Quote of the Day: Republican Political Fantasy Land

Perry Event 2/1/2010

Juan Cole rips into Rick Perry and the alternate universe he resides in:

It used to be that political divisions were about the different methods proposed to deal with social problems by persons with different political philosophies. Nowadays, politics is about which fantasy-land the politicians and their admirers reside in.

I'm going to be discussing Rick Perry more this week given the recent announcement that he is running for President, but I'll preface it by saying that we all need to be afraid. Very afraid.

Enhanced by Zemanta