Obama Releases Birth Certificate. Trump Still Questions Validity

Yes, it really did come down to this:

President Obama's Long Form Birth Certificate

View more documents from

White House

And yes, Donald Trump is still questioning its validity. From the Huff Post:

"Today I'm very proud of myself, because I've accomplished something that no one else has been able to accomplish," said Trump on the release of the president's birth certificate, according to NBC News. "I want to look at it, but I hope it's true. ... But he should have done it a long time ago."

Trump spent most of his press conference telling the audience how proud he was of himself - a favorite hobby of his - and still maintained he wanted to see the certificate for himself (because only Trump can verify the legitimacy of birth certificates).

Obama told the press that he released the certificate so that the country cannot “get distracted by sideshows and carnival barkers…We do not have time for this kind of silliness. We’ve got better stuff to do. I have better stuff to do.”

Sadly, I don't believe this will be the end of the saga. Trump has rallied the GOP base behind his outrageous slandering, and he'll do it again if it means a boost in the polls. However, it should shut the media up for a little bit and they can hopefully get around to covering more serious topics.