Hillary Clinton in 2009: Mr and Mrs Mubaraks ‘Friends of my Family’

While the US government is busy jumping on the bandwagon of 'change' in Egypt, it is worth remembering that the US has supported Mubarak's vicious regime with tens of billions of dollars of military aid for decades. Not only that, but Mubarak was so close to US power that Hillary Clinton viewed him as a personal friend. This is from an interview with Randa Aboul Azem of Al Arabiya (h/t TinyRevoluton):

We look forward to President Mubarak coming as soon as his schedule would permit. I had a wonderful time with him this morning. I really consider President and Mrs. Mubarak to be friends of my family. So I hope to see him often here in Egypt and in the United States.

'Religious Freedom' Is a Perfect Campaign Issue For 2016

'Religious Freedom' Is a Perfect Campaign Issue For 2016

In one of the most stunning cases of socially conservative overreach in political memory, Indiana's Read more...
Breaking: Trevor Noah Reportedy Fired As <em>The Daily Show</em> Host

Breaking: Trevor Noah Reportedy Fired As The Daily Show Host

Well, that was fast. Barely a day after a series of controversial tweets surfaced, The Daily Banter Read more...
Quote of the Day: Here's the Problem with "Believing" Gay People are Sinful

Quote of the Day: Here's the Problem with "Believing" Gay People are Sinful

"We're not discriminating against anyone, that's just our belief and anyone has the right to believeRead more...