Video: White Guys Pretending to be Black

This is a comedy skit I wrote about a year ago about the relationship between middle class white kids and their black friends. I wrote it because I was always intrigued as to why white kids felt the need to 'yo it up' in front of their black friends. Some of my closest childhood friends are black, and given they had always wanted to be economists, lawyers or doctors, they could never figure out why people would only talk to them about rap music and sports. We tried to convey that sense of bewilderment in the skit when the black guy (a computer technician) walks into a room full of middle class white kids who then start talking about rap music, dance and reparations. Check it out:

Enhanced by Zemanta