GatewayPundit (Jim Hoft) Says Lara Logan Deserved To Be Assaulted

It's always a treat for us in the political-media business when conservatives admit their true feelings about an issue. In this case it is Jim Hoft, aka Gateway Pundit, a blogger who has been cited repeatedly by Fox News and whose work has been promoted by other conservative bloggers like Glenn Reynolds (Instapundit).

In case you haven't heard, CBS correspondent Lara Logan was attacked and sexually assaulted while covering the events in Egypt. Hoft explains to us "After Sexual Assault & Beating… CBS Reporter Logan Learns That Political Correctness Is a Killer." Hoft continues: "Why did this attractive blonde female reporter wander into Tahrir Square last Friday? Why would she think this was a good idea? Did she not see the violence in the square the last three weeks?"

In other words, Hoft is asserting that Logan deserved what she got because of her supposed liberal beliefs. What a sick person.

No wonder he's so supported by fellow conservatives. In Hoft's comments, you'll find other conservatives egging him on, explaining "What does it take to be a rising star reporter for CBS? An I.Q. of a tree stump?" and "We reap what we sow. I only wish it would have happened to Katie Couric."

Who is Hoft?
Breitbart Blogger Jim Hoft Doesn't Want Mubarak Supporters Blamed For Violence
Jim Hoft attacks Obama for visiting troops in Afghanistan
Jim Hoft: Dumbest Man on the Internet?