial wealth distribution in the US as a percentage of Congress and the Senate (via Andrew Sullivan):

The notion that the US is a representative democracy is now something of a sick joke – it is a country run by millionaires for millionaires. How do we change the wealth distribution in America? Simple – elect politicians who represent the interests of working people, not the mega wealthy.

Enhanced by Zemanta

If you love what we do here at the Banter, please consider becoming a Banter Member and supporting independent media! Readers get access to the Magazine and unlimited monthly articles

Subscribe to the Banter Newsletter!