Chart of the Day: The 1% in Congress

A stunning chart that maps the financial wealth distribution in the US as a percentage of Congress and the Senate (via Andrew Sullivan):

27c2c88a-97dd-49e5-8756-d059fb8cd4eb

The notion that the US is a representative democracy is now something of a sick joke – it is a country run by millionaires for millionaires. How do we change the wealth distribution in America? Simple – elect politicians who represent the interests of working people, not the mega wealthy.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Stephen Colbert Talks About His Favorite Things About Being Catholic (VIDEO)

Stephen Colbert Talks About His Favorite Things About Being Catholic (VIDEO)

One of the many things I admire about Stephen Colbert is that in spite of the anti-religion and vocaRead more...
BANTER EXCLUSIVE: White House Reacts To LAPD Shooting Of Homeless Man

BANTER EXCLUSIVE: White House Reacts To LAPD Shooting Of Homeless Man

America is reeling from another police shooting of an unarmed black man, this time of a homeless manRead more...
7 Charts That Show How Millennials Are Different From Their Parents

7 Charts That Show How Millennials Are Different From Their Parents

"I bet there were people in the Bible walking around complaining about 'kids today.'" -- Roger SteRead more...