Ok, I Watched the Wedding

I arrived at Baltimore Airport on route to DC this morning and saw a crowd of people watching the Royal Wedding at a bar. I was unexpectedly hit by a wave of British pride, homesickness and nostalgia and sat glued to the screen to watch the ceremony. And I thoroughly enjoyed it.

A couple of days ago, I talked an unbelievable amount of smack about the Royal Wedding, denouncing it as a media orgy and PR event. I guess I'm either a complete sucker for all the marketing tricks I regularly claim to be above, or there was something profoundly historic and meaningful about the ceremony. Perhaps it is an integral part of my cultural identity and shared history that I simply cannot turn off no matter how anti establishment I am.

Or maybe it was a mixture of the two. Either way, I couldn't get enough of it.

Damn.