Jeh Johnson Is Pretty Stupid

Jeh Johnson, General Counsel for the Department of Defense, has made an ass of himself. He makes the ludicrous argument that Martin Luther King would support the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. What excrement.

Dr. King was who he was because he dedicated his life to the principle of non-violence. It was central to his character and his success. He was an outspoken opponent of war and violence. To pervert his message in this manner is inexcusable.

  • Zython

    Private institutions, such as churches, can set whatever rules they want.

    The government isn’t a private institution.

    Here is the text of the Constitution. Do a page search for marriage, and you will find nothing.

    Again, I got judicial precedent on my side supporting that marriage is protected by the 14th Amendment.

    Also known as democracy at work.

    So the majority should be allowed to define the rights of minorities? And you don’t have a problem with this?

    Inventing new meanings for written law is judicial activism

    Enforcing the Equal Protection Clause isn’t “inventing new meanings”.

  • fafaroo

    Because you know how to use a dictionary doesn’t necessarily mean you’re literate.

    That’s an untested canard!

  • http://olfroth.blogspot.com Ol Froth

    Private institutions, such as churches, can set whatever rules they want. Clothing manufacturers, also private institutions, can make whatever size clothes they want. They are not bound by the wants and desires of everyone. If you cannot understand this, you are a hopeless buffoon.

    And there is nothing requiring any church to recognize a same sex marriage just because the government recognizes it as a legal construct.

  • ciscoguy

    Well, except that there is

    Here is the text of the Constitution. Do a page search for marriage, and you will find nothing.
    http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

    Except that standard of liberty would be abhorrent in any other context
    Private institutions, such as churches, can set whatever rules they want. Clothing manufacturers, also private institutions, can make whatever size clothes they want. They are not bound by the wants and desires of everyone. If you cannot understand this, you are a hopeless buffoon.

    Ever heard of something called “tyranny of the majority”?
    Also known as democracy at work. Someone is always going to have a complaint about something. If you don’t like it, exercise your right to speak, assemble and petition, moron.

    The judiciary branch of the government is illegitimate? What Constitution have you been reading?
    Looks like we have another illiterate. You’ve got some company, froofroo! Inventing new meanings for written law is judicial activism – a favorite practice of liberal jurists. It is an illegitmate means of changing the law to your favor.

  • ciscoguy

    So now I’m illiterate and engaging in semantics
    Because you know how to use a dictionary doesn’t necessarily mean you’re literate. Brilliant.

  • Zython

    There is no language for any kind of marriage in the Constitution,

    Well, except that there is.

    Anyone can marry someone of another sex if they’re old enough – there is nothing discriminatory about that law.

    Except that standard of liberty would be abhorrent in any other context.

    They’ve got a vote, ballot box and free speech to persuade others if they want to get it changed, just like anyone else.

    Ever heard of something called “tyranny of the majority”?

    (the legitimate way, not through your legislating judicial activists)

    The judiciary branch of the government is illegitimate? What Constitution have you been reading?

    Were you born this stupid, or does it take practice?

  • fafaroo

    Thanks for confirming your illiteracy and love of anal retentive semantics.

    So now I’m illiterate and engaging in semantics.

    Brilliant.

  • http://olfroth.blogspot.com Ol Froth

    I feed it because its such an entertaining chewtoy.

    Cisco, I didn’t say, or even imply that abiogenesis is settled science. It is a hypothosis, and interesting one at that, with testable, replicable data. However, just because science today cannot posit an abiogenesis hypothosis that yet rises to the level of a theory, it doesn’t automatically follow that “goddidit.”

    I don’t have to think that its been tested either. That is an established fact, as the experiment has been run numerous times in numerous labs with similar results. Compare that with intelligent design which has no data to support it, predicts nothing, and is effectivly untestable. You also continue to confuse, either deliberatly or through ignorance, evolutionary theory (how organisms change over time) with abiogenesis (how life got started). They’re two different things.

  • ciscoguy

    By the way, go talk to Ol Fatty – he seems to think your hypothesis is tested science.

  • ciscoguy

    Okay. Thanks for confirming your illiteracy and love of anal retentive semantics.

  • fafaroo

    It is a canard because it is a theory with just as much in the way of test data to back it up as intelligent design.

    Okay. Thanks for confirming that you don’t care what words actually mean: Theories are not hypothesis are not canards.

  • ciscoguy

    It is a canard because it is a theory with just as much in the way of test data to back it up as intelligent design. Your trying to pass it off as settled science is a lie, a canard, much like another certain “scientific” theory you guys try to cram down our throats (paging al gore ). It has not been accurately tested.

  • LongHairedWeirdo

    Guys stop feeding it.

    Sorry, August – my last comment was intended purely as education for the reader. Lots of words get thrown around without people actually thinking about what they mean, and people end up picking up the wrong word by context.

    At the same time, you do have a point – treating people with even the tiniest bit of respect (by showing that their words are worthy of response) can encourage them to continue.

    I’ll also point out that I was once in a forum in which someone had to shame us all into realize that we were not dealing with a persistent, annoying troll, but a truly mentally ill individual. While this is not directed at ciscoguy, it is something that should be considered from time to time – sooner or later, truly mentally ill people *will* wander into forums, and while they can be annoying and disruptive, one should try to be tolerant. There comes a time where, even if you are just trolling the troll, you should consider whether there’s a chance, however minor, that you’re engaging in an act of cruelty.

  • http://frankdisalleisadummy.wordpress.com/ The Dark Avenger

    ciscoguy business plan:

    1. Fine canards.

    2. Test them.

    3. ?????

    4. Profit!

  • fafaroo

    froofroo, if religion is untested, how do you know it’s a canard?

    Ciscoguy, whatever my feelings about religion, I would never refer to it as an “untested canard.” I would either call it a canard or note that the existence of a god or many gods is unprovable or unproven.

    But that’s not what we’re talking about here.

    You’ve asserted that something can be both “untested” and a “canard.” Indeed, you bolded it and claimed the dictionary definitions of the words back you up.

    They don’t.

    A canard is a: “a false or baseless, usually derogatory story, report, or rumor.”

    Saying something is an “untested canard” is like saying something is an “unproven lie.” It’s a meaningless phrase because there’s no such thing as an “unproven lie.” Either something is a lie or it is not. Either a story is a canard or it is not or it’s veracity is unknown, in which case, it is not a canard.

    And as Ol Froth points out, you clearly don’t know what the word “untested” means either. The hypothesis of abiogenesis has been tested through experimentation.

    Abiogenesis has, in fact, been tested.

  • August J. Pollak

    Guys stop feeding it.

  • http://olfroth.blogspot.com Ol Froth

    While abiogenesis is an unconfirmed hypothosis, it isn’t untested.

    A canard is defined as a deliberately misleading fabrication. I don’t think you can logically claim that a hypothosis undergoing testing is automatically a canard. Perhaps you can posit a different testable hypothosis that does a better job of explaining the origin of life?

  • ciscoguy

    froofroo, if religion is untested, how do you know it’s a canard?

  • fafaroo

    Ciscoguy, if a claim is untested, how do you know it’s a canard?

  • fafaroo

    What a complete clown.

  • ciscoguy

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

    You guys are really getting desperate.

  • ciscoguy

    Actually, it was Dennis who first shared with me here his favorable impression of my noble spouse after finding her photos in my photostream,.

    That should have been your first lesson, and it still doesn’t do anything about your reality detachment problem.

  • ciscoguy

    Can’t be both “untested” and a “canard”. HTH.

    Yes it can – try a dictionary. HTH.

  • http://olfroth.blogspot.com Ol Froth

    Republicans stand for the rule of law

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

  • http://frankdisalleisadummy.wordpress.com/ The Dark Avenger

    DA, I think she looked better in the first picture. Seriously, she’s pretty busted. The fact you would go around advertising that picture like she’s hot speaks to your overall detachment from reality.</blockquote?

    Actually, it was Dennis who first shared with me here his favorable impression of my noble spouse after finding her photos in my photostream,.

    I'm going to ask the both of you to take it outside from now on and not try to drag me into these conservative squabbles.

  • LongHairedWeirdo

    That would be an untested canard. Next?

    Can’t be both “untested” and a “canard”. HTH.

  • ciscoguy

    its party platform that specifically calls for discrimination against homosexuals where marriage rights are concerned, just to name one type of discrimination supported by the GOP

    Your democrat president also claims to oppose same-sex marriage, and so does the black and latino democrat voting blocs, which is why prop8 went down in flames.

    Besides, Republicans stand for the rule of law. There is no language for any kind of marriage in the Constitution, but that doesn’t deter you leftists from pretending any such language exists. If political forces are great enough so that it is changed on a state level, so be it. If there’s enough political support to amend the constitution (the legitimate way, not through your legislating judicial activists) in favor of or against it, so be it.

    Anyone can marry someone of another sex if they’re old enough – there is nothing discriminatory about that law. Your problem that this is something homosexuals don’t want is not any more discriminatory than someone who wants to marry an object, perhaps his favorite armchair, or, say, 15 other wives. It all comes down to what you consider marriage to be. They’ve got a vote, ballot box and free speech to persuade others if they want to get it changed, just like anyone else.

  • ciscoguy

    That would be abiogenesis

    That would be an untested canard. Next?

  • ciscoguy

    Yet you can be sure that M M , Dennis, Saveferris, Cisco, or myself would never insult your wife.

    Frank, you’re wrong here, but only because DA was stupid enough to bring his wife into the conversation.

    DA, I think she looked better in the first picture. Seriously, she’s pretty busted. The fact you would go around advertising that picture like she’s hot speaks to your overall detachment from reality.

  • http://jarreauquasimedia.xanga.com/ jrfunkenstein

    ‘Something you would never do, right, J R ?’

    Unlike you Frank, I never claimed to be so sanctimonious.

  • http://frankdisalleisadummy.wordpress.com/ The Dark Avenger

    Yes, I am sure I will, as soon as stop making you say those things you say, typing those things you type, reducing all your so-called comments to so much vile trash. Yes, I’ll stop being a victim when, out of nowhere, after a hundred and something comments, where I had posted nothing, Randall “Pottymouth” Brown, says I must be in the drunk tank.

    Funny how Frank doesn’t like to explain how his own pottymouth is different from that of other commentators here, even when it is extensively documented with quotes and links from other threads on this website.

    I’ll stop being a victim when D A, who thinks that an onslaught of insults, curses and ridicule is simply “heat from the kitchen”

    Anyone with the emotional maturity of a ten-year old child could dish it out and take it, but you choose to stay here and play the WATB.

    Why is that?

    D A , that’s a great attitude you have about your wife: “What do I care what anyone says about her?” Or, are you saying that in the comfort of knowing that we are neither childish, animalistic, nor barbaric enough to do it?

    If you made a mannequin in her image, named it after her, and insulted it, would she have any grounds for complaint for any kind of real injury?

    Besides, I don’t worry about cowards like Dennis, who cowers and complains about Oliver from Gated Community, VA or ex-drunks who couldn’t say boo to a goose in real life without shitting their pants first.

    Have a good life, FDS, and keep acting like an entitled child, it makes conservatism seem more like Tiger Beat than Foreign Policy.

  • http://wetcasements.wordpress.com Jaim

    My god, Republicans are such fucking pussies.

  • http://rainbowmixradio.com Frank DiSalle

    Thank you, Jaim , for reproducing in microcosm what Gov Palin has gone through for the last week. “How dare she respond to being accused of being complicit in murder?”

    “Will I ever stop being a victim?”
    Yes, I am sure I will, as soon as stop making you say those things you say, typing those things you type, reducing all your so-called comments to so much vile trash. Yes, I’ll stop being a victim when, out of nowhere, after a hundred and something comments, where I had posted nothing, Randall “Pottymouth” Brown, says I must be in the drunk tank. I’ll stop being a victim, when you stop punctuating all your comments addressed to me with the non-word “fuckwit.” I’ll stop being a victim when D A, who thinks that an onslaught of insults, curses and ridicule is simply “heat from the kitchen” (God forbid it should ever occur to him that there might be something wrong with it) shuts down his blog dedicated to calling me a dummy.
    Shall I go on, describing when I will cease to be a victim?

    BTW, D A , that’s a great attitude you have about your wife: “What do I care what anyone says about her?” Or, are you saying that in the comfort of knowing that we are neither childish, animalistic, nor barbaric enough to do it?

    As usual, you have evaded the important truths to talk shit.

  • http://wetcasements.wordpress.com Jaim

    Frank, will you ever stop being a victim? America rewards those who help themselves. Give it a shot.

  • http://frankdisalleisadummy.wordpress.com/ The Dark Avenger

    The difference between you and me. Imagine what the response might be from Randy “Pottymouth” Brown , mambochicken, jaim, or even you if I posted a picture of my ex wife, or my children here.

    Lots of pity for innocents whose lives are intertwined with yours through no fault of their own, for your ex, ehhhhhhhhhh, she’s probably better off without you.

    Tonight I’ve demonstrated your own history of being “pottymouthed” on this website in this past, FDS.

    Hypocrite much?

    Yet you can be sure that M M , Dennis, Saveferris, Cisco, or myself would never insult your wife.

    Why would I give a flying fuck if some anonymous jerks did so, FDS?

    Yet I have people here wishing I would die, wishing I would get drunk (for me, the same thing, BTW), telling me my children hate me, calling me a faggot, a motherfucker, and many, many other things not quite as bad.

    “If you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.”

    Why is that, I wonder?

    I dunno, you seem to be so moderate in your remarks, like this one here:

    Then you can blame Beck, or Diebolt, or chads, or BP – or something, anything, but a one hundred and fifty year old failed ideology.

    http://www.oliverwillis.com/2010/07/30/arizona-judge-susan-bolton-gets-death-threats-after-immigration-ruling/#comment-239042

    I don’t want you to die, FDS.

    I want you to keep posting here demonstrate what a failed philosophy conservatism has become in the hands of foul-tempered, profanity-using fools such as yourself.

    Keep up the good work, FDS!

  • http://rainbowmixradio.com Frank DiSalle

    Something you would never do, right, J R ?

  • http://jarreauquasimedia.xanga.com/ jrfunkenstein

    ‘Yet you can be sure that M M , Dennis, Saveferris, Cisco, or myself would never insult your wife. ‘

    That’s right; you’re all far too busy insulting everyone else.

  • http://rainbowmixradio.com Frank DiSalle

    Here is my loverly spouse.
    There you have it, D A … The difference between you and me. Imagine what the response might be from Randy “Pottymouth” Brown , mambochicken, jaim, or even you if I posted a picture of my ex wife, or my children here.
    Yet you can be sure that M M , Dennis, Saveferris, Cisco, or myself would never insult your wife. Yet I have people here wishing I would die, wishing I would get drunk (for me, the same thing, BTW), telling me my children hate me, calling me a faggot, a motherfucker, and many, many other things not quite as bad.
    Why is that, I wonder?

    Just something for you to think about.

  • http://frankdisalleisadummy.wordpress.com/ The Dark Avenger

    Yes, you’re really an expert on Godwins’ Law, Frank Dumb Shit:

    Wow!
    Godwin’s Law ends the thread before the first comment!
    Te salute, Oliver…

    http://www.oliverwillis.com/2010/11/23/tea-party-mein-kampf-militia-a-match-made-in-heaven/#comment-272073

    As for potty mouthed:

    I think Mambo, Zython, Dark Avenger and Randy Brown each owe an apology. But not one of you has a hair on your punk asses, I expect nothing. There is nothing lower on this earth than a sniveling, cowardly liberal.

    Frank DiSalle, the punk ass expert of New Rochelle, NY.

  • http://rainbowmixradio.com Frank DiSalle

    Maybe there should be a Darwin’s Law, as well as a Godwin’s Law: When a thread that is not about Creationism or Darwinism becomes a thread about evolution, then the thread shall be considered to have imploded.
    BTW, Cisco’s Frank Derangement Syndrome describes D A and Randall “Pottymouth” Brown to a “T”, and to a lesser degree, Fafaroo.

  • http://olfroth.blogspot.com Ol Froth

    WOW! I go to Philadelphia for the weekend, and look at the fun that ensues! OK, late to the party but:

    Ok, so how do you get life from lifeless matter, Mr. Evolution?

    That would be abiogenesis, which is an entirely different topic. You can learn more about abiogenesis here, or do the google on your series of tubes.

  • Randy Brown

    D A is staring to remind me of that other loser that used to post here – I can’t remember his name, but he was constantly linking to all sorts of of irrelevant junk to make some trivial, juvenile point.

    I remember that loser, FDS. His name was…wait for it…Dennis!!

  • http://frankdisalleisadummy.wordpress.com/ The Dark Avenger

    I think he’s the one who got pissy if he was referred to as “FDS”.

  • http://rainbowmixradio.com Frank DiSalle

    D A is staring to remind me of that other loser that used to post here – I can’t remember his name, but he was constantly linking to all sorts of of irrelevant junk to make some trivial, juvenile point.

  • http://prodigal.livejournal.com Prodigal

    Seesco, I was laughing at your claim that the Republican party – which has a plank in its party platform that specifically calls for discrimination against homosexuals where marriage rights are concerned, just to name one type of discrimination supported by the GOP – doesn’t support any sort of discrimination. Your lie was hilarious.

  • http://frankdisalleisadummy.wordpress.com/ The Dark Avenger

    Don’t act like a little WATB now.

    No, I’ll leave that to you whenever you get butthurt the next time Ollie posts something about the Quitbull.

    Butthurt is that special feeling in your ass after it’s been kicked and/or fucked. It is a common ailment amongst losers on the internet. It is usually characterized by noisy whining and complaining after being pwnt or otherwise outdone in any minute and insignificant way.

    Just be thankful that if this were a just society, you’d never be allowed to call another person stupid again the rest of your life.

    You choose to be here today rather than spend time with your kids when they aren’t in classes, that also wouldn’t happen in a just society.

    Dennis Unmasked

    Have a good life, Dennis.

  • Dennis

    DA, you’re the one who went there. Don’t act like a little WATB now.

    Just be thankful that if this were a just society, you’d never be allowed to call another person stupid again the rest of your life.

  • http://frankdisalleisadummy.wordpress.com/ The Dark Avenger

    Gersh, Dennis, I made a mistake. That never happens to you?

    Here, one can see Mr. DiSalle, and Dennis having a meal together.

    Here is my loverly spouse.

  • fafaroo

    So because those evil insurance companies figured out a way to get around the FDA’s cost-based decision to prevent doctors from prescribing the drug to their policyholders, it’s like nothing ever happened?

    You’re evidence that it was a cost-based decision is what exactly?

    And the FDAs decision to revoke its approval of Avastin had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not insurance companies covered it as a benefit so there was nothing to get around. Ever.

    The FDA does not and cannot tell insurance companies what they can and cannot cover.

    You understand this right?

  • Dennis

    Not that it isn’t revealing enough that you place the link of the picture of your dogs before the one you thought was of her.

    The only way that post could’ve been stupider was if you placed the third picture you posted as the one for your wife instead of the first one.

    DA the Dupnik.

  • Dennis

    DA, you might want to check your second link before the Illocano Morgan Fairchild sees it and confirms her suspicions about just where your true affections lie.

    Just a friendly fyi.

  • http://frankdisalleisadummy.wordpress.com/ The Dark Avenger

    cicsopunchy, I have three Yorkies, you can see two of them here.

    This is my lovely wife, the Illocano Morgan Fairchild about whom even Dennis has deigned to say something nice about to me one time many moons ago.

    And this is what I think of you.

  • ciscoguy

    I’m starting to think FDS could also stand for Frank Derangement Syndrome.

  • ciscoguy

    Insults coming at me from a guy who wrote a whole blog about about FDS, a commenter on else’s blog, and whose profile picture is him sitting down with his toy dog. You’re a pretty cool guy, DA. Here’s to hoping you don’t have any kids.

  • Randy Brown

    “Valdmentsh”?

    Is that the unknown son of Lord Voldemort and Sibylle Trelawney?

    I could see those two being FDS’ parents…

  • http://frankdisalleisadummy.wordpress.com/ The Dark Avenger

    Trying to dialog with you is like trying to talk to a Magic 8-Ball, ciscoguy.]

    Keep it up and you’ll not only have Mr. DiSalle looking like the Venerable Bede, people are going to start to believe that Dennis graduated from high school as well.

  • ciscoguy

    So because those evil insurance companies figured out a way to get around the FDA’s cost-based decision to prevent doctors from prescribing the drug to their policyholders, it’s like nothing ever happened?

  • http://frankdisalleisadummy.wordpress.com/ The Dark Avenger

    Some of the Yiddish words were spelled correctly Mr. DiSalle, but it’s wonderful that reading that article by Norman gave you an insight in American Judaism that the rest of us don’t recognize as a depiction of reality.

  • http://rainbowmixradio.com Frank DiSalle

    Poorly spelled Yiddish does not an Israeli supporter make.

    As for the chicken hawk accusation , Timmmaaaaaaaaaayyyy, you’re knocking on the wrong door. I have actually been in a combat zone, unlike all the other bullsh*t artists around here. I took my all expenses paid vacation in SE Asia in 1969.

    So get lost, ya momzers!

  • fafaroo

    Oh hey look:

    Jan. 10 (Bloomberg) — A decision by WellPoint Inc. and other insurers to keep paying for Avastin in breast cancer may help Roche Holding AG avoid a $1 billion drop in sales after U.S. regulators said the drug doesn’t treat the disease.

    WellPoint, UnitedHealth Group Inc., Aetna Inc. and Humana Inc. say they’ll keep covering Avastin based on a recommendation by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. The nonprofit alliance of oncologists, some of whom have disclosed financial ties to Roche, says it plans to keep recommending use of Avastin in breast cancer based on the current data.

    “Avastin won’t take the kind of hit that people have been expecting,” said Carri Duncan, an analyst at Macquarie Group in Zurich, Switzerland, in a telephone interview last week. “The drug was already being used off-label before approval for breast cancer and in the end — if insurers continue to pay for it — it’s the oncologists who will decide whether to use the drug.”

    http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-01-10/insurers-back-roche-s-avastin-even-as-fda-says-it-doesn-t-work.html

  • http://frankdisalleisadummy.wordpress.com/ The Dark Avenger

    Don’t be a putz, Mr. DiSalle, demonstrate that you’re a mentsh and neither a mayzl or a valdmentsh for a change around here.

  • fafaroo

    Were you lying or just being your normal buffonish self?

    Cisco, please explain how the FDAs revocation of approval for Avastin in treating breast cancer has something to do with what benefits insurance companies decide to cover under health care reform. Please keep in mind that:

    1)

    Doctors can still prescribe Avastin, since it retains its approval for four other cancers including colon and lung cancer, said Dr. Pazdur. Some insurers have said they won’t cover it for new breast cancer patients.

    http://www.focr.org/the-wall-street-journal-regulator-defends-avastin-decision.html

    2) An insurance company’s decision to cover or not cover anything above and beyond the minumum required benefits under HCR, including Avastin for breast cancer, is entirely up to the insurance company. The FDA is not telling insurance companies that they cannot cover Avastin for breast cancer.

  • timmy

    Frank,
    Uncle Normie told you that Jews (by voting 75% democratic) are mishegoss, ya zhlub.

