Quote of the Day: Matt Taibbi on Thomas Friedman (Again)

Tom Friedman wrote the following gem in typically nonsensical, massively over generalizing article in the NYTimes on Egypt:

As I kept walking to my hotel, I realized why. When I looked down at the Nile embankment — and this was central Cairo — all I saw was garbage strewn about, a crumbling sidewalk and weeds sprouting everywhere. I thought: If this were Sydney, Singapore or Istanbul, the government would have built a beautiful walkway along the banks of the Nile where Egyptians and visitors could stroll with families in the afternoon. Not here.

Although Taibbi has desperately tried to restrain himself from skewering Friedman (a hobby he has practiced for many years), the above lunacy was too much:

The thing is, if this were Sydney, Singapore or Istanbul, you probably wouldn’t be building a walkway along the Nile for Egyptians to stroll along. There’s just never going to be another Friedman.

MEMBERS ONLY: A President Walks Into a Helicopter....

MEMBERS ONLY: A President Walks Into a Helicopter....

Happy Monday, Banterers, and welcome to this week's Members Only column, in which you will learn, foRead more...
This Year's CPAC Speakers: Three Generations of Stupid

This Year's CPAC Speakers: Three Generations of Stupid

Sadly, the 2015 Conservative Political Action Conference is over. And while none of the speakers useRead more...
Reporter Ken Silverstein Confirms What Critics Have Said About 'The Intercept' From the Beginning

Reporter Ken Silverstein Confirms What Critics Have Said About 'The Intercept' From the Beginning

From the beginning, several of us here at The Daily Banter have questioned not only the editorial apRead more...