Obama's Silent Record

Over the past week, I've had several discussions with some interesting journalists and bloggers about the US political system and whether it is worth supporting Obama or not. The discussions were centered around whether Obama can be worked with to further progressive causes, or ignored. I still find myself in the former camp. While I recognize Obama's flaws - his acquiescence to the banks, the health insurance industry, and to a large degree, the Republicans, I still support him and try to be balanced when looking at his policies. Others like Glenn Greenwald continually bash Obama and insist on covering only the negative aspects of his Presidency (and there are lots), but I think it is not only counter productive, but unfair not to give Obama credit where credit is due. Check out this excellent analysis by Rachel Maddow of some of the massively positive elements of Obama's Presidency and judge for yourself:

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy