Quote of the Day: Krugman Batters Lieberman

Image via Wikipedia

Paul Krugman, Laureate of the Sveriges Riksban...

Paul Krugman slams Joe Lieberman's proposals for Medicare eligibility:

Joe Lieberman is proposing that we raise the Medicare eligibility age. That’s a truly cruel idea; as it happens, I know several people who are hanging on, postponing needed medical care, hoping that they can make it to 65 before something terrible happens.....

Lieberman is proposing that we move a substantial number of older Americans into a worse, more expensive health care system. Why would you want to do such a thing, as opposed to raising enough additional revenue to keep them on Medicare?

Enhanced by Zemanta