Atlas Flopped

http://maureenholland.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/atlas-shrugged-book-cover.jpg

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: 'The Lord of the Rings' and 'Atlas Shrugged'. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

John Rogers

I walked past a movie theater in Westwood, Los Angeles the other day playing 'Atlas Shrugged' (the cinematic version of Ayn Rand's homage to free market capitalism) and almost fell over laughing when I saw the people making up the very small line outside. The were all middle aged, slightly over weight, red faced angry looking white guys wearing golfing attire. I didn't want to stereotype, but it seriously looked like a Milwaukee convention forgarden fertilizer enthusiasts.

Anyhow, the reviews have been unanimously awful and it won't be something I'll be spending any time/money on. But I would like to ask readers to take/find photos of any lines outside movie theaters and send them in for everyone's amusement.