Quote of the Day: 'Blacks Don't Work as Hard'

Rep. Sally Kern, R-Oklahoma City had the following to say after a measure was announced seeking to ban affirmative action programs in the state:

“We have a high percentage of blacks in prison, and that’s tragic, but are they in prison just because they are black or because they don’t want to study as hard in school? I’ve taught school, and I saw a lot of people of color who didn’t study hard because they said the government would take care of them.”

I went to a school with lots of rich white kids, and many of them didn't study hard because they knew their parents would take care of them. According to Kern's logic, we should make sure rich white people cannot pass any of their money to their kids incase it gives them incentive not to work.

Never mind that under 2% of welfare recipients commit fraud, the implication that one race is lazier than another is grounds for a prompt resignation. Either that, or Kern uses her platform to attack the real criminals of welfare abuse - the banks, who have fleeced the federal government for trillions of dollars and contributed nothing in return. But then that would require speaking truth to power, and shallow racism is alot less risky in a state with an overwhelmingly white majority.