When Will Robert Mugabe Go?

A great segment from NPR on the new book 'Fear' by African journalist Peter Godwin who documents his return to the country he was born in to follow the 2008 election. Godwin's take is fascinating, and he contrasts the uprisings with those in Libya and Egypt, explaining why we might have to wait some time for the old man to leave.

Mugabe's treatment of his own people has been appalling to say the least, yet there are no 'No Fly Zones' over Zimbabwe and we are not spending millions of dollars a day to prevent the murder of civilians.

President Obama stated on Monday that:

"Some nations may be able to turn a blind eye to atrocities in other countries. The United States of America is different. And as president, I refused to wait for the images of slaughter and mass graves before taking action."

So why are we not in Zimbabwe?