Huffington Post Lets Jenny McCarthy Aid In Killing Children With Anti-Vaccination Nonsense

Jenny McCarthyNo, you shouldn’t take medical advice from Playboy models, or at the very least Playboy models who don’t have a medical degree. Here is Jenny McCarthy writing on Huffington Post, pushing back on the findings that Andrew Wakefield’s study connecting vaccines and autism are a total fraud.

There is no connection between vaccines and autism. No connection at all. There have been tons of studies on this, in multiple countries. There is no link. All avoiding vaccination does is help to spread disease and death among the most vulnerable – children.

This is what Jenny McCarthy is advocating, and what Huffington Post enables by giving her a platform to spread this dangerous non-science. McCarthy uses the same crap language of the global warming denial movement and the phony intelligent design scam – acting as if there’s some “debate” to be had. It’s Glenn Beck style “just asking questions,” with the added effect of killing children.

All the parties in this – Jenny McCarthy, the anti-vaccination movement, and The Huffington Post – should be ashamed of what they’re doing (the same goes for Oprah Winfrey who is set to give McCarthy a larger platform).

> The Facts In The Case Of Dr. Andrew Wakefield

Like Us On Facebook!

More on the Banter:

  • diamond1

    wow just got back from your country – you can take a drug in case your first drug doesn’t work – hardly going to listen to USA on immunisations – just study the kids like mine who got a bad batch of your lovely MMR vaccine – get a clue you are all so unhealthy – too funny – every second TV ad is for a drug – why don’t you all just try health – it works – hey my unvaccinated kids are way healthier than my vaccinated and that is standard in our extended family – Brian Deer??? say what, since when did he become a scientist that anyone is listening to – BMJ is now listening to reporters, go figure – follow the money mate and you will see who promotes what they promote – you guys are just too funny – if you aren’t totting weapons and war you are totting drugs – I swear the IQ of most of you has dropped – maybe too many shots and drugs – hmmmmmm – one thing you do do well is not ALL buy into the rubbish so citizens like Jenny McCarthy can get airtime – just study the damaged kids and stop the rubbish – they are everywhere – what are the vaccine folks so scared of – maybe you could make a vaccine for errectile dysfunction caused by depression and heart disease – opps really its all caused by over weight out of touch folks who really think a pill or an immunisation can solve all their lazy issues – clean up mate and you wouldn’t need to even have the conversation – the plague died out when hygiene was improved – dahhhhhh – you can’t fight mother nature – why not just let folks do the studies instead of this negative reporting from the likes of you and Deer – nothing is ever achieved with negative reporters!!!!!

  • mambochicken23

    Talking about my possible drinking is real classy, guys. I am not in the least surprised or impressed. The much vaunted liberal compassion and tolerance – often talked about, never displayed – is again, noticeably absent.
    In other words, jaim and mambochicken, you both suck

    Go cry about it somewhere else, Frank.

  • http://rainbowmixradio.com Frank DiSalle

    Not really, jaim, you’re just a scum sucking toad. Even your friend mambo won’t go down this road with you. You’re the poster boy for liberal inflammatory, divisive, disgusting rhetoric.
    I weep for Korea.

  • http://wetcasements.wordpress.com Jaim

    And the conservative victimization meter dings 100% yet again.

  • http://rainbowmixradio.com Frank DiSalle

    Talking about my possible drinking is real classy, guys. I am not in the least surprised or impressed. The much vaunted liberal compassion and tolerance – often talked about, never displayed – is again, noticeably absent.
    In other words, jaim and mambochicken, you both suck.

  • timmy

    Vaccine, schmaccine. She’s dumb n hot. Put her in for POTUS-R today.

  • mambochicken23

    Grey Ghost , don’t EVER question global warming when mambochicken is around…

    I don’t handle willful ignorance nor stupidity well, this is true, Frank. You know this better than anyone.

    Put down the bottle, Frank.

    I actually think it might be better if he picked the bottle up for the first time in a long time (assuming he’s remained sober for as long as he says he has). If he starts drinking again, maybe he’ll leave. At the very least, we should see the utter nonsensicality of his posts skyrocket. Considering their lofty perch right now, that would be a sight to behold.

  • http://wetcasements.wordpress.com Jaim

    Says the fuckwit who said vaccinating children is an emotional issue, not a scientific one.

    Put down the bottle, Frank.