    Why the hell are you spending your time here, meshuggina nebbish? Why not go find a schlemiel shtetl to shlep your Podhoretz narrishkeit around in. I dare you. Or are you chicken(hawk)? Do it for the children!

    And take pisher with you.

  • tim

    Approval for use of Avastin for Breast Cancer was revoked by the FDA because they thought it wasn’t effective, and had too many serious side effects (heart attack, stroke, brain swelling, holes in the intestine). They did not ban it, as it is still considered beneficial for other types of cancer, and in fact physicians can still prescribe it for breast cancer at their own discretion (ie off label).

    Now, whether an insurance company covers this drug for this use, is up to the insurance company.

    Should ignore, I know, but couldn’t let that bit of misinformation stand.

  • ciscoguy

    correction: very single democrat but one was for it…Barbara or Sheila Lee, if I recall.

  • ciscoguy

    American Jews largely don’t really concern themselves about Israel, or they’ve convinced themselves that their liberal pols can sweet talk surrounding hostile nations out of vaporizing them. For some reason, I guess they think a day won’t come when some jihadi will have his finger on the button and won’t be so concerned with mutually assured destruction. There are some ones, however – Krauthammer, Mark Levin, Jonah Goldberg, Bernie Goldberg, to name a few.

    Ah, Racist Randy Brown, back again? What’s that you got – a Compost article? Gee, I’m reading it, and it’s almost like they’re…giving one side of the story. Nahhh, you’re telling me that left-wing print blog is only telling it one way? I tell you what, come talk to me about “integration” when we start breaking up some of these gerrymandered exclusive race-based congressional districts. You know what I’m talking about Alcee Hastings, Luis Gutierrez? What is this, 1960?

    Ok, Thad, for arguments sake, let’s do say MLK is alive and aligns himself with with the “Exalted Cyclops” and Reverend “Gawd Damn America!”. Your premise that he is anti-war I would presume to mean he is against unjust wars and not wars period (ie, did he ever speak out about our involvement in WWII?). When we deposed Saddam, every single democrat but one was against it, and you’re certain he would have stood with her? I would argue that anyone who would compromise his integrity enough to stand shoulder to shoulder with Al Sharpton wouldn’t have the intestinal fortitude to buck the prevailing sentiment and oppose the Iraq War for the sake of his anti-war principles.

    Federal rules will not prohibit any insurance company from covering anything beyond the minimum.
    Were you lying or just being your normal buffonish self?

  • http://rainbowmixradio.com Frank DiSalle

    Timmy, that question has been asked and asked with many obviously variant answers since at least 1972, that I recall.
    I guess you thought when you saw the title of that article that you had found a conservative who was going to make me look foolish by tell me exactly why Jews are liberals.
    Except for one thing: I know what Commentary magazine is, and I know who Norman Podhoretz is. You should have read the entire article:

    Surely, then, we Jews ought to be joining with its defenders against those who are blind or indifferent or antagonistic to the philosophical principles, the moral values, and the socioeconomic institutions on whose health and vitality the traditional American system depends…
    Because of all this [Obama's platform], I hoped that my fellow Jews would finally break free of the liberalism to which they have remained in thrall long past the point where it has served either their interests or their ideals.
    … I am hoping against hope that the exposure of Mr. Obama as a false messiah will at last open the eyes of my fellow Jews to the correlative falsity of the political creed he so perfectly personifies and to which they have for so long been so misguidedly loyal [emphasis added].

    That creed, IMHO includes, among other things, the following:A misguided sympathy for Muslims; and an antipathy towards Israel.

  • Randy Brown

    “Discuss,” Tim? You serious? These thugs can deflect and dissemble, but NEVER discuss.

  • timmy

    There are many people in Seattle who opposed the Iraq war, and King county was renamed after MLK. Therefore MLK would have been an anti-semite.

    But this begs the question, Why Are Jews Liberals?

    Frank and cisco, discuss.

  • http://www.corporate-sellout.com/ Thad

    You make a good point, Frank. The only reason to oppose the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is because you hate Jews.

  • Randy Brown

    “How dry I am…” *hic*

  • http://rainbowmixradio.com Frank DiSalle

    Brown, you feces flinging bag lady … I knew it wouldn’t be too long before you would be walking in here on your knuckles.

    If I may weigh in on the subject, I think Johnson is doing what hundreds, if not thousands, of politicians have tried to do before him: He is trying to make the case for his pet project by trying to anchor it to a famous, well – respected historical figure.

    There is no doubt in my mind that Dr King would be a liberal today – Jesse Jackson is, Al Sharpton is, Andrew Young is. The list could go on and on. Whereas he might find these two ongoing wars a little less repugnant because of the loss of racism as an issue due to the existence of an all volunteer force, he would probably still share the anti-semitism that so permeates liberalism, and which has made such great inroads into the black community because of its Palestinian backing leadership, and thus, find himself in opposition to any war where Muslims were killed.

    I am sure the charge of antisemitism will bring out the worst in the lefties, as will implying that many blacks are antisemitic. But, that’s the way it is, and it is what it is.

  • Randy Brown

    Gus, like I said, I think this guy is pinch-hitting for Frances DeSade, who’s seems to be spending the weekend in the drunk tank.

  • August J. Pollak

    Guys, you’re being trolled. And you’re being trolled likely by someone either a lot younger than you or at the very least a lot less mature. Let it go.

  • Quaker in a Basement

    Let’s not forget the federal government is going to be dictating to the private insurers what they can cover and what they can’t.

    Straight out false! The ACA will determine the minimum coverage that can be sold on federally-backed health care exchanges. Federal rules will not prohibit any insurance company from covering anything beyond the minimum.

  • http://www.corporate-sellout.com/ Thad

    I’ll admit I haven’t read the entire 140-odd post thread, but hey Cisco, let’s for the sake of argument assume you’re right and Dr. King WOULD be a Republican if he were alive today, because of course he wouldn’t want to be part of the same party as anti-civil rights racists like Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms.

    How, exactly, does that translate into meaning he would be pro-war?

    Google the phrase “Beyond Vietnam”, give the speech a read, and tell me how you think Dr. King would have come to believe the exact opposite of everything he said in it.

  • zadura

    Reading ciscoguy, it’s hard not to make a connection between schizophrenia and conservatism. The question for me is whether it draws the crazies in or whether they were there all along.

  • Randy Brown

    ciscogurl once said:

    Republicans still stand against per se discrimination in any form [...]

    Oops.

  • ciscoguy

    Ok, LHW might be a little more imbalanced than you. I think he’s just writing down conversations he’s having with himself.

  • ciscoguy

    Of course the LOGICAL answer must be some form of omniscient creature living in an ethereal netherworld sitting in eternal condemnation of all things human; who couldn’t buy into that reasonable argument?
    Translation: you have no idea.

    You’re not officially on auto-ignore.
    Something tells me you had it right the first time. Please, do ignore me. The are a couple of people around here marginally less infantile and idiotic than you, so I will direct my efforts in their direction.

  • http://sonic.net/~ckelly/Seekay/index.htm Repack Rider

    I think evolution exists on a macro level, but the unanswered questions leaves me open to intelligent design.

    That tells you everything you need to know about the poster’s regard for facts and evidence. It’s why I don’t bother to engage him.

  • August J. Pollak

    And you wonder why we call you moonbats.

    Well only because I don’t understand how you just discovered a word that stopped being popular about six years ago when most people realized that insults aren’t really effective when you have to Google them to explain to someone that you just insulted them. ciscoguy you’re a snickerdoodle. That’s right I went there.

  • timmy

    DeLay is innocent because Obama is guilty.
    Liberals are “x” because they’re all Marxists.
    Every non-conservative poster deserves childish namecalling.

    He’s obviously mentally ill and completely unaware of it.
    The next stage in conservative evolution? Perhaps.

    But one has to draw the line somewhere…
    But then, it’s not my blog.

  • LongHairedWeirdo

    Ok, so how do you get life from lifeless matter, Mr. Evolution? Let’s start with that inconvenient reality.

    Yeah. Thermodynamics, bitches! Life couldn’t evolve on the earth as a closed system! ENTROPY ALWAYS INCREASES!

    For life to “evolve” on the earth, you’d have to have an outside energy source – and for the time frame you’re positing, it would have to be… umm… lemmee see – yeah! A giant *FUSION REACTOR*. But it’d have to be some 90-to-100 million miles away to get the temperature just right.

    And that’s just ludicrous!

  • LongHairedWeirdo

    Oh, no, a guy who thinks “global warming” means “it’s never going to snow in North America ever again!” thinks I’m strange! How will I ever live this down?

    And… and he thinks I’m *incoherent*! Oh, the shame… all this time, I thought I was intelligent and articulate, but some bozo who is completely disconnected from reality said I’m making “less sense than (my) normal incoherent self” and now I’ve been forced to question that!

    (Hey, I managed to type that with a straight face. Not bad.)

    Ciscoguy – you *are* surprisingly full of yourself. I guess that’s why you’re so empty of meaning.

  • http://jarreauquasimedia.xanga.com/ jrfunkenstein

    You’re NOW officially on auto-ignore.

  • http://jarreauquasimedia.xanga.com/ jrfunkenstein

    ‘Keep dreaming, moonbat. ‘

    The volume of jackass commentary you’ve provided on this one thread alone, though not surprising in the slightest, disqualifies you from passing judgment on anyone’s cognitive abilities.

    ‘Ok, so how do you get life from lifeless matter, Mr. Evolution? Let’s start with that inconvenient reality.’

    Of course the LOGICAL answer must be some form of omniscient creature living in an ethereal netherworld sitting in eternal condemnation of all things human; who couldn’t buy into that reasonable argument?

    ‘You are an irrational person, so this statement actually makes sense.’

    Uh huh; and let us know when Elvis gets here.

    You’re not officially on auto-ignore.

  • http://www.savagevenus.net Todd B.

    Not a whole lot has changed, really. Republicans still stand against per se discrimination in any form, whereas Democrats use it for political gain.

    Not that you had a lot of credibility before but.. what?

    The Republican party ran on a platform of discrimination in the 2004 elections.

    I bet you think Dick Cheney is the greatest thing in the world too, huh?

  • ciscoguy

    Weirdo,

    So exactly how much weed did you smoke this morning before you got on your computer? You’re making even less sense than your normal incoherent self.

  • LongHairedWeirdo

    If your insurance company denies coverage for a needed treatment, you can sue them. This happens all the time – a friend of mine did recently. If some shadowy government death – sorry advisory – panel decides a treatment is “no good” (ie, costs outweigh the benefit, in their opinion), tell me how you sue them.

    Nod. And remember folks: in FantasyLand, dying folks never generate sympathy or outrage. Politicians will receive their frantic phone calls asking about the appeals process and say “mwah-hah-hah! TOO LATE! You let us implement *HEALTH CARE REFORM*!”

    Everyone will cease to care about their friends and family members; letter (well, e-mail…) writing campaigns will evaporate; the internet will cease to exist; and the DemocRATS will pass a law forbidding cute cat pictures with funny captions.

    All the meantime chortling that those fools believe that there might be a world-wide average increase in global temperature of a few degrees Celsius when *IT STILL SNOWS IN NORTH AMERICA*! You have no chance to survive, make your time! HA HA HA HA!

  • ciscoguy

    This from the guy who claims MLK was a registered Republican
    That is a statement in fact.

    and the southern democrats left the Democratic party because the Republican party gave them any number of other reasons to vote Republican
    Also true. Unlike the democrat party, republicans never had a segregation platform.

    and that this is somehow proof that the current Democratic party, after purging it’s racist members, is now more racist.
    It’s the home of black racists/opportunists and anti-Semites now – Rev. Wright, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrakhan, Helen Thomas, Jimmy Carter…on and on.

