Finally, iPhone Users Can Dump AT&T

Jon Stewart and John Oliver rejoice in the monumentous occasion:

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart

Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c

Verizon iPhone Announcement

www.thedailyshow.com

Daily Show Full Episodes

Political Humor & Satire Blog</a>

The Daily Show on Facebook

While the segment is hilarious, Stewart and Oliver have hit a real nerve. I am unfortunately locked into and AT&T contract for the next 18 months so will have to put up with not being able to make any phone calls in order to keep my iphone - a trade off I often regret. It's amazing that a one company can build a phone that allows you to video conference with someone on the other side of the planet, while the other cannot perfect technology invented 150 years ago. After all, what does AT&T have to do other than have a phone network that works? Baffling.