Chart of the Day: The 1% in Congress

A stunning chart that maps the financial wealth distribution in the US as a percentage of Congress and the Senate (via Andrew Sullivan):

27c2c88a-97dd-49e5-8756-d059fb8cd4eb

The notion that the US is a representative democracy is now something of a sick joke – it is a country run by millionaires for millionaires. How do we change the wealth distribution in America? Simple – elect politicians who represent the interests of working people, not the mega wealthy.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Republican Congresswoman Asks Facebook Fans to Diss Obamacare, Fails Spectacularly

Republican Congresswoman Asks Facebook Fans to Diss Obamacare, Fails Spectacularly

The problem with living in an alternate reality is that every now and then, actual reality slaps youRead more...
People Are Somehow Shocked Phil Robertson Said Something Grotesque About Atheists

People Are Somehow Shocked Phil Robertson Said Something Grotesque About Atheists

Each morning, I get coffee at a Dunkin Donuts in New York's Financial District, and just about everyRead more...
Half a Million People Generously Agree To Ogle Hot Stretch Mark Bikini Mom

Half a Million People Generously Agree To Ogle Hot Stretch Mark Bikini Mom

In a culture that relentlessly pushes unrealistic and harmful body images on women and girls, our thRead more...