WikiLeaks Now Gunning for Big Banks

From the Huffington Post:

The next target of WikiLeaks may be Bank of America, if comments made last year by the organization's editor-in-chief Julian Assange are any indication.

In an October 2009 interview with Computer World, Assange said that Wikileaks had acquired a large cache of information from Bank of America (hat tip to Raw Story.)

Here's Assange's 2009 interview:

"At the moment, for example, we are sitting on 5GB from Bank of America, one of the executive's hard drives," he said. "Now how do we present that? It's a difficult problem. We could just dump it all into one giant Zip file, but we know for a fact that has limited impact. To have impact, it needs to be easy for people to dive in and search it and get something out of it."

If this is the case, Assange could find himself in serious danger. While governments are somewhat accountable and transparent, as we have seen, giant mega banks are not. And they won't take Assange's assault lightly. Assange is currently on the move and has no set location, so unless he has had some serious training, I wouldn't fancy his chances. Let's hope he stays lucky.