Mississippi Debates Honoring Klan Leader On License Plates

The south fails yet again. You've got to be kidding me.

A fight is brewing in Mississippi over a proposal to issue specialty license plates honoring Confederate Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, who was an early leader of the Ku Klux Klan.

The Mississippi Division of Sons of Confederate Veterans wants to sponsor a series of state-issued license plates to mark the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, which it calls the "War Between the States." The group proposes a different design each year between now and 2015, with Forrest slated for 2014.

"Seriously?" state NAACP president Derrick Johnson said when he was told about the Forrest plate. "Wow."

Image above from "Mississippians Against The Commemoration Of Grand Wizard Nathan Forrest"

I can't believe this crap is going on in the 21st century. Even in the south.