Chart of the Day: How Americans See Wealth Distribution

The chart below dispells the myth that America has a strong middle class – it doesn't, and the sooner people realize this the better (via Cesca):

Americans must realize that the 'American Dream' is a now a myth in order to redress the massive inequalities and stagnant social mobility that defines the modern economy. It is a bitter pill to swallow but a necessary one. Free market capitalism has failed and a new model must be implemented if a brighter future is to be had. To me, the 'Occupy Wall St' movement symbolizes a waking up – a possibly defining moment in US history where mass awareness and non violent protest coalesce to bring down corrupt power structures that have outstayed their welcome.

The economic inequality seen in America today is unsustainable. While Americans may not be fully aware of it, the reality will always trump the myth when there isn't enough money to pay the bills. If we continue along the same trajectory, that reality will set in so fast that Americans will have no choice but to overthrow the current monetary system. And that day seems to be approaching fast.

Enhanced by Zemanta