    ROFLMAO! What a clown.
    OMG OMG!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!loser

  • tim

    You are just trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

    awesome, just awesome. This from the guy who claims MLK was a registered Republican, and the southern democrats left the Democratic party because the Republican party gave them any number of other reasons to vote Republican, and that this is somehow proof that the current Democratic party, after purging it’s racist members, is now more racist.

  • fafaroo

    ROFLMAO! What a clown.

  • ciscoguy

    That’s a little different from “I can’t sue Obama.” But you knew that didn’t you?
    Figure of speech, moron.

  • ciscoguy

    Let’s also remember that Health Care Reform is based entirely on a private insurance market.
    Let’s not forget the federal government is going to be dictating to the private insurers what they can cover and what they can’t. You’re just trying to argue the “theory” that you can sue the government, yes you can. Certainly, there are plenty of Obamacare suits working their way through the system now. What you’re trying to argue is equally plausibility and difficulty of suing the government over suing a private company, but it’s simply not true. You are just trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

  • fafaroo

    It is extraordinarily difficult compared to suing private companies.

    That’s a little different from “I can’t sue Obama.” But you knew that didn’t you?

    Hack.

  • ciscoguy

    About the same as the reaction to the one about Dumbya
    Keep dreaming, moonbat. It would be armageddon – wall to wall coverage on the alphabet soup newscasts. They tried to pin the acts of a deranged gunman on Sarah Palin – you think they’d let this one get by them?
    That’s like saying “I believe in gravity because I suspect God is holding everything in place.”
    Ok, so how do you get life from lifeless matter, Mr. Evolution? Let’s start with that inconvenient reality.
    For some reason that represents a monumental lack of rational thought.
    You are an irrational person, so this statement actually makes sense.
    Actually, you can sue the government
    It is extraordinarily difficult compared to suing private companies.

  • fafaroo

    If some shadowy government death – sorry advisory – panel decides a treatment is “no good” (ie, costs outweigh the benefit, in their opinion), tell me how you sue them.

    In court. With a lawyer. These things aren’t that hard ciscoguy. There’s a little thing called the Federal Tort Claims Act that, since it was passed in 1946, which: “permits private parties to sue the United States in a federal court for most torts committed by persons acting on behalf of the United States. The FTCA constitutes a limited waiver of sovereign immunity.”

    In the case of medical malpractice, people file lawsuits against the Veteran Administration and federally funded hospitals all the time and win. For example:

    Attorneys say a Lake County family has won a $29.1 million verdict in a medical malpractice lawsuit brought against the federal government.

    The verdict benefits Christian Arroyo of Gurnee a 6-year-old boy who suffered brain damage at birth and now is a quadriplegic with cerebral palsy. He was delivered in May 2003 at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.

    The family’s attorney, David Pritchard, says the lawsuit was brought in federal court against the U.S. government because the doctors in the case worked for a federally funded clinic.

    The case was filed under the Federal Tort Claims Act, which allows people to sue the federal government but requires a bench trial without a jury.

    U.S. District Judge Amy St. Eve handed down the verdict Friday.
    http://archive.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/04/gurnee-family-wins-291m-in-medical-malpractice-suit.html

    Let’s also remember that Health Care Reform is based entirely on a private insurance market. The government will not be providing health insurance to anyone, except via the traditional means already in place for decades such as medicare. Health care reform provides subsidies and exchanges to allow people to buy private insurance. Under HCR, you would also be able to sue your private insurance company.

    So thank you again for regurgitating yet another utterly wrong conservative talking point in this thread. You’re really run the gamut here.

    Idiot.

  • ciscoguy

    At least until the Republicans pass tort reform.

    I just got a summons last week for $250,000 for a car accident that the police report said the other guy caused, where the nurses at the hospital said he got checked out and was fine. The “Complaint in Tort” says he sustained $7500 in personal damages, that I evidently was distracted by an electronic device (news to me and also not in the police report), yet is suing for an additional $242,500. Geico is handling it for me. There is plenty of room for tort reform without preventing people from bringing legitimate suits.

    But seriously, how are you gonna pay for the lawyer when you’re suddenly scouring the couch cushions to pay your medical bills? How long is this suit gonna take – will you get the settlement in time?

    Many lawyers will work for free, especially if you have a legitimate case. They will usually be settled before court. Obamacare has already raised health care premiums, so if you’re running out of money in your couch, you voted for him – your fault.

  • tim

    Actually, you can sue the government.

    There are limitations, and I’m no lawyer, but it seems that you could sue for denial of a medical procedure:

    Under the express terms of 28 U.S.C. § 1346(b), the United States is liable for injury or loss of property or personal injury or death caused by the negligent or wrongful act or omission of any employee of the government while acting within the scope of his office or employment, under circumstances where the United States, if a private person, would be liable to the claimant in accordance with the law of the place where the act or omission occurred.

  • http://jarreauquasimedia.xanga.com/ jrfunkenstein

    ‘For some reason, it seems a little less far-fetched to me that an American president would enable jihadis to kill 3,000 people on their way to work than for a serial liar from Chicago to have figured out a way to forge and conceal a birth certificate.’

    For some reason that represents a monumental lack of rational thought.

  • http://jarreauquasimedia.xanga.com/ jrfunkenstein

    ‘I think evolution exists on a macro level, but the unanswered questions leaves me open to intelligent design.’

    And there you have it folks, a belief in scientific fact tempered with religious mythology.

    That’s like saying “I believe in gravity because I suspect God is holding everything in place.”

    No wonder GOP candidates refuse to acknowledge evolution, it would completely alienate them from their supporters who can’t accept reality.

  • http://jarreauquasimedia.xanga.com/ jrfunkenstein

    ‘Nevermind beatification. What do you think would be the public reaction to a movie made about assassinating Obama, like the one made about GWB?’

    About the same as the reaction to the one about Dumbya, though I doubt ‘leftists’ would immediately charge that a film represents evidence of a Right wing conspiracy, as you opined.

  • ciscoguy

    Explain please.

    If your insurance company denies coverage for a needed treatment, you can sue them. This happens all the time – a friend of mine did recently. If some shadowy government death – sorry advisory – panel decides a treatment is “no good” (ie, costs outweigh the benefit, in their opinion), tell me how you sue them.

    Most liberals are definitely more right brained.

    Which is why you guys try to solve complex problems with hope and change. The result? 9.4% unemployment, a home foreclosure crisis, and 14 tril in debt.

  • tim

    I can sue an insurance company.

    At least until the Republicans pass tort reform.

    But seriously, how are you gonna pay for the lawyer when you’re suddenly scouring the couch cushions to pay your medical bills? How long is this suit gonna take – will you get the settlement in time?

  • fafaroo

    I can sue an insurance company. I can’t sue Obama.

    Explain please.

  • timmy

    Maybe it’s a left brain recursive loop thing? Dr. Jill Taylor is right. Angry tribalism exists in the left brain and loops round and round. Most liberals are definitely more right brained.

    Time for some right brain relaxation…

  • ciscoguy

    Janus, LBJ was a notorious racist who dropped n bombs like they were common punctuation. It was attributed to him in that book, but you’re going to call it a lie based on some review of someone who didn’t like it?

    Can’t say I’m surprised you didn’t take me up on my offer, weirdo. How about giving me something I can observe over some period of time to either call your climate theory nonsense or not.

    I can sue an insurance company. I can’t sue Obama.

  • Enlightened Liberal

    If you think that’s horrible, then you’re essentially demanding that the government pay for any treatment, no matter what cost, and no matter whether it’s been shown to help, hurt, or do nothing. Which is ridiculous.

    But his ilk argue that the private insurance company should be able to refuse any treatment, at any time, for any reason, and not cover routine preventative care.

  • Janus Daniels

    ciscoguy linked to a “credible source” for irrelevant quote; I used the link:
    “… tabloid-sounding account… aimed very low, armed with “inside information” provided by presidential aides, servants, staff members and Secret Service agents that has the ring of backstairs gossip…”
    Remember, this is his own link to his own “credible source”!
    Why do any of you waste your time on this drivel?
    Why feed trolls?
    Granted, you made some good points, and I enjoyed reading some of you but, you’ve addressed them to one who has shown neither the intellectual capacity nor the emotional maturity to deserve you; quite the opposite.
    Find better things to do.
    Granted, you might need time to find some, perhaps more than a second.
    My good deed for the night is done.

  • LongHairedWeirdo

    At the current rate, how long do we have before winters are warm enough that we can never expect snowfall in North America again? Let’s get you and your “theory” on record right now.

    You just can’t argue with statements like that. They’re so completely disconnected from both global warming theory, and from reality, that you can’t argue with them.

    How’s that old quote go?

    “That’s not right. That… that’s not even *wrong*!”

    Okay. So, totally froot-loops. Check.

    Let me see if I’ve got this right. You want medicare to pay for any treatment, regardless of expense, and, most importantly, after it’s proven that it doesn’t work?

    What is “good” and what is “not good” is subjective. Something that may extend your life 6 months might be considered a “non-working” treatment by the advisory (death) panel but may be considered worthwhile to the patient and doctor.

    The panel doesn’t have the authority to *refuse* the treatment; it has the authority to refuse *payment*. The patient can still get the treatment, if they can find a way to pay for it.

    If you think that’s horrible, then you’re essentially demanding that the government pay for any treatment, no matter what cost, and no matter whether it’s been shown to help, hurt, or do nothing. Which is ridiculous. But you’ll probably find some froot-loop way to argue, because you’re the kind of person who thinks global warming means “no snow in North America, ever”.

    (Hint: when John Stewart pretended Gore said that, *IT WAS A JOKE*!)

  • ciscoguy

    …little more far-fetched…

    There, got that fixed up. See, even I’m not perfect (pretty close though).

  • ciscoguy

    He won’t respond to direct questions.

    Near as I can tell, I’ve answered all of your questions. I’m sorry if I haven’t been giving you enough attention – you’re not the only inquisitive moonbat around here. Just keep them short and to the point.

  • ciscoguy

    Conservatives believe we cannot have too much competition and damn the consequences. Liberals (and the few remaining paleocons) see all the consequences.

    No, negative consequences to you is if an idea works for all but a few. Then, you scrap the plan for something else and make life miserable for 300 million.

    $787B was in tax cuts and incentives.

    Yeah, go figure – $15 bucks in your paycheck and some little tax breaks if you do some stupid feel-good “green” initiatives. Can’t believe that didn’t work, eh? Not like that cash-for-clunkers economic adrenaline shot.

    “Global warming: I say we do nothing and see whose grandkids curse whose grandparents. You trust the oil puppets and I’ll trust Al Gores scientists. (oh crap, I gave it all away… Oliver please delete that before Mr. Soros finds out!)

    Deal. My catalytic converter free AWD turbo may be our last best hope against the next sunspot – you never know.

    I’m unaware of democratic truthers in congress. But here’s a list of birthers/birther enablers in congress. Have fun.

    For some reason, it seems a little less far-fetched to me that an American president would enable jihadis to kill 3,000 people on their way to work than for a serial liar from Chicago to have figured out a way to forge and conceal a birth certificate. His fluency with lying should make me a birther by default, but the evidence in this case makes that a difficult proposition. If he ever says he was born in Kenya, then I will be 100% certain he was actually born in Hawaii.

    the Founding Fathers were liberals.

    The Founding Fathers were CLASSIC liberals. Look it up – the difference is legion.

    Actually, I’m open to intelligent design if it’s happening everywhere all the time – at a higher dimension where time concurrent engineering might be possible. But good luck proving such a concept, let alone understanding it.

