End Of The Tea Party

This was inevitable. “Tea Party” was always a way to say “Republican” without attaching oneself to the epic failures of the Republican party. In 2009 and 2010, the right was all enthused to freak out over a black president stand up for “liberty” and engage in revolutionary cosplay. Astroturf can only go so far.

  • C.S.Strowbridge

    “What does her sexuality or gender have to do with anything?”

    MrGreyGhost says: “Sorry to break to you, but it’s common knowledge that most gheys are on the far-Left when it comes to politics.”

    That’s cause the right is filled with assholes like you.

    Fucking bigots.

  • Enlightened Liberal

    You can’t be forced to join a union by federal law. Once again, you’ve been lied to by conservative talking heads. How many times must it take you to realize they always lie?

    That is exactly right. You can be “forced” to pay union dues (or the equivalent) because you get the benefits of the union regardless.

    I love how the newspeak of the conservative movement has taken hold on the laity. Right to work= right to be exploited in the workplace.

  • Zython

    I in fact live in a right to work state and am quite pleased that my rights are not being trampled upon by being forced to join a union.

    I’m sure you LOVE being able to be fired by your boss for any reason whatsoever with no recourse. Of course, I’m not a masochist, so I don’t really like that.

    People should stand up for their right to work.

    Wait, “right to work”? So they shouldn’t have the right be safe in their work environment ? Or have the right for just compensation? Those are what I think of when I hear “worker’s rights”. But that’s probably because I’m not a corporate sycophant.

    and am quite pleased that my rights are not being trampled upon by being forced to join a union.

    You can’t be forced to join a union by federal law. Once again, you’ve been lied to by conservative talking heads. How many times must it take you to realize they always lie?

    and despite millions contributed to Kloppenburg from unions, she still lost.

    Of course, as a conservative, you’re not the least bit concerned with the 10k+ votes mysteriously “found” by a county clerk with a sketchy past in regards to electoral fraud.

  • http://wetcasements.wordpress.com Jaim

    “What Unions support resembles involuntary servitude, not worker rights.”

    Actually, if you work for a union you will make more and have better benefits than if you don’t. That’s what unions stand for and that’s why America needs far more of them:

    http://www.ehow.com/info_7994766_union-vs-nonunion-wages.html

    In a so-called “right to work” state you can be terminated at any time with no explanation by your employer. You have no job security. And, as mentioned, you will make a lot less.

    Kloppenburg was down by 30 points, yet she basically tied the wing-nut competitor.

    And guess what? Your precious GOP state legislators are going to get kicked out on their asses thanks in large part to union organizing.

    A win for unions is a win for America.

  • Barry

    No Zython, workers rights are not astroturf. People should stand up for their right to work. I in fact live in a right to work state and am quite pleased that my rights are not being trampled upon by being forced to join a union. What Unions support resembles involuntary servitude, not worker rights. What happened in Wisconsin w/ the unions was astroturf; rent a mobs put together by Organizing for America and bussed in from out of state. The fleabaggers will Likely be recalled and voted out; and despite millions contributed to Kloppenburg from unions, she still lost. Epic fail

  • http://wetcasements.wordpress.com Jaim

    The Teabaggers forced the GOP to be even crazier than usual. In the long run, this will hurt them.

  • Zython

    Sorry to break to you, but it’s common knowledge that most gheys are on the far-Left when it comes to politics.

    I couldn’t possibly imagine why. Apparently, anyone other than straight white Christian males wanting to be treated as a human being is “far left” these days.

    much less be subjected to bigotry from the same crowd that preaches tolerance.

    You do realize that tolerance of intolerance makes the entire exercise of tolerance futile, don’t you? Then again, I suppose that’s the idea, now isn’t it?

  • timmy

    Mark Foley?
    Ted Haggard?
    Glenn Murphy?
    Larry Craig?
    Rob Allen?
    Jeff Gannon?

  • db

    Grey,

    Have you heard of the “Log Cabin Republicans”?

    Does the name Ken Mehlman mean anything to you?

  • isms

    MrGreyGhost is Amused Observer, me thinks.

  • http://frankdisalleisadummy.wordpress.com/ The Dark Avenger

    much less be subjected to bigotry from the same crowd that preaches tolerance.

