Matt Bai Is An Idiot

The New York Times’ Matt Bai, fresh off his tongue bath/love letter to Chris Christie, had an interview where he exposed the kind of idiotic political thinking required to be a big thinker/writer about politics at the most influential newspaper in the world. When asked how he consumes political media, Bai said, “I don’t read bloggers, generally. I think there are some very good ones, but if you don’t want to become a vehicle for everyone else’s collective wisdom, then it’s best not to consume it, or at least that’s my philosophy.”

I don’t necessarily agree with this, but maybe it’s a viable position to have. But … here’s what Bai says just a sentence before — “I think Politico does a better and better job of rendering Washington in a more granular and very credible way, too.”

Yes, that Politico. AKA conventional wisdom central. But he doesn’t want the horrible blogs to muddy his world view.

Shut up. Just… shut up.

MEMBERS ONLY: Who Stole My City?

MEMBERS ONLY: Who Stole My City?

I grew up in Clapham, south London in the 1980's, and have clear memories of what the city felt likeRead more...
MSNBC Falls for Worst On-Air Prank Call Ever, Continuing Proud TV News Tradition

MSNBC Falls for Worst On-Air Prank Call Ever, Continuing Proud TV News Tradition

There's no semi-regular occurrence in television news that infuriates the hell out of me more than aRead more...
Did You Know ISIS is Getting Their Balls Beat Off In Tikrit?

Did You Know ISIS is Getting Their Balls Beat Off In Tikrit?

It might seem like Hillary Clinton's emails are the biggest story in the world right now, but prior Read more...
  • Steve LaBonne

    Yeah, Matt, because it’s so much better to “become a vehicle for” spin from politicians’ flacks. You know, the way you’ve been doing with you fellation of Christie.

    The traditional media can’t go out of business fast enough.