    I think evolution exists on a macro level, but the unanswered questions leaves me open to intelligent design. I tend to respect theists more because at least they admit their answers aren’t provable, unlike many of the cretins around here.

  • timmy

    assclown? But he’s doing The Lords Work! Fishers of men using shotguns anall.

  • http://wetcasements.wordpress.com Jaim

    It’s not the insulting so much as the attempt to dominate a given thread through sheer number of comments. Ciscoguy isn’t even pretending that he’s here to engage in discourse. He won’t respond to direct questions. He’s just stroking his tiny little internet hard-on with talking points we could all find easily for ourselves over at Free Republic.

    I’m a fan of salty language myself, at times. But this is getting pretty ridiculous. It was bad enough when Stalker Dennis would post half the comments in a given thread, now we’re up to — what? — 60-70 percent from this assclown?

  • ciscoguy

    Seriously Oliver, you made it a rule that nobody was allowed to insult people in these discussions, this thread has gotten pretty out of control.

    Give me a break. This is oliverwillis.com – he’s happy to have the traffic. Besides, who has a “like kryptonite to stupid” tag line and expects civil discourse? It should be “stupid magnet” with all you certifiables hanging out around here.

  • ciscoguy

    So you believe in evolution or what?To an extent but definitely not in your case.

  • timmy

    Seriously Oliver, you made it a rule that nobody was allowed to insult people in these discussions, this thread has gotten pretty out of control.

    If you’re gonna have conservative trolls, you’re gonna have insults. Jesus wouldn’t have it any other way.

  • ciscoguy

    Climate models *are* making successful predictions; your lack of education about those models (or the success of their predictions) is not anyone’s problem but your own.

    At the current rate, how long do we have before winters are warm enough that we can never expect snowfall in North America again? Let’s get you and your “theory” on record right now.

    Let me see if I’ve got this right. You want medicare to pay for any treatment, regardless of expense, and, most importantly, after it’s proven that it doesn’t work?

    What is “good” and what is “not good” is subjective. Something that may extend your life 6 months might be considered a “non-working” treatment by the advisory (death) panel but may be considered worthwhile to the patient and doctor.

    You know why the Democratic Party is supported by American blacks in overwhelming numbers?

    Because our first black president is black.

    That’s right, moron. 2008 was the first time blacks supported Democrats because a black man was on the presidential ticket.

    But please, keep telling blacks that they’re stupid for voting Dem. Seriously. That’s such a great strategy for you guys. I mean, look at how many women, hispanics, and gays are jumping into the teabagger cesspool these days.

    I don’t need to – many of them are starting to wise up on their own. This past election, we sent 2 black Tea Party Republicans to congress, a hispanic to the senate from Florida, a female hispanic as governor of New Mexico and an Indian female governor of South Carolina. Kay Bailout Hutchinson just announced her retirement, so it appears we’ll be sending a black, rock-ribbed conservative US Senator from Texas in the outstanding Michael Williams. It’s almost like we’re building a 21st century Underground Railroad for minorities out of the Democrat Party. Exciting times!

    Ohhh…you’re insane.

    To the eyes of a madman, I see how it can appear that way.

    ‘Leftists’ now includes anyone who doesn’t want to beatify Dumbya?

    Nevermind beatification. What do you think would be the public reaction to a movie made about assassinating Obama, like the one made about GWB?

  • timmy

    More about Van Jones the “truther”. Disregard if it might make your head explode.

    http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/09/controversial-obama-administration-official-denies-being-part-of-911-truther-movement-apologizes-for.html

    We liberals are interested in “the rest of the story”.

  • rat_bastard

    Seriously Oliver, you made it a rule that nobody was allowed to insult people in these discussions, this thread has gotten pretty out of control.

  • timmy

    neanderthals

    So you believe in evolution or what?

  • timmy

    Competition helps everybody’s quality of life. And you wonder why we call you moonbats.
    Actually, we don’t. You call us names because Jesus told you to smack the other cheek. Conservatives believe we cannot have too much competition and damn the consequences. Liberals (and the few remaining paleocons) see all the consequences.

    Keynes: Name developed countries which do/did not use Keynes and has succeeded in beating the current worldwide recession. (No cheating by using oil rich nations.) I know of a few that did. Reagan himself used Keynes. And try not to forget that a third of your $787B was in tax cuts and incentives.

    Global warming: I say we do nothing and see whose grandkids curse whose grandparents. You trust the oil puppets and I’ll trust Al Gores scientists. (oh crap, I gave it all away… Oliver please delete that before Mr. Soros finds out!)

    A “truther” is a 911 conspiracy theorist. Van Jones was a green Jobs Czar. I’m unaware of democratic truthers in congress. But here’s a list of birthers/birther enablers in congress. Have fun.
    http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2009/07/28/birther_enablers

    proof positive executive credentials don’t matter to half the population
    You may have actually said something that is somewhat accurate. Balthasar Gracian’s foolish masses? But must they all be liberals? The Founding Fathers were liberals. I dare ask, could this be one reason we need government checks and balances against concentrations of power, at least until humans um, “evolve”? No wait, this is not possible in conservative land.

    Actually, I’m open to intelligent design if it’s happening everywhere all the time – at a higher dimension where time concurrent engineering might be possible. But good luck proving such a concept, let alone understanding it.

  • http://wetcasements.wordpress.com Jaim

    Hey Oliver, you are magnanimous and open-minded as ever when it comes to allowing trolls in your forums, but how about a cap on number of times a day or per thread a person can take a dump comment?

    It’s obvious that a certain someone isn’t here to debate in good faith.

    Your blog obviously, just a suggestion.

  • http://jarreauquasimedia.xanga.com/ jrfunkenstein

    ‘Funny how you leftists make a movie about assassinating Bush,’

    ‘Leftists’ now includes anyone who doesn’t want to beatify Dumbya?

    You should really just lie down for awhile.

  • http://jarreauquasimedia.xanga.com/ jrfunkenstein

    ‘When you change the name to the more suitable Socialist-Fascist Party, I will it by its proper name.’

    Ohhh…you’re insane.

    That explains it.

  • http://jarreauquasimedia.xanga.com/ jrfunkenstein

    ‘Republicans still stand against per se discrimination in any form, whereas Democrats use it for political gain.’

    Right, as evidenced by a Black Democratic President for whom millions of Right wing supporters continue to call a foreign born Muslim.

  • http://wetcasements.wordpress.com Jaim

    You know why the Democratic Party is supported by American blacks in overwhelming numbers?

    Because our first black president is black.

    But please, keep telling blacks that they’re stupid for voting Dem. Seriously. That’s such a great strategy for you guys. I mean, look at how many women, hispanics, and gays are jumping into the teabagger cesspool these days.

    VICTORY!

  • LongHairedWeirdo

    I’ve got an idea. How about some of you warmers give us some concrete, ironclad predictions based on your “models” ahead of time.

    So, Ciscoguy thinks science is all phony because you have to wait for data before knowing what it will be.

    Climate models *are* making successful predictions; your lack of education about those models (or the success of their predictions) is not anyone’s problem but your own.

    As far as “death panels”, I’ve become dubious of the idea once that reactionary Paul Krugman wrote that they’re real:

    “The advisory panel which has the ability to make more or less binding judgments on saying this particular expensive treatment actually doesn’t do any good medically and so we are not going to pay for it. That is actually going to save quite a lot of money. We don’t know how much yet. The CBO gives it very little credit but, but most, most of the health care economists I talk to think that’s going be a really, uh a really major cost saving.”

    Let me see if I’ve got this right. You want medicare to pay for any treatment, regardless of expense, and, most importantly, after it’s proven that it doesn’t work?

    I think it’s quite rational to say “no, if you want that expensive treatment that *does not work*, you have to pay for it yourself.” Expecting the government to subsidize non-working treatments isn’t a good idea from a free market perspective.

  • ciscoguy

    Seems like the resident neanderthals are running out of talking points.

  • ciscoguy

    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    That’s right – celebrate in your stupidity. What the hell, it’s Friday.

  • http://frankdisalleisadummy.wordpress.com/ The Dark Avenger

    Written Logorrhoea.

  • zadura

    We used to call this diarrhea of the mouth when spoken. What is it when typed?

  • http://prodigal.livejournal.com Prodigal

    Republicans still stand against per se discrimination in any form…

    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

  • ciscoguy

    IMO we’ve always had “globalization” but have now capitulated to it but. Hopefully if a global wage race to the bottom is inevitable somebody’s gonna be policing all the American hoovervilles. Maybe without taxpayer funds the Minutemen Militia will volunteer?

    On the one hand, democrats want every American to get his PhD (fiancnced by Uncle Sam, naturally). On the other, they want him to work in a factory for $35/hour with full benefits and collectively bargained pension, manufacturing a product the Chinese are making them for 1/20 the cost. You guys like to pretend as if $40 American tee-shirts off the rack at Walmart really help the little guy or luxury items like HDTV’s are a rarity around working-class neighborhoods. Competition helps everybody’s quality of life. And you wonder why we call you moonbats.

    Then get your asses out there and get them rich folk doing some ‘patriotic spending’. With their taxes being the lowest they’ve been since the Depression, and their companies employing cheap Chinese labor, they’ve got no excuses

    Spending for the sake of spending doesn’t fix the economy, Keynes. We had a $787B reminder of that in 2009. Small businesses drive the economy, and saddling them with health insurance mandates and uncertainties and new 1099 tax requirements doesn’t exactly help when you’re just trying to stay afloat, genius. Don’t get me started on the corporate tax rate, but I’m sure that’s completely unrelated as well.

    I’d rather have those German “quacks” laying it out with our “best and brightest” scientists, than a bunch of oil sponsored teabaggers trying to shout them down.

    I’ve got an idea. How about some of you warmers give us some concrete, ironclad predictions based on your “models” ahead of time. What do you think you are, sports commentators – giving us analysis after the fact? Everything that happens with the weather, evidently, is validation of global warming. Unfalsifiable science is not science – it is religion. This still doesn’t address the issue of what, if anything, we have to do with global temperature changes. Earth’s climate has been changing pretty radically long before humans were around. Mars is warming too – is some of our wayward space junk causing that?

    Supported by anyone of political consequence? I’m unaware of elected officials lending credibility to trufers. Van Jones comes to mind, but he wasn’t elected and was also an avowed communist. “Green Jobs” Czar – classic!

    So why did McCain rally the base by matching Biden with Palin? Why not get another experienced old fart in there to seal the “presidential credential” deal?

    He wanted to select a woman to garner some disaffected Hillary voters. It was a gamble that didn’t pay off. That election was proof positive executive credentials don’t matter to half the population anyway, at least that time around.

    Funny, my in-law is a bona fide right-winger and med school grad, who believes in creationism, Fox News, and dresses my sister like a boy. Wingnuts.Do you think it’s unreasonable for us to see his transcripts if he runs for president? What’s your point in mentioning him here besides mocking him for not subscribing to your “humans are overdeveloped amoebas, spawned from lifeless matter that came from somewhere unexplained” theory?

  • Randy Brown

    Half-retarded. Yup.

  • timmy

    you leftists expect to keep American companies manufacturing inexpensive goods
    Nobody cares about Lou Dobbs anymore – paleoconservatism really is dead. IMO we’ve always had “globalization” but have now capitulated to it but. Hopefully if a global wage race to the bottom is inevitable somebody’s gonna be policing all the American hoovervilles. Maybe without taxpayer funds the Minutemen Militia will volunteer?

    another unpaid bill and it makes us sad.

    Then get your asses out there and get them rich folk doing some ‘patriotic spending’. With their taxes being the lowest they’ve been since the Depression, and their companies employing cheap Chinese labor, they’ve got no excuses.

    sure the planet is warming and humans are probably to blame.