    MGG, I think you picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines:

    During a CPAC segment to recognize student conservative activists from across the country, one particular conservative, Ryan Sorba of the California Young Americans for Freedom, denounced CPAC for allowing the gay conservative group GOProud to co-sponsor the event and host a booth. After finishing his short speech against homosexuality as being contrary to the concept of natural rights — amidst booing from the crowd — he walked off the stage.

    “Just to change the subject for just a second, I’d like to condemn CPAC for bringing GOPride (sic) to this event,” said Sorba. The young activist crowd erupted into booing, but Sorbs continued. “Bring it. Bring it. I love it. I love it. I love it.

    “Guess what? Guess what? All right, guess what? Civil rights are grounded in natural rights,” said Sorba. “Natural rights are grounded in human nature. Human nature is a rational substance in relationship. The intelligible end of the reproductive act is reproduction. Do you understand that? Civil rights, when they conflict with natural rights, are contrary — hey, you sit down. The lesbians at Smith College protest better than you do. The lesbians at Smith College protest than you do. All right? Bring it.”

    Link

    Of course, to be fair, CYAF and CPAC have never styled themselves as citadels of tolerance, YMMV.

  • http://www.corporate-sellout.com/ Thad

    @Grey: “the ass-backwards claim that anyone who dares criticize this President must be a “racist”.”

    This, boys and girls, is what we call a strawman.

    “In fact, on the Left conservative gays aren’t even allowed to exist”

    As opposed to the right, where they’re greeted with open arms.

  • MrGreyGhost

    “What does her sexuality or gender have to do with anything?”

    Sorry to break to you, but it’s common knowledge that most gheys are on the far-Left when it comes to politics. In fact, on the Left conservative gays aren’t even allowed to exist, much less be subjected to bigotry from the same crowd that preaches tolerance.

  • timmy

    Dennis’ fathers favorite TV show.

  • db

    Guys,

    “Fox and CNN are = to The Wiggles.”

    I don’t understand the reference. Fox & CNN, I got but what’s the rest mean?

  • isms

    “What does her sexuality or gender have to do with anything?”

    What do you expect from a heterosexual man?

  • Zython

    Explains the epic fail of the unions in Wisconsin.

    1. So worker’s rights are now “astroturfing”?
    2. The recalls have been going pretty well. The only set backs have been caused by the Republicans breaking the law. Repeatedly

    gay woman

    What does her sexuality or gender have to do with anything?

  • Steadysoul

    so maybe this is just me but……
    when i clicked on the video within google reader…..
    a different video played…..

  • Marco21

    Yeah, Rachel Maddow, a far-Left, gay woman …

    I bet GreyGhost has Tammy Bruce programed in his car radio.

    Bigot clown.

  • http://sonic.net/~ckelly/Seekay/index.htm Repack Rider

    the Tea Party gets more coverage here than OW’s beloved Redskins,

    Possibly because the Tea Party has fucked up more shit for more people, because they are financed by shadowy interests who answer to no one, and because the Redskins don’t publicly crusade on a couple of networks for positions opposed by the majority of Americans.

    If I had to guess.

  • Enlightened Liberal

    Repack Rider:

    Liberal counter-protesters now outnumber TeaBaggers at Tea Party rallies.

    Just like KKK rallies, by the way. And the KKK rallies have fewer misspelled signs.

  • XeckyGilchrist

    The Tea Party did what it was bankrolled to: nudge the Republicans barely over the line in one! more! election!

    Now they can be conveniently discarded, their beloved Medicare dismantled by the very government hands they wanted kept off of it, and a new “grassroots” spun up out of raw stupid anger.

  • MrGreyGhost

    Yeah, Rachel Maddow, a far-Left, gay woman who anchors a show on a network that’s nothing but an arm for the progressive wing of the Democrat party says the Tea Party is “over” = True. And OW not only feeds into this nonsense (with the, get this…SURPRISE! 100% backing from his usual lemmings), but takes the absurd theater even further with the ass-backwards claim that anyone who dares criticize this President must be a “racist”.

    But then “They were never as big as the attention they were getting.”

