Chart of the Day: The 1% in Congress

A stunning chart that maps the financial wealth distribution in the US as a percentage of Congress and the Senate (via Andrew Sullivan):

27c2c88a-97dd-49e5-8756-d059fb8cd4eb

The notion that the US is a representative democracy is now something of a sick joke – it is a country run by millionaires for millionaires. How do we change the wealth distribution in America? Simple – elect politicians who represent the interests of working people, not the mega wealthy.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Like Us On Facebook!

More on the Banter:

The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag

The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag

Fox News Thinks 'The Interview' Flap Is Obama's Fault

Fox News Thinks 'The Interview' Flap Is Obama's Fault