    I’d rather have those German “quacks” laying it out with our “best and brightest” scientists, than a bunch of oil sponsored teabaggers trying to shout them down. Ever seen Deep Impact? The sad truth is, there’s no way a rocket could ever get off the ground with all the socialist takeover conspiracy theorists around. We’d all wind up getting blasted straight into The Rapture.

    We’ve got the “birthers” you’ve the the “trufers”, so c’est la vie.
    Supported by anyone of political consequence? I’m unaware of elected officials lending credibility to trufers.

    presidential credentials
    So why did McCain rally the base by matching Biden with Palin? Why not get another experienced old fart in there to seal the “presidential credential” deal?

    Nothing ruins the cultivated image of a high-minded intellectual like the college transcript of a dunce.

    Funny, my in-law is a bona fide right-winger and med school grad, who believes in creationism, Fox News, and dresses my sister like a boy. Wingnuts.

    Frank is our resident conservative who hates government though he lives off it.

  • Duros62

    Boy, I’m hope you don’t mean Barney Frank.

    Wow, you are new here, aren’t you?

  • Duros62

    Republicans still stand against per se discrimination in any form,

    It is to laugh.

    I’m curious, how can you allow disparate concepts to peacefully coexist within your mind, and be so sure about your opinions?

    He’s the kind of guy who has a confederate flag and a US flag flying on his porch and doesn’t see the disconnect.

  • ciscoguy

    Randy the Racist, how are ya, pal?

  • ciscoguy

    Frank can take up the medicare issue.

    Boy, I’m hope you don’t mean Barney Frank. He did such a bang-up job with F&F, I think I’d pass on him “fixing” medicare.

  • Randy Brown

    Wow, its like seesco saw all that respect and adulation Dennis and FDS have been getting and decided he needed to get in on it.

    I think FDS must be in detox this weekend, and he sent his half-retarded cousin to pinch hit.

  • ciscoguy

    but he spells really well and can critize others grammer!

    The hits just keep on coming! Besides spelling, I’d add logic and reasoning to your list of deficiencies.

  • ciscoguy

    I must have missed where facts about whether wars were justified or preemptive had anything to do with Obama’s campaign.

    Can you try that question again in grammatically correct English?

  • ciscoguy

    Debatable. Maybe a real economist can discuss why Communist China appears to be evolving much faster than Republic Russia, which also has cheap labor and oil to boot. We here in liberalland would be doing just that (debating real stuff) but we spend all our time fending off trolls and laughing at the Palins.

    I would argue Russia is not the democracy we thought we were going to get. To wit, I don’t see us signing any new START treaties with the UK. China has tons of cheap unskilled labor. Is it any wonder why they’re booming? Meanwhile, you leftists expect to keep American companies manufacturing inexpensive goods here while you seek to unionize every facet of the economy.

    Glad you’re finding something to laugh about. We’ve been getting a pretty good hoot out of the “lives touched” stimulus-package performance benchmark. It was also pretty amusing when Obama recently admitted there’s no such thing as a shovel ready job (note: not shovel ready rhetoric). Then we realize that’s another unpaid bill and it makes us sad.

    Nice to hear you’re so sure the planet is warming and humans are probably to blame. Naturally, this means we must restructure our whole economy. I’m looking forward to the next crazy cold-related weather pattern that AGW proselytizers will say backs up their theory. Some German scientists recently predicted we’re at the beginning stages of a new little ice, but they’re probably just a bunch of quacks, right? Hopefully your guys are right, or we’ll be freezing our asses off that much quicker with our Chevy Volts.

    As far as “death panels”, I’ve become dubious of the idea once that reactionary Paul Krugman wrote that they’re real:

    “The advisory panel which has the ability to make more or less binding judgments on saying this particular expensive treatment actually doesn’t do any good medically and so we are not going to pay for it. That is actually going to save quite a lot of money. We don’t know how much yet. The CBO gives it very little credit but, but most, most of the health care economists I talk to think that’s going be a really, uh a really major cost saving.”

    We’ve got the “birthers” you’ve the the “trufers”, so c’est la vie.

    As far as presidential credentials, it’s fair to say neither Biden nor Obama had any experience aside from legislative careers. Being a legislator doesn’t really require any skill aside from getting relected and voting, but at least McCain has done something other than voting for a living and Palin has actually held a desk job – she was the only 1 of the 4. The real documentation I’m interested from this pseudo-intellectual president are his educational transcripts. My brother in law, a bona fide left-winger and Columbia grad with some connections, admits it was because he was a pretty lousy student. Nothing ruins the cultivated image of a high-minded intellectual like the college transcript of a dunce.

  • http://olfroth.blogspot.com Ol Froth

    It really isn’t fair to insult Dennis or FDS by comparing them to cisco

  • LongHairedWeirdo

    LHW, Obama ran on surging in the Afghan war, so please cut out the nonsense already.

    I must have missed where facts about whether wars were justified or preemptive had anything to do with Obama’s campaign.

  • rat_bastard

    Wow, its like seesco saw all that respect and adulation Dennis and FDS have been getting and decided he needed to get in on it.

  • http://olfroth.blogspot.com Ol Froth

    Oh boy! He’s a spelling scold as well! Everything he types is regurgitated from some rightwing website or broadcast, but he spells really well and can critize others grammer! I’d blame my spelling mistakes on my handheld’s tiny keyboard, but the fact of the matter is that I am a poor speller

  • timmy

    SS can be saved by shrinking the benefits paid out = the amount paid in. It’s just that simple. Frank can take up the medicare issue.

  • timmy

    Well since white independent voters hired this poseur for the highest office in the land with no experience or credentials, I don’t think your fears are well-founded anymore.

    Opinion. The choice was between a couple of lawyers and a Navy underachiever/war hero and his pit bull talking head, with overall experience being roughly equivalent.

  • timmy

    Would it not have been done anyway by private companies? Does it offset the federal government forays into Medicare and SS – boondoggles which may prove to be this country’s undoing?

    Debatable. Maybe a real economist can discuss why Communist China appears to be evolving much faster than Republic Russia, which also has cheap labor and oil to boot. We here in liberalland would be doing just that (debating real stuff) but we spend all our time fending off trolls and laughing at the Palins.
    All I know is most experts say the earth is warming up, carbon emissions appears to be the culprit, but what to do about it is what’s debatable.

    democrat trojan horse for socialism

    If Huey Long was alive, maybe. But most modern sociopaths, at least the smart ones, choose to operate as puppetmasters behind the scenes. It doesn’t make sense to me that democrats secretly want to control the world. But then again, I’m the guy who thinks that “socialism” is inevitable (think Vonnegut’s Player Piano world) if conservatives don’t get their shit together and come up with better stuff than “death panels” and “birth certificates”.

  • ciscoguy

    how white people are descrimanted against
    This new chewtoy isn’t terribly bright, but he sure is predictable

    Oh, the irony!

  • ciscoguy

    So mambo, are you going to take me hostage like the guy at the Discovery Channel Building? As a climate change infidel, what kind of retaliatory actions can I expect around here?

  • Quaker in a Basement

    The kid isn’t pacing himself. He’s gonna burn out early.

  • mambochicken23

    In Bush’s defense, the climategate scandal didn’t hit until he was out of office. Add to that climate change clerics are now proclaiming AGW is actually the cause of ice storms in Georgia and the fact Obama had to brace two blizzards to attend the global warming summit in Copenhagen last year, and this “science” doesn’t look so credible anymore.

    Welcome to the Hall of Fame of stupid OW.com trolls, cisco. Due to your tirelessness, the absolute rapidity and sheer stupidity of nearly every post, you’ve made it in record time. Keep it up, and you might become the greatest troll ever.

    Don’t ever change.

  • http://olfroth.blogspot.com Ol Froth

    I find it hugely entertaining that the guy who outed himself as a racist by typing neoconfederate tripe about how white people are descrimanted against turns around and accuses others of being the real racists. This new chewtoy isn’t terribly bright, but he sure is predictable

  • ciscoguy

    The guy who has seen many inferior applicants get a leg up because they were white… and oh yeah, well connected. Not a perfect system but it beats having ghetto riots.
    Welcome to the political world of Richard Painter.

    Well since white independent voters hired this poseur for the highest office in the land with no experience or credentials, I don’t think your fears are well-founded anymore.

  • ciscoguy

    Would it not have been done anyway by private companies? Does it offset the federal government forays into Medicare and SS – boondoggles which may prove to be this country’s undoing?

    There are plenty of RINO’s who believe so-called “climate change” is something other than a democrat trojan horse for socialism. In Bush’s defense, the climategate scandal didn’t hit until he was out of office. Add to that climate change clerics are now proclaiming AGW is actually the cause of ice storms in Georgia and the fact Obama had to brace two blizzards to attend the global warming summit in Copenhagen last year, and this “science” doesn’t look so credible anymore.

  • timmy

    All democrats were on board with Iraq until it became politically expedient for them to oppose it.

    Methinks at least a few became upset when Natsios’ predictions of a “profitable war” didn’t pan out.

  • timmy

    Who are you to say I need to give inferior applicants a leg up, whether they’re black, white, red or green?

    The guy who has seen many inferior applicants get a leg up because they were white… and oh yeah, well connected. Not a perfect system but it beats having ghetto riots.
    Welcome to the political world of Richard Painter.

  • timmy

    Mitch Daniels outsourced major chunks of IN’s highway system to private companies, and they’re doing just fine. I thought under your compulsory climate change religion carbon was supposed to be bad?

    I was talking RV’s, CBs for truckers, home improvement centers for suburbanites, tire shops, motels, hotels, and Chicken Ranches for conservatives wishing to be discreet… Did Ike get lucky or predict all that new economy?

    And did somebody just morph concentration of technological power into “climate change religion”? It’s funny how George W Bush’s belief-in-the-science-but-not-mandation got morphed by wingnuts into “Al Gore wants to rule the world, Bwahahaha!”.

  • ciscoguy

    LHW, Obama ran on surging in the Afghan war, so please cut out the nonsense already. All democrats were on board with Iraq until it became politically expedient for them to oppose it. If MLK opposed Iraq, he would have been the only one besides Barbara Jackson Lee.

  • ciscoguy

    That’ll be them in the black helicopters. Grab your tinfoil radiation resistant hat and RUN!!!

    Shit! My Obama Motors Volt won’t start!!

  • ciscoguy

    Startup companies are sometimes that way too. Large established corporations? Read The Prince.

    Private companies should be able to hire whomever they want based on whatever they want. If I want to open a traditional Chinese restaurant, I’m not accepting applications from the Fitzpatrick brothers even though they happen to be better waiters than the Chinese applicans I’ve gotten so far. People go into business to make money. Who are you to say I need to give inferior applicants a leg up, whether they’re black, white, red or green?

  • Quaker in a Basement

    In the liberal new world order, it appears I’m not allowed to use “incendiary rhetoric” like marxist or fascist,

    You’re not?

    I count several violations right here in this thread. Expect a visit from the PC Police.

    (That’ll be them in the black helicopters. Grab your tinfoil radiation resistant hat and RUN!!!)

  • LongHairedWeirdo

    Would MLK have succumbed to the modern day moonbat theory that there’s no such thing as justified preemptive war?

    Neither Iraq nor Afghanistan can honestly called a “preemptive war”, so your question is pretty stupid.

    I have no idea if Afghanistan could have been “won”. I do remember feeling a great gladness that we helped the Afghanis take back their own country, and hoped that with help from the US, their significant mineral wealth could be developed, so we’d have embodied the “no better friend, no deadlier enemy” that might be necessary in that circumstance.

    But it was not preemptive, and our continued presence is pretty hard to justify.