  • http://rainbowmixradio.com Frank DiSalle

    Grey Ghost , don’t EVER question global warming when mambochicken is around…
    He goes absolutely apostolic Episcopalian ballistic !!

  • Willie Stark
  • NoCuteName

    GG, there was a reason I said PROBABLY on the global warming deniers—because my mind isn’t totally made up on the topic and is open to new information. Is yours? Because it sounds like you’re the one guilty of dogma.

  • Matthew_Hubbard

    The Huffington Post publishes a lot of anti-science crap. It really becomes painful after a while.

  • mambochicken23

    Also…

    …vaccination? Jenny McCarthy?

  • mambochicken23

    Ghost, you’re being stupid.

    Your first link: Gore’s admittance of being wrong on ethanol subsidies does not equal “questioning” the existence of global warming.

    Your second link: What’s your point?

    Your third link: Weather does not equal climate. But you probably knew that already. Unless you’re even stupider than I thought.

  • MrGreyGhost

    “acting as if there’s some “debate” to be had. It’s Glenn Beck style “just asking questions,” with the added effect of killing children.”

    – good to know that even when OW tries to do something right for a change, he cant help but bash a conservative on the way.

    And yeah, how dare anyone EVER question global warming:

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gore-admits-he-was-wrong-about-ethanol-subsidies-not-good-policy/

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPUcfQS-slo&feature=player_embedded

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkzNmWlCig8&feature=player_embedded

  • NoCuteName

    And you want to teach both sides of the debate? Fine. My followers and I will scream really, really loudly that 2+2 equals 5. Do I get time on Oprah then?

  • NoCuteName

    Anti-Vaxxers, Creationists, and (most probably) Global Warming Deniers—Six of one and half a dozen of the other. Their minds are made up and they don’t want to be confused by facts.

    In this age of nihilism and narcissism, people believe that one person’s opinion is as valid as another but IT’S NOT. The CDC’s professional opinion on vaccines is better than mine or Jenny McCarthy’s. Jenny McCarthy’s professional opinion on waxing, make up and making crappy movies is better than the CDC’s.

  • mambochicken23

    Believing in science means you have to know when to cut your losses and acknowledge that you backed the wrong horse.

    Yup, this is really important. But there’s too many people who refuse to do it. Not just with respect to the vaccination issue, but also with respect to virtually everything important to their lives.

  • http://www.corporate-sellout.com/ Thad

    Ugh.

    I’ll admit I was on the “Maybe we should stop putting mercury in our vaccines” train (but never the “Maybe we shouldn’t vaccinate at all” one) back when Wakefield’s “research” was first published, but it’s been thoroughly discredited at this point. Believing in science means you have to know when to cut your losses and acknowledge that you backed the wrong horse.

  • Sean D. Martin

    Dr. Wakefield did something I wish all doctors would do: he listened to parents and reported what they said. His paper also said that, “Onset of behavioral symptoms was associated, by the parents, with measles, mumps and rubella vaccination in 8 of the 12 children,”

    And that is really the level of medical study one wants? “The parents told me so.”?

    Listening to parents is important. They’re closest and most familiar with the child. Their comments should be considered when endevouring to understand what has happened to a child patient. But their comments should not be taken as medical conclusions.

    Since when is repeating the words of parents and recommending further investigation a crime?

    It isn’t and nobody said it was so stop desperately trying to play the oppress victim that you aren’t. And further investigation was exactly what did happen. Numerous actual medical studies were made (Wakefield’s was not a medical study) and No. Link. Was. Found.

  • mambochicken23

    It appears that the site has eaten my comment. Anyway, the gist was this: Anyone stupid enough to take medical advice from a quack like Wakefield, a former Playboy model, and a semi-lunatic actor, deserves to have their child die from a preventable illness. However, the children don’t deserve this fate. Not at all.

  • Bob Stanley

    I heard a report on the BBC about a nine month old child in California who died from Whooping Cough. It was traced to another child at the day care who had never been vaccinated because the parents were afraid to vaccinate. The nine month old was too young for his vaccine.

  • liberalrob

    I know children regress after vaccination because it happened to my own son.

    What more need be said?

  • http://olfroth.blogspot.com Ol Froth

    I suspect the only thing that will stop them is if a paraent who lost a child to a preventable disease because of this sues them, but I doubt such a suit would be successful.