New Lunatic Joins GOP Presidential Hunt

Terry JonesImage by Wyscan via Flickr

Just when you thought the GOP Presidential race couldn't get any funnier. From TPM:

Quran burning pastor Terry Jones, last seen protesting Sharia law outside the White House and accidentally setting off his gun during a trip to Michigan, is getting ready to light up the presidential race.

A press release from Jones’ Stand Up For America Now announced his bid for the White House on Wednesday.

The kicker: stopping Sharia law — or anything anti-Muslim related — didn’t even make his platform.

It looks like Jones is running on the classic 'cut everything' Republican mantra and has opted to tone down the fire and brimstone rhetoric that made him famous. I guess this makes him a moderate of sorts (in real world terms, still a complete lunatic).

Jones has yet to file paperwork with the Federal Election Commission, but fingers crossed he gets a move on so the real fun can begin.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Here's Where You Can Shove Your Paleo Diet

Here's Where You Can Shove Your Paleo Diet

I do CrossFit. Wait, let me clarify that: I do CrossFit on and off, in between periods of barely beiRead more...
Bill O'Reilly Has a F*cked Up Murder-Obsessed Mind

Bill O'Reilly Has a F*cked Up Murder-Obsessed Mind

When it was revealed that Bill O'Reilly probably lied about killings he'd seen while reporting on thRead more...
Mall of America Terror Threat Still Can't Budge Gun Show Loophole

Mall of America Terror Threat Still Can't Budge Gun Show Loophole

Over the weekend, Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson mildly freaked a few people out by tellRead more...