    Iraq was unjustifiable. The right wing has farted – by which I mean, produced copious amounts of hot air that stinks – about “just war” theory, but Iraq doesn’t measure up. It also can’t be justified on ethical grounds – we gave our word not to make war against another UN member, and the Security Council was clear in *not* giving us permission to invade – and probably can’t be justified on legal grounds, but there is no legal authority able to enforce the UN Charter against the US. And, Iraq was in no way preemptive – there was no incipient threat, at all.

  • ciscoguy

    Mitch Daniels outsourced major chunks of IN’s highway system to private companies, and they’re doing just fine. I thought under your compulsory climate change religion carbon was supposed to be bad?

  • ciscoguy

    Our new best friend is running out of material. You gotta pace yourself, Seeesco.

    You forgot, “Momma’s Boy”. In the liberal new world order, it appears I’m not allowed to use “incendiary rhetoric” like marxist or fascist, which is probably more befitting even though you are also a very slow individual. I’ll try to come up with some new ways to mock you if the others are getting a little too stale.

  • timmy

    the NBA or NHL

    Rare, true, meritocracies they be. Startup companies are sometimes that way too. Large established corporations? Read The Prince.

  • timmy

    When you can tell me where liberalism ends…

    My beliefs are a bit more sophisticated than that. The amount of government power should be fluid, rolling with the times and the culture, but always be checked and balanced, as with all other concentrations of power. Ron Paul as POTUS of Switzerland might work, but Ron Paul as POTUS of Somalia would probably be a disaster.

    They are accountable to themselves, not you.

    Nay, sayeth the disgruntled crazed employee who releases the self-replicating carbon eating nanobots, which eats all life on earth. As technology and population grows so do concentrations of power. OTOH, did Eisenhower know all the spinoff economy his Interstate Highway System would produce?

  • Quaker in a Basement

    Keep reading, Mr. Rogers.

    The rest was just boilerplate accusations about how Democrats are the real racists. Doesn’t tell me a thing about the GOP.

  • ciscoguy

    That’s it? That’s your argument that the GOP has black people’s interests in mind?

    Keep reading, Mr. Rogers.

  • Quaker in a Basement

    Republicans still stand against per se discrimination in any form,

    That’s it? That’s your argument that the GOP has black people’s interests in mind?

  • Quaker in a Basement

    pansy…moron…

    Our new best friend is running out of material. You gotta pace yourself, Seeesco.

  • Quaker in a Basement

    Go take your complaint to the NBA or NHL and see what they say, pansy.

    Dodge and duck, Seeesco. You gonna make a choice or keep dancing?

  • ciscoguy

    If Seeesco thinks that today’s GOP has the interests of black folks at heart, he’ll make the case. If not, he’ll just keep looking back to the past.

    My answer was at 1:34PM today, moron.

  • ciscoguy

    If one group of people receives measurably less benefit from a system, there are two possibilities:

    1) It’s not a real meritocracy; the system is biased.
    2) The underperforming group is incapable of competing.

    Make your choice, Seeesco, then we’ll see who’s a racist.

    The prescient QIAB @ 1:13 pm:

    If Seeesco thinks that today’s GOP has the interests of black folks at heart, he’ll make the case. If not, he’ll just keep looking back to the past.

    ….aaaaaand we have our answer!

  • ciscoguy

    So the end game of the left is anarchist communism? Or Muslim socialism? Is that what I want? Or am I being suckered into such things because I want smart efficient government and not simply small stupid government? How is it that publicly elected officials can be so deviously power hungry, yet privatly “elected” officials in other concentrations of power (such as corporate and religious) can be expected to behave so much better?

    So many questions…So the end game of the left is anarchist communism? Or Muslim socialism? Is that what I want? Or am I being suckered into such things because I want smart efficient government and not simply small stupid government? How is it that publicly elected officials can be so deviously power hungry, yet privately “elected” officials in other concentrations of power (such as corporate and religious) can be expected to behave so much better?

    So many questions…

    When you can tell me where liberalism ends, the line in the sand so to speak, I’ll believe you when you say your end goal is not a workers’ paradise. I don’t think you necessarily want us to become China (unless you’re Tom Friedman), but you haven’t given serious thought about the limits of government. So, you’ll accept the government grabbing more and more power until you no longer recognize this place and can’t get out from underneath its own weight.

    The private sector is what produces the things that sustain the public sector, not the other way around. Since it is “private” you don’t need to concern yourself with the way companies or religious institutions organize themselves. They are accountable to themselves, not you.

  • Quaker in a Basement

    Willie, I guess the idea of a meritocracy is lost on you. Too bad, racist.

    If one group of people receives measurably less benefit from a system, there are two possibilities:

    1) It’s not a real meritocracy; the system is biased.
    2) The underperforming group is incapable of competing.

    Make your choice, Seeesco, then we’ll see who’s a racist.

  • Marco21

    Wow, looks like Glenn Beck took a shit and named it ciscoguy.

  • timmy

    How many parcels of the Brooklyn Bridge do you own?

    Personally, I like the idea of nailing every corrupt leader in a position of power, but I noted the unshakable sureness of your comments.

    Is Richard Painter’s expertise beneath you, or do you believe that corruption in every case, DeLay, Obama, Bush, Reagan… should always be addressed regardless of the “legal nuances” or the horse they rode in on?

  • timmy

    Willie, I guess the idea of a meritocracy is lost on you. Too bad, racist.

    I guess the idea of a nepotistic good ole boys crony network lost on you. Too bad, racist?

  • timmy

    Right now, the American left is in the phase of eliminating all of the institutional obstacles on their conquest for power.

    So the end game of the left is anarchist communism? Or Muslim socialism? Is that what I want? Or am I being suckered into such things because I want smart efficient government and not simply small stupid government? How is it that publicly elected officials can be so deviously power hungry, yet privatly “elected” officials in other concentrations of power (such as corporate and religious) can be expected to behave so much better?

    So many questions…

  • ciscoguy

    Obviously, in the opinion of the guy who refused to acknowledge that Dubya’s chief legal ethics counselor called the Obama-Sestak thing bullshit. I’m curious, how can you allow disparate concepts to peacefully coexist within your mind, and be so sure about your opinions?

    Well, we’ll see hot shot, won’t we? I suppose you believe that Joe Sestak, not exactly in the same income bracket as John Kerry, was offered an “unpaid” avisory job according to Obama, for droping out of the race for a paid senate job. How many parcels of the Brooklyn Bridge do you own?

  • ciscoguy

    Willie, I guess the idea of a meritocracy is lost on you. Too bad, racist.

  • timmy

    But it may also give others some insight into how they think. Or can think.

    My all time fave, is that Jesus Christ and Ayn Rand were both brilliant conservative thinkers worthy of worship. That they were polar opposites regarding religion and selfishness (Number 1 and 2 concerns for most conservatives) is of no concern for the good tribalist.

  • ciscoguy

    C’mon, Chuck. You said you were leaving.

  • ciscoguy

    Of course you can. And big military has always been a small government feature.

    Right now, the American left is in the phase of eliminating all of the institutional obstacles on their conquest for power. They fear the military because they have power (arms) and fear their loyalty to the Constitution and not politicians – an anathema to democrats. This is why they seek to dismantle it. It can always be rebuilt once their “fundamental transformation” is complete. (They also really, really, really need the money right now.)

  • chuck

    Feeding trolls only encourages them.

  • Willie Stark

    ‘Did they become Republicans because the Republican Party ever offered a segregationist platform?’

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lw8_f6_2XQ

  • timmy

    Both are true.

    Obviously, in the opinion of the guy who refused to acknowledge that Dubya’s chief legal ethics counselor called the Obama-Sestak thing bullshit.

    I’m curious, how can you allow disparate concepts to peacefully coexist within your mind, and be so sure about your opinions?

  • ciscoguy

    I’ve read that Obama is “a machiavellian mastermind” and “an incompetent teleprompter dolt”, within the same conservative blog thread.

    Both are true. When it comes to doing the things he should be doing as president (standing up to radical islam, rogue nuclear states, fighting the urge to denigrate his country overseas), he is a hapless moron. When it comes to the things he shouldn’t be doing (destroying the housing market, job market, currency, banking industry), he’s a reckless tyrant.

  • ciscoguy

    Looks like another clown car pulled up. Welcome Randy!

  • timmy

    I can easily explain this.

    Of course you can. And big military has always been a small government feature.

  • ciscoguy

    All of my southern relatives were Democrats until the Civil Rights Act was passed. Now they are all repubs. So I guess that means that the Democratic Party is racist?! did I get that right?Did they become Republicans because the Republican Party ever offered a segregationist platform? There’s your answer, jackass.

  • Randy Brown

    Looks like we got another Scaife-financed trolltw-t in the house. Fresh Fish!

  • timmy

    I’ve read that Obama is “a machiavellian mastermind” and “an incompetent teleprompter dolt”, within the same conservative blog thread. That he’s namby pamby AND power hungry, doesn’t phase anyone.

    Hell, right here at OW we had Dennis arguing that nobody wants to hire liberals in media because of the economics, and Frank arguing that everybody hires liberals in media because of the bias, in the same thread. Completely oblivious to each other.

    I think cognitive dissonance only effects the intellectually honest. In other minds (usually conservative) conflicting thoughts can coexist together quite happily.

  • ciscoguy

    And the Tea Party Express panhandling email declared Loughner was a “far left anarchist”.

    To the wingnut mind, that liberals are socialists, fascists, anarchists, atheists, big government military, racists, Moslems and anti-war, all at the same time, is not too surprising for me. They can rationalize and believe anything.

    I can easily explain this. He was a fan of the Communist Manifesto, yet he hated the government. He probably wanted to see our whole form of government blown up and have full-blown communist government set up in its wake. (Not like you guys, who are fine with the slow and steady approach.)

  • ciscoguy

    Because, as Chuck’s pointed out, support among Southern Dems was slight. A wing which, as you’ve pointed out, became Republican.They all had D’s next to their names – I don’t see any distinction.
    Are you saying I’m supposed to be embarrassed because Republicans defeated Democrats on the civil rights issue and offered disenfranchised segregationist Democrats any number of other reasons to vote Republican? Besides, for a party of Jeremiah Wright to Bobby Byrd, it’s safe to say racism still has a comfortable home in the Democrat Party.

  • merl

    And don’t forget, Obama is Obambi and also a thug at the same time. You have to be pretty damn stupid to be a teabagger.

  • merl

    All of my southern relatives were Democrats until the Civil Rights Act was passed. Now they are all repubs. So I guess that means that the Democratic Party is racist?! did I get that right?

  • merl

    I thought the crisco guy would have mentioned Byrds membership in the Klan a whole lot sooner. that’s pretty much all he has.
    You know, I read on the internet that he was a dangerous pederast. It must be true because I’m the second person to say it.

  • timmy

    And the Tea Party Express panhandling email declared Loughner was a “far left anarchist”.

    To the wingnut mind, that liberals are socialists, fascists, anarchists, atheists, big government military, racists, Moslems and anti-war, all at the same time, is not too surprising for me. They can rationalize and believe anything.

  • ciscoguy

    Psssst!!! Cisco! Your sheet is showing!

    I’ve seen some pretty stupid non sequiturs before, but this may be top 5.

  • ciscoguy

    You are part of the ongoing problem. Along with the extreme right wing, your incendiary language has consequences. Good luck with that, bud.

    Yeah, it might get democrats fired in numbers not seen in 80 years. Oh no! Funny how you leftists make a movie about assassinating Bush, oh, but that’s not “incendiary language”, no – that’s ART! You guys are such a bunch of frauds.

  • http://olfroth.blogspot.com Ol Froth

    It used to be that Democrats discriminated against blacks. Now, they discriminate against whites in favor of blacks and other minorities under the guise of “social justice”.

    Psssst!!! Cisco! Your sheet is showing!

