London Riots Hit My Home Town

For some reason, the riots happening in London are affecting me quite badly - I'm finding it very sad to see my hometown burning when I am thousands of miles away and can't be with my friends and family. This just happened moments away from where I'm from in London:

The fact that most of these kids most likely don't understand why they are rioting is a real indictment of how broken British society really is. The random destruction and looting is indicative of a completely alienated youth culture that does not feel part of society in any way. Their frustration is not manifested in political protest, but in mindless vandalism and theft.

Not a good day for London.