Chart of the Day: How Americans See Wealth Distribution

The chart below dispells the myth that America has a strong middle class – it doesn't, and the sooner people realize this the better (via Cesca):

Americans must realize that the 'American Dream' is a now a myth in order to redress the massive inequalities and stagnant social mobility that defines the modern economy. It is a bitter pill to swallow but a necessary one. Free market capitalism has failed and a new model must be implemented if a brighter future is to be had. To me, the 'Occupy Wall St' movement symbolizes a waking up – a possibly defining moment in US history where mass awareness and non violent protest coalesce to bring down corrupt power structures that have outstayed their welcome.

The economic inequality seen in America today is unsustainable. While Americans may not be fully aware of it, the reality will always trump the myth when there isn't enough money to pay the bills. If we continue along the same trajectory, that reality will set in so fast that Americans will have no choice but to overthrow the current monetary system. And that day seems to be approaching fast.

Enhanced by Zemanta

MEMBERS ONLY: To Boldly Go Where WhiteHouse.gov Dares Not!

MEMBERS ONLY: To Boldly Go Where WhiteHouse.gov Dares Not!

Happy Monday, my faithful Banterduckens, and welcome to this week's Members Only visit to the White Read more...
Alabama Bill Would Allow Children To Possess Handguns Because That's a Great Idea

Alabama Bill Would Allow Children To Possess Handguns Because That's a Great Idea

Alabama might rank 49th in K-12 public education, but soon the kids in the state's school system couRead more...
Here's How Scientology Is Trying (and Failing) To Control the Damage Done by <em>Going Clear</em>

Here's How Scientology Is Trying (and Failing) To Control the Damage Done by Going Clear

If you watched Going Clear last night on HBO, you know how powerful it was. The Alex Gibney documentRead more...