    Right.

    http://www.gallup.com/poll/144242/americans-positive-negative-effects-tea-party-movement.aspx

    That and a quick look to the right notes the Tea Party gets more coverage here than OW’s beloved Redskins, imagine that.

  • timmy

    Power machinations fronted by self-important scapegoat fools. A Machiavellian lesson for us all?

  • http://sonic.net/~ckelly/Seekay/index.htm Repack Rider

    Liberal counter-protesters now outnumber TeaBaggers at Tea Party rallies. Somehow this happens without a network plugging “liberal” schedules, without magnetic (term used advisedly) speakers, and without free rides on buses chartered by…somebody.

    What conclusion can we draw from this datum?

  • timmy

    Because it goes in here and comes out there.

  • TrumpPalin

    Guys and Gals,

    Fox and CNN are = to The Wiggles. They cater to a specific audience. Why waste your breath talking about something you can’t control/fix?

  • flamingRedDingo

    CNN didn’t even cover the largest turnout of protesters since vietnam…
    on that day, they wished the Tea Party happy birthday. seriously.

    They were a no-show in madison.

    The shame.

  • flamingRedDingo

    Burn,

    Maddow was right when she implied our media is to blame.

    It’s not even the TP fault.

    It’s all the cameras that disproportionately point at them.

    I’ll raise Maddow one more, and suggest that without networks like FOX and CNN providing a platform, the TP may very well have withered far earlier.

    That’s where most of my anger is directed, because I think the TP are just a symptom of a larger problem – a poisoned 4th estate that can no longer serve the interests of democracy.

  • Burn

    Particularly CNN, who should know better, and one would think, still values the idea of journalistic integrity.

    Shit, where have you been? CNN has been a joke for a long time now. They are now some mutant combination of the E! Channel and a Fox News wannabe. It’s ALL about ratings. Nothing else matters. Whatever freakshow of the day or week is happening, they will be right there to cover it.

  • Burn

    They were never as big as the attention they were getting.

    But the Villagers thought they were a really important group that deserved to be taken SO seriously! Teabaggers used to hold a rally, and just like that 300 members of the so-called liberal media were right there jamming microphones into their faces to hear them say really important things like “Where’s your birth certificate boy?” and “Hands off my govt paid for oxygen tanks!”

  • flamingRedDingo

    I generally avoid Maddow, Micheal Moore, and Ed Schultz,
    Not because I necessarily disagree with what they say,
    but because they are often given to hyperbolic rhetoric that I feel undercuts their credibility. They are usually about throwing red meat to their audience, which is fine, mind you (and nearly everyone at Fox does the same) but it’s not a valuable source for substantive analysis. IOW: Hyperbole can be gratifying, but doesn’t really help anybody.

    That said, of those I mentioned above, Rachel Maddow tends to provide more level headed analysis, more often than her peers Schultz and Moore.

    This segment is one of those cases. I have to say that despite a little grand standing in a few points, she kept it very fair, and for the most part, stuck to the facts. She also covered the very important issue of MSM’s uneven coverage of this year’s events. Bravo.

    I think she’s stating the obvious of course, but SOMEBODY HAS TO. CNN and FOX aren’t reporting fairly on this stuff. It’s shameful. Particularly CNN, who should know better, and one would think, still values the idea of journalistic integrity.

    Unfortunately, she missed an opportunity to discuss one of the underlying issues at length, and IMO one of the most critical issues. How “sick” is our 4th estate? and what can we do to make it work again?

    I’d like to see more of what I just mentioned in the last paragraph. From others as well. Other than that though, I think she did a great job with this segment.

  • Marco21

    Oh, and their was also a bus with Indiana plates. Just sayin’.

  • Marco21

    Or epic fail, but anyway…

    Sadly I didn’t know there was a Chicago Tea Party event downtown or I surely would have attended. A few people I know who work in the area did drop by and report that “hundreds” was more lie one-hundred tops.

  • Enlightened Liberal

    Looks like Barry doesn’t know what Astroturf means.

  • Barry

    “Astroturf can only go so far.”

    Explains the epic fail of the unions in Wisconsin.

  • http://www.politicususa.com Phil Perspective

    It’s good that Rachel is covering this. They were never as big as the attention they were getting.