Hillary Clinton in 2009: Mr and Mrs Mubaraks ‘Friends of my Family’

While the US government is busy jumping on the bandwagon of 'change' in Egypt, it is worth remembering that the US has supported Mubarak's vicious regime with tens of billions of dollars of military aid for decades. Not only that, but Mubarak was so close to US power that Hillary Clinton viewed him as a personal friend. This is from an interview with Randa Aboul Azem of Al Arabiya (h/t TinyRevoluton):

We look forward to President Mubarak coming as soon as his schedule would permit. I had a wonderful time with him this morning. I really consider President and Mrs. Mubarak to be friends of my family. So I hope to see him often here in Egypt and in the United States.

MEMBERS ONLY: Who Stole My City?

MEMBERS ONLY: Who Stole My City?

I grew up in Clapham, south London in the 1980's, and have clear memories of what the city felt likeRead more...
MSNBC Falls for Worst On-Air Prank Call Ever, Continuing Proud TV News Tradition

MSNBC Falls for Worst On-Air Prank Call Ever, Continuing Proud TV News Tradition

There's no semi-regular occurrence in television news that infuriates the hell out of me more than aRead more...
Did You Know ISIS is Getting Their Balls Beat Off In Tikrit?

Did You Know ISIS is Getting Their Balls Beat Off In Tikrit?

It might seem like Hillary Clinton's emails are the biggest story in the world right now, but prior Read more...