  • Jen7

    “When you change the name to the more suitable Socialist-Fascist Party, I will it by its proper name.”

    You are part of the ongoing problem. Along with the extreme right wing, your incendiary language has consequences. Good luck with that, bud.

  • Willie Stark

    ‘Democrats coulnd’t break 70%.’

    Because, as Chuck’s pointed out, support among Southern Dems was slight. A wing which, as you’ve pointed out, became Republican.

  • ciscoguy

    Republicans supported CRA1964 by overwhelming numbers, while Democrats coulnd’t break 70%. Happy trails, Chuck. Come back with a new house of cards.

    By party
    The original House version:[12]

    Democratic Party: 152-96 (61%-39%)
    Republican Party: 138-34 (80%-20%)

    Cloture in the Senate:[13]

    Democratic Party: 44-23 (66%–34%)
    Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)

    The Senate version:[12]

    Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%–31%)
    Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)

  • chuck

    The choice is either reasoned discussion or else try to counter bumper sticker rhetoric and worn out talking points that have little or nothing to do with reality. I’ll let the regulars here carry on with Cisco. I have no interest in doing battle with straw man arguments and a fantasy based viewpoint.

  • ciscoguy

    The Democratic (note the spelling Seeesco!)

    There is nothing Democratic about your party anymore. It no longer a party Jefferson would recognize. When you change the name to the more suitable Socialist-Fascist Party, I will it by its proper name.

  • ciscoguy

    but I’m always amazed at people like you who try and equate a political reality of 50, or even 150 years ago to the political reality of today.Not a whole lot has changed, really. Republicans still stand against per se discrimination in any form, whereas Democrats use it for political gain. It used to be that Democrats discriminated against blacks. Now, they discriminate against whites in favor of blacks and other minorities under the guise of “social justice”. You guys eliminate school choices, glorify single parenthood (and if not, you’ll be happy to charge them for an abortion) and denigrate Christianity, all which have literally destroyed the black family and ravaged black neighborhoods. In fact, if you are a black baby in NYC, there is a 61% chance you will be dismembered in utero before you ever see the light of day. You’ve created the perfect dependency class, and like gluttons for punishment, these black neighborhoods universally vote democrat. And, what do they get in return? The same old corrupt politicians like Charlie Rangel that never do anything to give them any real help.

  • http://olfroth.blogspot.com Ol Froth

    Well now, let’s not rewrite our own history either. The Democratic (note the spelling Seeesco!) Party did, in fact, cater to its southern bloc to preserve party unity.

    I don’t think anyone here is arguing otherwise.

  • Quaker in a Basement

    Well now, let’s not rewrite our own history either. The Democratic (note the spelling Seeesco!) Party did, in fact, cater to its southern bloc to preserve party unity. Even in the days of FDR–who was widely loved in black America–the Democratic Party was willing to water down its own legislative initiatives to placate a southern constituency that wanted to preserve a “way of life.” (See Ira Katznelson, “When Affirmative Action Was White”).

    There were Democrats who did courageous things to advance the cause of racial equality. There were others who made bad deals in an attempt to preserve party unity. It still happens today.

    If Seeesco thinks that today’s GOP has the interests of black folks at heart, he’ll make the case. If not, he’ll just keep looking back to the past.

  • chuck
  • chuck

    Breakdown of voting for CRA of 1964

    Note: “Southern”, as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. “Northern” refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

    The original House version:

    * Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7%–93%)
    * Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0%–100%)

    * Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%–6%)
    * Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%–15%)

    The Senate version:

    * Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5%–95%)
    * Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0%–100%)
    * Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%–2%)
    * Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%–16%)

    Support or opposition to the CRA had very little to do with party affiliation. That much is clear. Once Nixon had implemented his Southern Strategy, opposition to Civil Rights crystallized in the Republican Party, and that has been the case for the past 40 years. It has become even more pronounced as the Republican Party has purged itself of liberals and moderates over the past ten years. Cisco is simply doing what the right does best: make up their own facts and then rewrite history.

  • http://olfroth.blogspot.com Ol Froth

    Cisco, in the 1960s, both the Democratic and Republican parties contained liberals, moderates, and conservatives. Since the passage of the Civil Rights Act, the Republican party has purged itself of its liberal and moderate factions, thanks in large part to the “Southern Strategy.” Democrats of the 1960′s who held racist views did one of two things, they either admitted that racism was wrong and moved on, or they left the party. The vast majority of those racist democrats that left the party went to the republican party, who welcomed them with open arms. Blacks, who traditionally voted Republican thanks to Lincoln’s legacy, started switching parties to the Democrats as the Southern Strategy began to bear it fruits for the Republicans. As the Republican party continued to morph into a neo-confederate faction, the liberals and moderates who were once part of its makeup left for the Democrats. This really isn’t so hard to understand, but I’m always amazed at people like you who try and equate a political reality of 50, or even 150 years ago to the political reality of today.

  • Quaker in a Basement

    When you go in to the voting booth and vote D, you are voting with the same party that gave us Jim Crow laws.

    And black governors.
    And black members of Congress.
    And a black president.

    Remember that.

  • Willie Stark

    No. I’m a 54 year old white guy who grew up in the Deep South. What Quaker said. You have a selective memory.

  • ciscoguy

    You act as if they ever got representation for segregation under the Republican tent like they did under the Democrat tent.

    Willie, are you black? When you go in to the voting booth and vote D, you are voting with the same party that gave us Jim Crow laws. Remember that.

  • Marco21

    Yes you are.

  • Willie Stark

    ‘Pretty funny watching you guys dance around the fact your democrat party was THE pillar of slavery and segregation. What is history if it can’t be re-written, eh?’

    ‘So, who did passage of the Civil Rights Act force into the Republican party?’

    ‘Frugal racist democrats.’

    Who are now Republicans?
    Am I following this right?

  • Quaker in a Basement

    Seeesco! What year is it?

    You’re going on about stuff that happened 45-50 years ago. The world has changed.

  • ciscoguy

    Dixiecrats, otherwise known as former Democrats.

  • ciscoguy

    “Sheets” Byrd ring a bell?

  • ciscoguy

    Pretty funny watching you guys dance around the fact your democrat party was THE pillar of slavery and segregation. What is history if it can’t be re-written, eh?

  • Duros62

    Dixiecrats. George Wallace ring a bell?

  • ciscoguy

    Frugal racist democrats.

  • Willie Stark

    So, who did passage of the Civil Rights Act force into the Republican party?

  • ciscoguy
  • ciscoguy

    It would be like the democrat party dropping the abortion platform and forcing all of the otherwise fiscally-minded voters into the republican party.

  • Zython

    To Oliver:
    “I’ll have those n*****s voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”
    -LBJ
    How prophetic.

    Did a google search. Only results I could find, of which there were 15, all come from forum posts. Got a more credible cite for this quote?

  • ciscoguy

    Enslaving the black man, Willie.

  • Willie Stark

    And what single issue was that?

  • ciscoguy

    Yeah, they lost all of the single-issue democrats.

  • Willie Stark

    “We’ve lost the South for a generation.”

    LBJ

    How prophetic

  • http://jarreauquasimedia.xanga.com/ jrfunkenstein

    ‘He was a registered Republican.’

    Where is your evidence of that specious claim?

  • ciscoguy

    To Oliver:

    “I’ll have those n*****s voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”
    -LBJ

    How prophetic.

  • Quaker in a Basement

    Now that he is safely dead
    Let us praise him
    build monuments to his glory
    sing hosannas to his name.
    Dead men make
    such convenient heroes: They
    cannot rise
    to challenge the images
    we would fashion from their lives.
    And besides,
    it is easier to build monuments
    than to make a better world.

    –Carl Wendell Hines

  • Quaker in a Basement

    I’d like to think he had more integrity than the modern day black liberal,

    Well, see? Right there is the problem with people like Jeh Johnson. They assume that what they’d “like to think” is necessarily true.

    It ain’t.

  • NoCuteName

    Wow, Cisco, up is down and down is up. This is something that’s hard for many people in our age to believe, but just because you want something to be true, doesn’t mean it is.

    If Sean Hannity tried to sell you a bridge, would you buy it?

  • http://www.oliverwillis.com Oliver Willis
  • Paul_D

    Say, Criscoguy, there’s pretty good evidence (according to reliable yet anonymous sources) that you’re a dangerous pederast. It would probably be a great idea that the local authorities- nah let’s get the Feds- come and pay you a visit, perhaps post your picture and address until the smoke clears. Hey! maybe there is an upside to this pre-emptive philosophy!

  • ciscoguy

    He was a registered Republican. You think he was standing on the same side of the aisle as the party blocking civil rights passage? Really? Whether or not he had any issues with the Republican Party is not the point, much as you would like to conflate that into no party affiliation at all. I have issues with the Republican Party.

    I know this truth is a bitter pill for you to swallow because it forces you to admit the reality that unlike the Democrat Party, the Republican Party has always stood for abolition (Lincoln founded it in this movement) and civil rights.

  • http://frankdisalleisadummy.wordpress.com/ The Dark Avenger

    Sorry, Ciscodumb, only his wingnut niece thinks so:

    Yes, Dr. King was a republican according to his niece Dr. Alveda C. King who stated,

    “My grandfather, Dr. Martin Luther King, Sr., or “Daddy King”, was a Republican
    and father of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. who was a Republican.”

    http://www.trustedpartner.com/docs/library/000143/Alveda%20King%20article.pdf.

    But, not according to his son, who’s liberal partisan politics are reflected in his statement released through the King Center published in an AP article in July 2008 at http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/printedition/2008/07/05/kingrepublicans.html, Martin Luther King III said, “It is disingenuous to imply that my father was a Republican. He never endorsed any presidential candidate, and there is certainly no evidence that he ever even voted for a Republican. It is even more outrageous to suggest that he would support the Republican Party of today, which has spent so much time and effort trying to suppress African-American votes in Florida and many other states.”
    And this Wash Post article in 2006 says King actually voted for LBJ in 1964.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/18/AR2006101801754.html

    In fact, in “The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr.,” which was published after King’s death from his written material and records, King called the 1964 Republican national convention that nominated Goldwater a “frenzied wedding … of the KKK and the radical right.”

    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Was_Dr_Martin_Luther_King_a_registered_Republican

  • ciscoguy

    MLK was a registered Republican, as most blacks were a the time because they were the most vocal in their support of civil rights. He did have his social(ist) justice proclivities, so it’s hard to say where on the ideological spectrum he would fall now. I’d like to think he had more integrity than the modern day black liberal, which is nothing more than a race opportunist and propagandist at large, such as our very own Oliver Willis. (http://twitter.com/owillis/status/23841584541859840)

    Would MLK have succumbed to the modern day moonbat theory that there’s no such thing as justified preemptive war? Would he have been forced into assimilation by the left-wing black victimhood school of thought (ie, stand with us or we will forever publicly refer to you as an Uncle Tom), which begat notorious shakedown artists like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton? I’d like to give him a little more credit than that.

  • Wilbur

    Looks like the GOP might have found its VP candidate.

  • Tyro

    I’m impressed that Johnson actually acknowledged that King was an ardent opponent of the Vietnam War. Most people try to write part of King’s life out of history.

    Trying to argue “this war is what King would have wanted” is a terrible perversion of his legacy, no different than trying to market Coca Cola as “the soda Martin Luther King, Jr. would have chosen.”

  • http://wetcasements.wordpress.com Jaim

    MLK was also an ardent Socialist. Glenn Beck forgot that part of his legacy.

  • http://jarreauquasimedia.xanga.com/ jrfunkenstein

    Clowns like this have been trying for decades to warp Dr. King’s legacy into some kind of Uber Right wing zealot.

    They have and will continue to fail miserably.